Sign in to follow this  
G

The men who ran on the pitch.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

As i`ve already mentioned on this thread, the bloke who did the same thing at M`Boro received alot of sympathy and the media was full of the usual platitudes about how "They`re passionate about their football in that part of the world" or "Passions spilled over after another abject performance".  But of course when it happens at lovely civilised little norwich it`s different isn`t it?

[/quote]

Good point, Mr Carrow. And without passionate people like that, displaying their passion in such a brilliantly passionate way, Middlesborough would have been relegated.

What''s that?

Oh.
[/quote]

Talk about missing the point . . . the fact that they were relegated presumably shows that the fans'' concerns were well founded. 

[quote user="Marty"]

Well as far as I can see one was fat and the other couldn''t pull his trousers up adequately!

No, I don''t think people should behave like that, hope they don''t let ''em back. You act like an ape you should suffer the consequences.

Before people get on their high horses about my so called lack of passion, what if we all behaved like that every time we were faced with something that caused us such frustration and disapointment? After a decent pre season in which most people were relatively optimistic about our new look team we suffer a poor 20 or so minutes and these guys chuck their dummys out of the pram. This is football, sh*t happens and then you bounce back. I''d give it a few more games before slitting my wrists, every team suffers the odd freak result, well thats our one done and dusted with, lighting surely can''t strike twice (can it?).

And most people I know think these blokes looked stupid too, as did the people chatting on radio 5, i''m not unique, just my opinion, doesn''t make me less of a fan (although I am sure some will tell me otherwise).

[/quote]

I sat in the centre-circle to protest against Chase Marty, does that make me an ape?  We`ve crossed swords a few times but i`m sure we have enough respect to acknowledge each other as intelligent human beings, haven`t we?

As for your "Dummy`s out of the pram", "Sh*t happens", "Lightening surely can`t strike twice" stuff, we are now at our lowest level for 50 years having just had our worst ever home defeat against the mighty Colchester.....In case you hadn`t noticed our situation is dreadful and very serious for the future of the club.  Maybe these facts mean more to other people than they do to you?

Mr Carrow, I totally agree that we are a pretty low ebb but it is still one game. It was a shocking result, probably the worst I can recall, but there is plenty of time to put it right. How many people here were reasonably satisfied pre-season? quite a few I bet, well we cannot judge after 1 game.  Maybe it''s a well timed kick up the ar*e, best realise how tough this season is going to be now rather than in 3 or 4 months time.

Personally I think nothing will happen to both guys............

The club would rather the whole game/incident was forgotten about.

If they punished them you would basically be turning them into martyrs.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

It will be included in the Referee''s match report.

The Football League will then ask you what you have done about it.

What have you done about it?  The Press Office don''t know.

[quote user="Marty"]Mr Carrow, I totally agree that we are a pretty low ebb but it is still one game. It was a shocking result, probably the worst I can recall, but there is plenty of time to put it right. How many people here were reasonably satisfied pre-season? quite a few I bet, well we cannot judge after 1 game.  Maybe it''s a well timed kick up the ar*e, best realise how tough this season is going to be now rather than in 3 or 4 months time.[/quote]

How about you answer the first part of Mr.Carrow''s post Marty you spineless twonk???

Tell me do you drink in fluffy liberal pubs only or do you get smacked in the mouth every time that you go out and climb on that high horse of yours???

Fair play to the guys. I''d actually got myself excited about this season. Seeing ANOTHER 7-1 defeat (I was the mascot at the defeat to Blackburn in ''92) has all but killed any dregs of hope I had for this club. Don''t get me wrong, I still love Norwich, but its the last time I put my hope in them.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

It will be included in the Referee''s match report.

The Football League will then ask you what you have done about it.

What have you done about it?  The Press Office don''t know.

