Sign in to follow this  
G

The men who ran on the pitch.

Any pictures around the net about this incident?Yesterday was nightmare!Amazing how is possible at lowest level from 36 years and to make worst defeat at home ever lol

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]Sorry, I can''t condone what they did. When you purchase you season ticket you agree to abide by the rules of the club and those guys knew the rules. If you accept their behaviour then you are sanctioning the breaking of any of the club rules that are in place at the time. [/quote]

the only people on that pitch yesterday who get any of my respect are them two fans.......just wish i had the balls to do it myself!

[quote user="dhickl"]

Here''s a couple of pictures:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1205296/Norwich-1-Colchester-7-Furious-fans-Gunn-amid-Norwich-seven-goal-humiliation.html?ITO=1490

"two incensed supporters got on to the pitch and raced towards Gunn, one of them ripping up his £350 season ticket and throwing it towards the manager."

how do you rip up a plastic card?

[/quote]Pair of scissors needed I would have thought.

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]Sorry, I can''t condone what they did. When you purchase you season ticket you agree to abide by the rules of the club and those guys knew the rules. If you accept their behaviour then you are sanctioning the breaking of any of the club rules that are in place at the time. [/quote]

So answer the question... All of the people who broke the rules of Crewe Alexandra FC on the final day of our promotion season, should they be banned also, or simply banned from Gresty Road???  [:^)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

So answer the question... All of the people who broke the rules of Crewe Alexandra FC on the final day of our promotion season, should they be banned also, or simply banned from Gresty Road???  [:^)]

[/quote]Impractical to do it. Not impractical to ban just 2.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

That is not a fair question and you know you can''t compare the two. If trouble had flared at Gresty Road  and supporters were in danger then any troublemakers would hopefully have been picked up on camera and dealt with accordingly ( but presumably this was not the case ). What happened yesterday was not some over exhuberant celebration but two supporters making an illegal demonstration using threatening behaviour ( I certainly wouldn''t have liked being confronted by them.

[quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

That is not a fair question and you know you can''t compare the two. If trouble had flared at Gresty Road  and supporters were in danger then any troublemakers would hopefully have been picked up on camera and dealt with accordingly ( but presumably this was not the case ). What happened yesterday was not some over exhuberant celebration but two supporters making an illegal demonstration using threatening behaviour ( I certainly wouldn''t have liked being confronted by them.

[/quote]

passions run high... but when will the board learn! they blindly stumble along,getting patted on the back by friends...its a joke!http://www.facebook.com/groups/create.php?success=1&customize&gid=114673158539#/group.php?gid=114673158539

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Delia Out"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]They were only doing what plenty of others would like to have done but didn''t have the bottle, good on em I say. It''s about time some of our fans did something to let the country know how fed up we are.[/quote]

Spot-on.

I have total respect for them.

This could be the start of the revolution.

[/quote]

Surely all these blokes have done is paid 350 quid or more for half an hour of non-football and a quick angry jog.  I doubt the club will allow them back in after this for "security reasons", rightly or wrongly.  In a couple of weeks, we will have had some unspectacular draws or ( touch wood ) 1-0 wins and this will have been forgotten.  But they still won''t be allowed back into Carrow Road.
[/quote]

I believe the guy at M`boro wasn`t charged or banned and actually got his season ticket returned.  The prevailing feeling at the time was "It was out of order, but you can`t really blame him"- i seem to remember even MOTD didn`t take it too seriously.  This being sanctimonious, ultra-conservative little norwich though, they`ll probably get the book thrown at them.

I would go further though.  Another performance like that and supporters should turn up at the training ground and make the players feel a little less comfortable about taking their weekly wage IMO.  Won`t happen though- this is norwich, it wouldn`t be "nice" and being nice is by far the most important thing......

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dont be so bloody wet.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

the fans at Gresty Road were invited onto the pitch by the officials at Crewe and it was announced over the tannoy.. Fatty and his mate yesterday weren''t

jas :)

Exactly Jas, what would peoples responses been if they managed to attack Gunn? Although technically, they did assault Gunn....

They broke the law and acted in a threatening manner, if the old bill wanted to, they could be charged for a hell of lot more.

Okay, it probably shouldn''t have happened but can you really blame them Jas? All of us have feelings and there is a point where we all snap and say enough is enough. What surprised me is how well behaved city fans were yesterday considering the circumstances.

To be honest with you if I were 20 years younger and sat in the City Stand I would have done the same.

As you say the Crewe occasion we were invited, but yesterday was a spur of the moment decision by two fans who simply couldn''t take anymore. They may or may not be banned. Who can tell what the final outcome is. But I can guarantee they will have made their point to the management and the board. On that alone, they should be applauded.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

the fans at Gresty Road were invited onto the pitch by the officials at Crewe and it was announced over the tannoy.. Fatty and his mate yesterday weren''t

jas :)

[/quote]

Get over it jas for christ sake no one was hurt and they were expressing their love of the club albeit in an over the top way. Was delia a thug when she entered the pitch pissed? I find it more insulting when you refer to one as "fatty"

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dont be so bloody wet.

[/quote]

LMAO classic

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]Equally as insulting, replying to my post as " Don''t be so wet " what a major contribution to a discussion ![/quote]

Come on, passions were high, even I as a mere woman got so angry I could have knocked out the next person to tell me to calm down.  Today I can laugh at it as humiliating as it was, we are a joke now and jokes you have to laugh at.

I''m passionate about our club, and yesterday the players may as well not bothered turning up, pathetic, inept and devoid of needing to win.

If they put on that sort of display at the next home game I might be the next one on the pitch lol.

