Sign in to follow this  
G

The men who ran on the pitch.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]Sorry, I can''t condone what they did. When you purchase you season ticket you agree to abide by the rules of the club and those guys knew the rules. If you accept their behaviour then you are sanctioning the breaking of any of the club rules that are in place at the time. [/quote]

So answer the question... All of the people who broke the rules of Crewe Alexandra FC on the final day of our promotion season, should they be banned also, or simply banned from Gresty Road???  [:^)]

[/quote]

That is not a fair question and you know you can''t compare the two. If trouble had flared at Gresty Road  and supporters were in danger then any troublemakers would hopefully have been picked up on camera and dealt with accordingly ( but presumably this was not the case ). What happened yesterday was not some over exhuberant celebration but two supporters making an illegal demonstration using threatening behaviour ( I certainly wouldn''t have liked being confronted by them.

[/quote]

Did you hear them threaten anybody?

No?  Neither did I.

[/quote]

Your havin a laugh ! By the looks of the pictures they are saying " Would you like a cream cake ? " You don''t have to say anything to act in an agressive or threatening manner. May be they wanted a dance with Gunny ???

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Okay, it probably shouldn''t have happened but can you really blame them Jas? All of us have feelings and there is a point where we all snap and say enough is enough. What surprised me is how well behaved city fans were yesterday considering the circumstances. To be honest with you if I were 20 years younger and sat in the City Stand I would have done the same. As you say the Crewe occasion we were invited, but yesterday was a spur of the moment decision by two fans who simply couldn''t take anymore. They may or may not be banned. Who can tell what the final outcome is. But I can guarantee they will have made their point to the management and the board. On that alone, they should be applauded.[/quote]

Maybe they should arrest and charge me then also Gazza.

I was on the pitch by myself the game we qualified for the play-offs (Stockport @ home), when I ran over and gave Gary Holt a hug.

No violoence was used by these two yesterday and no threats were made as far as I am aware.

People like Jas who believe every word the Media says are so anal it is untrue.  What is so illegal about entering the field of play in a football match Jas.  You are the kind of individual who makes this world such a passionless souless place to live in these days.

Answer me this Jas... wasn''t the view of any supporter being found to enter the field of play instrumental in some of the deaths that occured on April 15th 1989 when fans trying to save their own and others lives were seen as scum and ordered back in to a packed enclosure?

[quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]Sorry, I can''t condone what they did. When you purchase you season ticket you agree to abide by the rules of the club and those guys knew the rules. If you accept their behaviour then you are sanctioning the breaking of any of the club rules that are in place at the time. [/quote]

So answer the question... All of the people who broke the rules of Crewe Alexandra FC on the final day of our promotion season, should they be banned also, or simply banned from Gresty Road???  [:^)]

[/quote]

That is not a fair question and you know you can''t compare the two. If trouble had flared at Gresty Road  and supporters were in danger then any troublemakers would hopefully have been picked up on camera and dealt with accordingly ( but presumably this was not the case ). What happened yesterday was not some over exhuberant celebration but two supporters making an illegal demonstration using threatening behaviour ( I certainly wouldn''t have liked being confronted by them.

[/quote]

No?  Neither did I.

[/quote]

Your havin a laugh ! By the looks of the pictures they are saying " Would you like a cream cake ? " You don''t have to say anything to act in an agressive or threatening manner. May be they wanted a dance with Gunny ???

[/quote]

What so they are breaking the law now for telling Gunny he is a crap football manager and throwing their season ticket in his direction?

I told Gunny pretty much the same stuff the day after we were relegated. 

You are obviously are far too young to remember a world with any passion in it???

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Okay, it probably shouldn''t have happened but can you really blame them Jas? All of us have feelings and there is a point where we all snap and say enough is enough. What surprised me is how well behaved city fans were yesterday considering the circumstances. To be honest with you if I were 20 years younger and sat in the City Stand I would have done the same. As you say the Crewe occasion we were invited, but yesterday was a spur of the moment decision by two fans who simply couldn''t take anymore. They may or may not be banned. Who can tell what the final outcome is. But I can guarantee they will have made their point to the management and the board. On that alone, they should be applauded.[/quote]

I was on the pitch by myself the game we qualified for the play-offs (Stockport @ home), when I ran over and gave Gary Holt a hug.

No violoence was used by these two yesterday and no threats were made as far as I am aware.

People like Jas who believe every word the Media says are so anal it is untrue.  What is so illegal about entering the field of play in a football match Jas.  You are the kind of individual who makes this world such a passionless souless place to live in these days.