[/quote]

Ahh boo hoo... it is no wonder to see thecountry falling apart when they readily believe so much of the crap people like you write Cam... [:$]

For once I wholeheartedly agree with one of USA''s posts... [Y]

[quote user="Marty"]Mr Carrow, I totally agree that we are a pretty low ebb but it is still one game. It was a shocking result, probably the worst I can recall, but there is plenty of time to put it right. How many people here were reasonably satisfied pre-season? quite a few I bet, well we cannot judge after 1 game.  Maybe it''s a well timed kick up the ar*e, best realise how tough this season is going to be now rather than in 3 or 4 months time.[/quote]How can you say that there is plenty of time to put it right? Have the past few months not been long enough that you feel Gunn & Co need another couple of months? There is no time to put it right, it has to happen now. Immediately, tomorrow and Saturday.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Mook"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

As i`ve already mentioned on this thread, the bloke who did the same thing at M`Boro received alot of sympathy and the media was full of the usual platitudes about how "They`re passionate about their football in that part of the world" or "Passions spilled over after another abject performance".  But of course when it happens at lovely civilised little norwich it`s different isn`t it?

[/quote]Good point, Mr Carrow. And without passionate people like that, displaying their passion in such a brilliantly passionate way, Middlesborough would have been relegated.What''s that?Oh.[/quote]

Talk about missing the point . . . the fact that they were relegated presumably shows that the fans'' concerns were well founded. 

[/quote]Ha! Hardly. The fan threw his season ticket at Mr Steve McClaren. Now McClaren may be a total arse, but he had just taken them to the UEFA cup final if I recall correctly. So no, I''m not really missing the point CC.As for "must try harder" Mr Carrow, I think you''ve missed the point there. I''m not trying to peddle the myth that Mr Fat-Bloke-Season-Ticket-Thrower contributed to their immediate relegation, but nice try at avoiding the issue. I''m merely pointing out that if one beer-gutted wonder stumbles, season ticket in hand, on to the pitch with his builders-cleavage showing, it doesn''t really help does it? Well it certainly didn''t in Middlesborough''s case, as they appear to have gone from challenging a European place to being in the championship.If something has to be done, why can''t someone clever organise something big? I certainly don''t think the "Norwich 2" should be punished, and am glad for them not having been. But if you think it causes anything else other than national hilarity, then you''re wrong. And for that, I can''t idolise them.

Totally agree, our stewards are s**t and I hope the enquiry focuses on them and their lack of ability to do their job properly. Regarding the football, well I left ofter 23 minutes never felt so gutted at the start of a season as I did on Saturday afternoon. I was looking forward to the game so much as I believe and still do that we will have a good season but to have your guts ripped out after 20 minutes was too much to take, dont mind losing if we put up a decent performance but that lot.........well enough said and here''s hoping

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Mook"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Good point, Mr Carrow. And without passionate people like that, displaying their passion in such a brilliantly passionate way, Middlesborough would have been relegated.

What''s that?

Oh.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha! Hardly. The fan threw his season ticket at Mr Steve McClaren. Now McClaren may be a total arse, but he had just taken them to the UEFA cup final if I recall correctly. So no, I''m not really missing the point CC.

As for "must try harder" Mr Carrow, I think you''ve missed the point there. I''m not trying to peddle the myth that Mr Fat-Bloke-Season-Ticket-Thrower contributed to their immediate relegation, but nice try at avoiding the issue. I''m merely pointing out that if one beer-gutted wonder stumbles, season ticket in hand, on to the pitch with his builders-cleavage showing, it doesn''t really help does it? Well it certainly didn''t in Middlesborough''s case, as they appear to have gone from challenging a European place to being in the championship.

If something has to be done, why can''t someone clever organise something big? I certainly don''t think the "Norwich 2" should be punished, and am glad for them not having been. But if you think it causes anything else other than national hilarity, then you''re wrong. And for that, I can''t idolise them.
[/quote]

Mook, M`boro were on an appalling run and picked up significantly after that game which involved much rancour from the crowd in general- not just one bloke chucking his season-ticket, so in that particular season this "short,sharp shock" worked.  I`m not an advocate of this approach in general but in extreme circumstances direct action can get a club out of its comfort zone and focus peoples minds.