Well all I''m going to say is, is that their actions resulted in more publicity than any of the protests, mishaps, managerial incompetencies, phone-in rants, message board protests, NCISA meetings, AGM booings, lacklustre performances or relegations. Call it irresponsible, call it stupid, call it dangerous. But it has gained more media attention (and deservedly so, finally) despite it being a very simple all be it powerful message.

[quote user="Fellas"]Well all I''m going to say is, is that their actions resulted in more publicity than any of the protests, mishaps, managerial incompetencies, phone-in rants, message board protests, NCISA meetings, AGM booings, lacklustre performances or relegations. Call it irresponsible, call it stupid, call it dangerous. But it has gained more media attention (and deservedly so, finally) despite it being a very simple all be it powerful message.
[/quote]

Agree 1000000%

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="porkyp"]Fellas wrote the following post at 08/08/2009 9:00 PM: Well they''ll be banned for a while so I guess they were rewarded after all Not only banned......they have both been arrested.......and for GUNN to po po their actions when asked on Radio Norfolk was disgraceful......''the stewards did a good job........'' He failed to accept just why they did what they did.......poor of you Gunny it was your debacle too.......and I WAS one of your supporters on appointment. You have let us all down, after all, YOU are the man in charge, and I''M disgusted that you fail to recognise that these two persons actions were just what 18.5 thousand other supporters wanted to do.....NCFC a bloody disgrace.[/quote]

Honestly, where is your evidence for this???  [:$]

[/quote]

Local press were saying after the game they were both arrested. It is now on local press sites (Including EDP) that they will appear in court tomorrow and are likely to receive lifetime bans from Carrow road. Unfortunately for these two lads it''s likely to be an expensive gesture.Going onto the pitch during play has a pretty standard outcome in courts

loss of season ticket £300

Likely fine £500 + costs

3 year banning order from all grounds

Have to appear at local police station / hand in passport when England play away

And worst of all a very good chance they will lose their jobs.

[quote user="jbghost"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="porkyp"]Fellas wrote the following post at 08/08/2009 9:00 PM: Well they''ll be banned for a while so I guess they were rewarded after all Not only banned......they have both been arrested.......and for GUNN to po po their actions when asked on Radio Norfolk was disgraceful......''the stewards did a good job........'' He failed to accept just why they did what they did.......poor of you Gunny it was your debacle too.......and I WAS one of your supporters on appointment. You have let us all down, after all, YOU are the man in charge, and I''M disgusted that you fail to recognise that these two persons actions were just what 18.5 thousand other supporters wanted to do.....NCFC a bloody disgrace.[/quote]

Honestly, where is your evidence for this???  [:$]

[/quote]

Local press were saying after the game they were both arrested. It is now on local press sites (Including EDP) that they will appear in court tomorrow and are likely to receive lifetime bans from Carrow road. Unfortunately for these two lads it''s likely to be an expensive gesture.Going onto the pitch during play has a pretty standard outcome in courts

loss of season ticket £300

Likely fine £500 + costs

3 year banning order from all grounds

Have to appear at local police station / hand in passport when England play away

And worst of all a very good chance they will lose their jobs.

[/quote]

That will explain why so many people applauded them but wouldn''t actually do it themselves. Those two probably feel complete plonkers now.

It depends on the company they work for and what they do. For a lot of companies where employe image is important their faces on the front of the local paper and a criminal conviction will be more than enough to see them out of a job. Unfortunately for them this will make the national papers due to the "Delia " effect.

If you employed them as frontline people dealing with the public would you honestly want them associated with your company when it will cost you business.

No court appearance, both cautioned. So they''ll have lost their season tickets, but there is no way in the world that anyone would lose their job for that!

That article on the EDP site really is lazy journalism 

“Two men were arrested at the match and charged with pitch encroachment. They will appear at Norwich Magistrates Court this morning.”

What on a Sunday??? That is just completely made up!

We''re not allowed on the blinkin pitch. Simple! Imagine if we all thought it was ok to express our frustration like that... it would be impossible for football to take place with the constant threat of pitch invasions and attcks. (I''ll beat you all to it by acknowledging that there wasn''t much football played anyway yesterday.) It''s not allowed for good reason. They were daft to do it. I don''t condone it. To tolerate it is to encourage worse. Stay off the pitch.

[quote user="Fellas"]Well all I''m going to say is, is that their actions resulted in more publicity than any of the protests, mishaps, managerial incompetencies, phone-in rants, message board protests, NCISA meetings, AGM booings, lacklustre performances or relegations. Call it irresponsible, call it stupid, call it dangerous. But it has gained more media attention (and deservedly so, finally) despite it being a very simple all be it powerful message.
[/quote]

Spot on.  It also shows the country that the ever patronised "Delias nice little norwich from the country" will not always take abject failure lying down.  A big, big positive to come out of an horrendous day.

As i`ve already mentioned on this thread, the bloke who did the same thing at M`Boro received alot of sympathy and the media was full of the usual platitudes about how "They`re passionate about their football in that part of the world" or "Passions spilled over after another abject performance".  But of course when it happens at lovely civilised little norwich it`s different isn`t it?

[quote user="crab"]

That article on the EDP site really is lazy journalism 

“Two men were arrested at the match and charged with pitch encroachment. They will appear at Norwich Magistrates Court this morning.”

What on a Sunday??? That is just completely made up!

[/quote]That''s probably written for how it will appear in Monday''s EDP.  They write the stories for the newspaper and also post some of them on the website, rather than write them for the website and also put some in the paper.  But yes, as usual Archant are guilty of lazy journalism.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you hear them threaten anybody?

No?  Neither did I.