Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Rebate money buys HOLT... but..

what happened to the money we gained from the sale of CLINGAN?  I know its an often talked about topic, but where has the money gone if we are pleading poverty for the purchase of LEE.  Yes i appreciate the club don''t disclose everything so other clubs don''t know out wealth (or lack of it), but who have we actually purchased (for cash) this pre-season and how does this sum up against the money earned from ''the rebate'' and sale of CLINGAN?

Any of you mathmatical geniusses have a second guess at what princely sum we should have in the bank account?

It''s simple isn''t it?

We were relegated, income is far less and we have to reduce the playing budget, wages and signing fees are part of this budget. Much of the money brought in from player sales will pay for the wages of new players and their signing on fees with the rest covering the short fall of relegation.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Are you angry ''city-till-i-die''? well perhaps the certain members you talk about can elaborate for me?[/quote]no im not angry [:D] lifes to short..i just dont like being patronised [;)]   look for the post GRANT HOLTS GOALS  i think its in there

[quote user=Canary on the Trent]It s simple isn t it  We were relegated, income is far less and we have to reduce the playing budget, wages and signing fees are part of this budget. Much of the money brought in from player sales will pay for the wages of new players and their signing on fees with the rest covering the short fall of relegation.[/quote]BANG there it is!!!!!!!!  lmao [;P]

In every season since the Prem the club have used player sales to fund a large part of the playing budget, because they have mismanaged the club to such an extent that we can afford to spend hardly any of the clubs ordinary income (ticket sales, sponsorship etc.) on the team.  Think about it.  We only ever spend less than half of what we receive in transfer fees on transfer fees for new players- the rest pays a good percentage of player wages.

I wouldn`t mind betting that we cannot afford a professional football team at all this season in terms of balancing income/expenditure, so i think it`s to be expected that transfer fees and the rebate money are providing the vast majority of the overall playing budget.