It''s a shame they didn''t get as far as Theoclitoris and thrown their season tickets at him.

You never know...a miracle may have happened ...he might have caught one!

However, as they only got as far as the half-way line i thought perhaps they were aping Otsemebor - although they didn''t do the back-flick and throw them backwards!

[quote user="Mook"] I certainly don''t think the "Norwich 2" should be punished, and am glad for them not having been. But if you think it causes anything else other than national hilarity, then you''re wrong. And for that, I can''t idolise them.[/quote]Always amuses me how so many of you self-proclaimed "moderates" end up blaming the fans for the club''s failings.Understand this: those fans did not cause "national hilarity". The pitifully amateur and underqualified leadership at all levels of NCFC have caused "national hilarity", year upon year, culminating in the darkest day in this club''s long history. Those two individuals merely, finally, desperately gave those failings national exposure.My sincere gratitude goes out to both.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Mook, M`boro were on an appalling run and picked up significantly after that game which involved much rancour from the crowd in general- not just one bloke chucking his season-ticket, so in that particular season this "short,sharp shock" worked.  I`m not an advocate of this approach in general but in extreme circumstances direct action can get a club out of its comfort zone and focus peoples minds.

[/quote]Fair play, Mr C. I agree that extreme action needs to be taken, but I cringe a little at the "livid bloke on the pitch" scenario. I also agree that the club is floating along in a comfort zone.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Mook"] I certainly don''t think the "Norwich 2" should be punished, and am glad for them not having been. But if you think it causes anything else other than national hilarity, then you''re wrong. And for that, I can''t idolise them.[/quote]Always amuses me how so many of you self-proclaimed "moderates" end up blaming the fans for the club''s failings.Understand this: those fans did not cause "national hilarity". The pitifully amateur and underqualified leadership at all levels of NCFC have caused "national hilarity", year upon year, culminating in the darkest day in this club''s long history. Those two individuals merely, finally, desperately gave those failings national exposure.My sincere gratitude goes out to both.[/quote]What the b0ll0cks are you on about man? I''m not blaming them for the club''s failings. F*ck off. I''ve got numerous friends who are not norwich fans, who do not live in the county, that were calling me up - sympathising about the result, but laughing at the people on the pitch scenario. It made an embarrassing result laughable.

[quote user="Mook"]What the b0ll0cks are you on about man? I''m not blaming them for the club''s failings. F*ck off.

[/quote]I guess it''s easier to swear like a mental degenerate than it is to employ basic comprehension. Fine.[quote user="Mook"]I''ve got numerous friends who are not norwich fans, who do not live in the county, that were calling me up - sympathising about the result, but laughing at the people on the pitch scenario. It made an embarrassing result laughable.[/quote]Your personal anecdotes are as valid as mine - those I spoke to were suprised that Norwich fans had finally expressed their anger in such a demonstrative fashion. Especially considering these same people were staggered at our fans roundly applauding abject failures against our supposed "derby rival" last year, and worse still, Charlton on the final day.Fact remains that since probably the "lets be having you" incident and between numerous cringeworthy TV appearances and disparaging media references, Norwich City has been tarnished with the brush of lily livered, accepting, good natured failure, and risible self-ridicule. The "Norwich 2" took a direct stand against that. End of story.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Mook"]
What the b0ll0cks are you on about man? I''m not blaming them for the club''s failings. F*ck off.
[/quote]

I guess it''s easier to swear like a mental degenerate than it is to employ basic comprehension. Fine.

[quote user="Mook"]
I''ve got numerous friends who are not norwich fans, who do not live in the county, that were calling me up - sympathising about the result, but laughing at the people on the pitch scenario. It made an embarrassing result laughable.
[/quote]

Your personal anecdotes are as valid as mine - those I spoke to were suprised that Norwich fans had finally expressed their anger in such a demonstrative fashion. Especially considering these same people were staggered at our fans roundly applauding abject failures against our supposed "derby rival" last year, and worse still, Charlton on the final day.