Answer me this Jas... wasn''t the view of any supporter being found to enter the field of play instrumental in some of the deaths that occured on April 15th 1989 when fans trying to save their own and others lives were seen as scum and ordered back in to a packed enclosure?

[/quote]

You are getting real desperate now Smudger, you are trying to dig up as much as you can where there is no like for like comparison to justify what these two guys did ! Whatever you say, they broke the club rules and you know it ! We can''t take the law into our own hands !

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

How the hell you can talk about that tradegy and a few morons running on the pitch, I do not know.

What is so illegal about entering the field of play in a football match? So fans running on the pitch and attacking fans is acceptable then, fans attacking the bench as and when they feel like it, fans disrupting the game more often than not as they can. Thats what you will get if it was not banned. I suppose you''re the kind that thinks shoplifting is ok too....

Come on Pirate, yes they broke the law we know that but they delivered a very strong message and that''s why they have so much support.

[quote]What is so illegal about entering the field of play in a football match Jas. [/quote]Er, the law says it''s not allowed ?   Why else do they have signs around the pitch that say that if you enter the field of play you''ll get a fine and a ban ?  Common sense suggests surely that going onto the pitch to remonstrate with the manager will result in an arrest and a ban.  If they''re lucky they''ll only be banned from Carrow Road.As for using Hillsborough to give your argument any justification, well frankly that''s just ridiculous.

[quote user="crab"]

That article on the EDP site really is lazy journalism 

“Two men were arrested at the match and charged with pitch encroachment. They will appear at Norwich Magistrates Court this morning.”

What on a Sunday??? That is just completely made up!

[/quote]

hahaha it still doesn''t stop some numb nuts believing it though... [:D]

They will no doub''t even be offered their season tickets back (not that they would want them).

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No?  Neither did I.

[/quote]

[/quote]

What so they are breaking the law now for telling Gunny he is a crap football manager and throwing their season ticket in his direction?

You are obviously are far too young to remember a world with any passion in it???

[/quote]

Don''t you just love it when people make assumptions ! I''m 52 so do I have to assume you are a child ??? They are breaking the club rules ffs ! And don''t tell me I have no passion. And....... at the next home game I am expecting you to run up to Gunny and ( if you have a season ticket, throw it in his direction ).....yeah, as if you would !

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]What is so illegal about entering the field of play in a football match Jas. [/quote]

Er, the law says it''s not allowed ?   Why else do they have signs around the pitch that say that if you enter the field of play you''ll get a fine and a ban ?  Common sense suggests surely that going onto the pitch to remonstrate with the manager will result in an arrest and a ban.  If they''re lucky they''ll only be banned from Carrow Road.

As for using Hillsborough to give your argument any justification, well frankly that''s just ridiculous.
[/quote]

In that case then I am still waiting for mine from 2002 blah.

Maybe the club could get in touch with me to explain the difference in how they treated me compared to these two individuals???

Frankly you are the one who is ridiculous and the Media and the Stewards and Police had a part to play in some of the deaths and injuries that occured at Hillsborough that day and you know it!  The media and the establishment went way over the top in response to hooliganism in the 80''s and it is about time that they held their hands up to that fact and accepted that their rules with regards to fans on the pitch are ridiculous!

[quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No?  Neither did I.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t you just love it when people make assumptions ! I''m 52 so do I have to assume you are a child ??? They are breaking the club rules ffs ! And don''t tell me I have no passion. And....... at the next home game I am expecting you to run up to Gunny and ( if you have a season ticket, throw it in his direction ).....yeah, as if you would !

[/quote]

I am not stupid enough to of purchased a season ticket to watch the dross they consistently churn out at Carrow Road.

Gunny knows exactly what I think of him and if I bumped in to him the City tomorrow then I would be telling him that "we are still polishing up his trophy for worst football manager in NCFC''s history, when would he like to come and pick it up."

[quote user="Smudger"]

Maybe the club could get in touch with me to explain the difference in how they treated me compared to these two individuals???

Frankly you are the one who is ridiculous and the Media and the Stewards and Police had a part to play in some of the deaths and injuries that occured at Hillsborough that day and you know it!  The media and the establishment went way over the top in response to hooliganism in the 80''s and it is about time that they held their hands up to that fact and accepted that their rules with regards to fans on the pitch are ridiculous!

[/quote]If you can''t see that you have to take each case on its'' own merits then I can''t help you.For example, did you interrupt the match ?  Did you act in an aggressive manner ?  Did you throw anything towards anyone ?It''s not Black and White Smudger, for each situation you have to judge accordingly.  That''s why they have judges you know.  To judge.

[quote]

I am not stupid enough to of purchased a season ticket to watch the dross they consistently churn out at Carrow Road.

