Sign in to follow this  
RobertMack

League 1 'One's to Watch'

As the season draws closer I was trying to think of people in other teams to look forwards to watching; and unfortunately came up with quite a blank. Can anybody suggest particular players they are looking forward to watching, and bear in mind this can be for any reason at all (i.e. England youth player, former City player, wicked player on Football manager, etc...).

First game up being Col U so any suggestions...

I havent got any for Colchester but Fabian Delph is one, see if he lives up to the hype he''s received.

im looking forward to the 1st game of the season and a NORWICH TEAM running out on the pitch...not everyone elses fringe players[Y] OTBC

Norwich 3 : 1 Colchester  and im having a £5 on that when i get to the ground matchday[Y]

- Jermaine Becford  (Leeds)

- Fabian Delph  (Leeds)

- Rickie Lambert  (Bristol Rovers)

- Steve Morison  (Milwall)

- Simeon Jackson  (Gillingham)

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Norwich 3 : 1 Colchester  and im having a £5 on that when i get to the ground matchday[Y]

[/quote]You''ll get better odds not in the ground.  Probably much better.  In ground bookies have to be about the worst place to bet on your team.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]You''ll get better odds not in the ground.  Probably much better.  In ground bookies have to be about the worst place to bet on your team.[/quote]

A mate of mine is a Man City fan went to watch them against Stoke last season and bet on them winning by what they did with Robinho to get a hattrick... the in ground bookie didn''t actually have enough cash to pay him.

[/quote]

You''ll get better odds not in the ground.  Probably much better.  In ground bookies have to be about the worst place to bet on your team.
[/quote]

Try Betfair.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

im looking forward to the 1st game of the season and a NORWICH TEAM running out on the pitch...not everyone elses fringe players[Y] OTBC

[/quote]

Thanks

[quote user="Lambo"]I havent got any for Colchester but Fabian Delph is one, see if he lives up to the hype he''s received.[/quote]

Sounds like Leeds are still living in a dream if they see anyone paying £8M for a teenager in League 1, or maybe not...

[/quote]

You''ll get better odds not in the ground.  Probably much better.  In ground bookies have to be about the worst place to bet on your team.
[/quote]thnx for that [Y] will lay it on before i go

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]You''ll get better odds not in the ground.  Probably much better.  In ground bookies have to be about the worst place to bet on your team.[/quote]

A mate of mine is a Man City fan went to watch them against Stoke last season and bet on them winning by what they did with Robinho to get a hattrick... the in ground bookie didn''t actually have enough cash to pay him.[/quote]twas a good match that one, well when I say good, it was entertaining and cost £5.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Try Betfair.

[/quote][Y] thnx

zak whitbread- millwallfabian delph and johnny howson- leedsjonjo shelvey?- charltoncleveland taylor- carlisleneil eardley?- oldhamlee peltier- huddersfieldlee hunt- southendand theres a few more

im in the midst of writing a L1 team overview with ones to watch included... It''ll bore the pants of most of you no doubt! be up sometime this week.

yes. I think though with the loans in place (omusuzi rb, kennedy cb) roeder deemed he didn''t need the extra cover on top of that. Sadly we all now know (if we didn''t guess already) that a team full of loan players doesn''t work. Peltier is a fair player and one who would be worth a place in the squad but i am not sure if he is better than what we already have at L1 level. time will tell.

James Brown - Hartlepool

Mkanawire and Demetriou - Orient

Barnard - Southend

Whitbread and Abdou - Millwall

Delph - Leeds (i guess, he was poor in the 5 games i seen him last season, obviously talented, but seriously overrated)

Theo Robinson, Peltier, Roberts - Huddersfield

Leven - Mk dons

Chris Taylor - Oldham

CLAYTON INCE - Walsall

Doherty - Wycombe

Barnett - Tranmere