Fact remains that since probably the "lets be having you" incident and between numerous cringeworthy TV appearances and disparaging media references, Norwich City has been tarnished with the brush of lily livered, accepting, good natured failure, and risible self-ridicule. The "Norwich 2" took a direct stand against that. End of story.
[/quote]

Funny, cos most of the people I spoke too think these geezers looked like a pair of plums too!

There are people on the pitch - they think its all over - it is now,  for NCFC?

Everyone has their opinions on the two men who ran on the pitch, im surprised it has took this long to happen. I think what they did was a good thing because i am sick to death of being called (little ol backwater sleepy nevermind we are a nice family club Norwich).

I applaud them because the situation we are in we cant just sit there and let our club we all love just fall from grace.

And people who say it isnt Delia''s fault then why have all the managers she has put in charge failed. Worthy aside look at the win ratio for each manager since then, it is truly shocking and that is why we are where we are now.

It is sad and i can understand why people run on pitches and throw season tickets at managers etc......  Its called PASSION. In anything in life, if there is something you love you will do anything in your power to make sure it doesnt get hurt.

Well done you 2 men. You are cult heroes in my book.  

We want our Norwich back, we want our Norwich back............................

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"]I guess it''s easier to swear like a mental degenerate than it is to employ basic comprehension. Fine.[/quote]No it''s most certainly not fine. Don''t go smarming on about me blaming the fans for the clubs demise, which I most certainly didn''t and wouldn''t do. You''re wrong, end of story.[quote user="Fernando Derveld"]Your personal anecdotes are as valid as mine - those I spoke to were suprised that Norwich fans had finally expressed their anger in such a demonstrative fashion. Especially considering these same people were staggered at our fans roundly applauding abject failures against our supposed "derby rival" last year, and worse still, Charlton on the final day.Fact remains that since probably the "lets be having you" incident and between numerous cringeworthy TV appearances and disparaging media references, Norwich City has been tarnished with the brush of lily livered, accepting, good natured failure, and risible self-ridicule. The "Norwich 2" took a direct stand against that. End of story.[/quote]I entirely agree. This club is too much of a pushover, and it started with our day in the sun for "little norwich" in the premier league. However, in my opinion, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about showing your displeasure - remember Gallas in the centre circle against Birmingham? you can''t blame him, but it was wrong - and watching a fat, rabid Norwich fan fall over on National tv doesn''t particularly fill me with pride either.

The two blokes on the pitch are Delia Sheep!!!!  Just following a trend that she started (i.e. drunken idiot on the pitch)!!!

[:D]

Does anyone think that the club should let these two in next season and end their ban. Like a lot of people on this board I think they did us a favour by getting us plastered all over the tv and in the papers and so helped to bring things to a head.

What do people think?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Does anyone think that the club should let these two in next season and end their ban. Like a lot of people on this board I think they did us a favour by getting us plastered all over the tv and in the papers and so helped to bring things to a head.

What do people think?

[/quote]No.Results and Mr Gunn''s unprofessionalism and ineptitude as a manager forced the change. If we say to people really its okay to invade the pitch when you feel like we''ll have muppets on it every week.

[quote user="cityangel"]

What do people think?

[/quote]

Yeah, perhaps we should give Adolf Hitler a posthumous knighthood for bringing Europe together....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

What do people think?

[/quote]No.Results and Mr Gunn''s unprofessionalism and ineptitude as a manager forced the change. If we say to people really its okay to invade the pitch when you feel like we''ll have muppets on it every week.[/quote]What he said.

[quote user="cityangel"]

What do people think?

[/quote]No way.

Absolutely not. They weren''t banned for protesting against Gunn or McNally or Bowkett or Smith & Jones or anyone else for that matter. They weren''t banned for throwing their season tickets. They were banned for breaking ground rules and regulations which are in place for everyones safety.