Gunny knows exactly what I think of him and if I bumped in to him

the City tomorrow then I would be telling him that "we are still

polishing up his trophy for worst football manager in NCFC''s history,

when would he like to come and pick it up."[/quote]

Surely that''s still at John Deehans'' house [;)]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

How the hell you can talk about that tradegy and a few morons running on the pitch, I do not know.

What is so illegal about entering the field of play in a football match? So fans running on the pitch and attacking fans is acceptable then, fans attacking the bench as and when they feel like it, fans disrupting the game more often than not as they can. Thats what you will get if it was not banned. I suppose you''re the kind that thinks shoplifting is ok too....

[/quote]

Where has anybody said that using violence on the pitch or even in the stands was acceptable?

Was any violence used yesterday???

Violence does not have to be physical, even the basic common assault is not actually an assault per se. They acted in a threatening manner and had to be restrained by stewards, you don''t know what they would have done if the stewards and others had not stopped them, I don''t and I''m sure Gunn and Co were in fear for their safety.

I left after the fourth goal that was my protest its a pity a few more didnt walk out or show some form of protest this rot that has happened since the Fulham game has got to stop, losing like this in some respects will hopefully focus everyone to the problems we have, 0-1 or 1-2 to Colchester would have hid the problems we still have at the roots of our football club... still the best bit of the whole game was the two fans showing there feelings, how sad is that.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No?  Neither did I.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gunny knows exactly what I think of him and if I bumped in to him the City tomorrow then I would be telling him that "we are still polishing up his trophy for worst football manager in NCFC''s history, when would he like to come and pick it up."

[/quote]

Well, all I can say is I am glad I am one of the stupid 19,000 ticket holders, with morals and who believes in abiding by rules and the law as opposed to...well....goodnight Smudger !

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

If you can''t see that you have to take each case on its'' own merits then I can''t help you.

For example, did you interrupt the match ?  Did you act in an aggressive manner ?  Did you throw anything towards anyone ?

It''s not Black and White Smudger, for each situation you have to judge accordingly.  That''s why they have judges you know.  To judge.
[/quote]

You miss the point in that I was not even put up in front of a judge, but had broke the law by entering the field of play.  No I didn''t do any of the other things you say, but I was simply shown the exit from the ground while the celebrations of us qualifying for the play-offs continued.  10 mins or so later I was sat in the pub having a pint with my mates laughing about it. 

Did they act over-agressively then?  Unless you are saying that throwing a plastic card in the direction of somebody and telling them that they are a crap football manager constitutes assault then I really do not see what you are saying.  If you do classify these things as assault, then surely that is what these two guys should be charged with (not entering the field of play)?

My thoughts are that if they had done something similar in the street then any charges would be nearly impossible to pin on this pair?

[quote]You miss the point in that I was not even put up in front of a judge,

but had broke the law by entering the field of play.  No I didn''t do

any of the other things you say, but I was simply shown the exit from

the ground while the celebrations of us qualifying for the play-offs

continued.  10 mins or so later I was sat in the pub having a pint with

my mates laughing about it. [/quote]The difference is surely one of intent.  Your intent on that occasion was harmless.  The intent of the people involved yesterday could be construed as potentially harmful / threatening, although my feelings are that their actions were borne of frustration, and they should be let off.[quote]My thoughts are that if they had done something similar in the street

then any charges would be nearly impossible to pin on this pair?[/quote]Would Sky and the BBC be filming them in the street ?  Would a league 1 football match be happening in the street ?

[quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

You are getting real desperate now Smudger, you are trying to dig up as much as you can where there is no like for like comparison to justify what these two guys did ! Whatever you say, they broke the club rules and you know it ! We can''t take the law into our own hands !

[/quote]

Christ I despise people like you - Lily-livered baseless f*ck-headed liberals who are the ruination of this country.What those two guys did indeed - what did they do, perform an act of terrorism? Enter the country illegally and commit rape or murder an innocent? The kinds of instances that you liberals all too often turn a blind eye to and even justify!Get back down your hole.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Violence does not have to be physical, even the basic common assault is not actually an assault per se. They acted in a threatening manner and had to be restrained by stewards, you don''t know what they would have done if the stewards and others had not stopped them, I don''t and I''m sure Gunn and Co were in fear for their safety.[/quote]

No I don''t know what they would of done.  Thrown their season tickets at Mr Gunn no doubt.  Oh wait a min, didn''t they do that anyway???

They had to be restrained by stewards?  Isn''t that part and parcel of a Stewards job?  It is like saying that somebody is commiting a criminal offence when being asked to leave a nightclub and escorted away by a bouncer.  Were they violent towards the said stewards?  If they had of wanted to show violence towards anybody then you would of seen a lot more of a scuffle than what actually occured I can assure you.

I acted in a threatening manner on our open day then when I expressed an opinion to Mr Gunn and was threatened of being thrown out by several stewards I suppose? 

My response to the stewards was" if you want to cause a scene then that is your choice, but I have not broken any laws and I will not be going quietly."

[quote user="Shyster"]Raaaaaaaaghr Grraaaaaaaghhr ARGHHHHHHH !!!!grunt grunt grunt[/quote]Crikey - something tells me Nick Owens'' cardie will not be freshly ironed in the morning.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Christ I despise people like you - Lily-livered baseless f*ck-headed liberals who are the ruination of this country.

What those two guys did indeed - what did they do, perform an act of terrorism? Enter the country illegally and commit rape or murder an innocent? The kinds of instances that you liberals all too often turn a blind eye to and even justify!

Get back down your hole.
[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]You miss the point in that I was not even put up in front of a judge, but had broke the law by entering the field of play.  No I didn''t do any of the other things you say, but I was simply shown the exit from the ground while the celebrations of us qualifying for the play-offs continued.  10 mins or so later I was sat in the pub having a pint with my mates laughing about it. [/quote]

The difference is surely one of intent.  Your intent on that occasion was harmless.  The intent of the people involved yesterday could be construed as potentially harmful / threatening, although my feelings are that their actions were borne of frustration, and they should be let off.

[quote]My thoughts are that if they had done something similar in the street then any charges would be nearly impossible to pin on this pair?[/quote]

Would Sky and the BBC be filming them in the street ?  Would a league 1 football match be happening in the street ?
[/quote]

There you go blah, so you would not press charges?

See a little push and you realise just how ridiculous and over the top it would be to do so... [;)]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Christ I despise people like you - Lily-livered baseless f*ck-headed liberals who are the ruination of this country.

What those two guys did indeed - what did they do, perform an act of terrorism? Enter the country illegally and commit rape or murder an innocent? The kinds of instances that you liberals all too often turn a blind eye to and even justify!

Get back down your hole.
[/quote]

Oh, Shyster you are too kind. Where I live the Light Dragoons have fighting in Afghanistan for the likes our freedom and every day I have to pass the gates where there are flowers tied to the railings for those who have lost their lives, and for what, the likes of those two plonkers who deemed their cause so important they had to ( well enough said on that ). I suggest you open your eyes to the reality of life !!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Violence does not have to be physical, even the basic common assault is not actually an assault per se. They acted in a threatening manner and had to be restrained by stewards, you don''t know what they would have done if the stewards and others had not stopped them, I don''t and I''m sure Gunn and Co were in fear for their safety.[/quote]

No I don''t know what they would of done.  Thrown their season tickets at Mr Gunn no doubt.  Oh wait a min, didn''t they do that anyway???

They had to be restrained by stewards?  Isn''t that part and parcel of a Stewards job?  It is like saying that somebody is commiting a criminal offence when being asked to leave a nightclub and escorted away by a bouncer.  Were they violent towards the said stewards?  If they had of wanted to show violence towards anybody then you would of seen a lot more of a scuffle than what actually occured I can assure you.

I acted in a threatening manner on our open day then when I expressed an opinion to Mr Gunn and was threatened of being thrown out by several stewards I suppose? 

My response to the stewards was" if you want to cause a scene then that is your choice, but I have not broken any laws and I will not be going quietly."

[/quote]

But you did break the law. I suggest you have a wee peak at some of the offences out there.

[quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Christ I despise people like you - Lily-livered baseless f*ck-headed liberals who are the ruination of this country.What those two guys did indeed - what did they do, perform an act of terrorism? Enter the country illegally and commit rape or murder an innocent? The kinds of instances that you liberals all too often turn a blind eye to and even justify!Get back down your hole.[/quote]

Oh, Shyster you are too kind. Where I live the Light Dragoons have fighting in Afghanistan for the likes our freedom and every day I have to pass the gates where there are flowers tied to the railings for those who have lost their lives, and for what, the likes of those two plonkers who deemed their cause so important they had to ( well enough said on that ). I suggest you open your eyes to the reality of life !!!

[/quote]

And I guess you''re one of those who would cease the fight against terrorism and bring our troops back home? I would also bring the troops back home - then as soon as they were back in blighty I''d request that the civilians vacate the area of that mountain range that the Taliban infest and blow the f*cker to smithereens.Cut out the middle man if you will -- save a lot of money and innocent lives.