Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Does anyone else fınd the statement 'rebate money buys Holt' a bit weırd?

[quote user="singing canary"]its short as it is long really . they could say anything and we would just have thier word for it . so what about the money from marshall ..? we were told foulgers money plus rebates were nearly 700k holt cost(could be wrong) nearer 500k . so if thats the case we still have 200k for another player then !!![/quote]

Fans have to realize that its very stupid to let everyone know exactly how much a club has in its transfer kitty.

You would prefer everyone (clubs and players agents) to think we don''t have much money left.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]You missed the ''i'' in this bumpy![/quote]
Not dotting the i''s is harder than it looks [:''(]
[/quote]From Waki...........

"While common dotted i''s are prolific in most countries, the lesser dotted i''s have been hunted down to such an extent that they are now virtually extinct. Occasionally one will pop up on a message board but are soon transferred to a separate file by the mods and deleted from the board as they realise collectors will pay huge sums for these items on e-bay. 

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]You missed the ''i'' in this bumpy![/quote]
Not dotting the i''s is harder than it looks [:''(]
[/quote]From Waki...........

"While common dotted i''s are prolific in most countries, the lesser dotted i''s have been hunted down to such an extent that they are now virtually extinct. Occasionally one will pop up on a message board but are soon transferred to a separate file by the mods and deleted from the board as they realise collectors will pay huge sums for these items on e-bay. 

[/quote]

Someone dotted me in the eye, it hurt like hell.

The reactıons from Bıg Bob and Sıdeshow Tım are out of order. I have only stated I''m not sure what to thınk about the rebate statement and have been slated- totally unjust.

I dont use dots on my ı''s because Turkısh keyboards dont have them. Sorry for offendıng you Mr. Bump .....

The reactıons from BB and Sıdeshow Tım make me thınk that comıng back was a massıve mıstake. Another poster on thıs thread has saıd ''ı have made thıs poınt on another thread''- bet they werent slated....

[quote user="CT "]The reactıons from Bıg Bob and Sıdeshow Tım are out of order. I have only stated I''m not sure what to thınk about the rebate statement and have been slated- totally unjust.

I dont use dots on my ı''s because Turkısh keyboards dont have them. Sorry for offendıng you Mr. Bump .....

The reactıons from BB and Sıdeshow Tım make me thınk that comıng back was a massıve mıstake. Another poster on thıs thread has saıd ''ı have made thıs poınt on another thread''- bet they werent slated....[/quote]I''m sorry [:''(]

[quote user="CT "]The reactıons from Bıg Bob and Sıdeshow Tım are out of order. I have only stated I''m not sure what to thınk about the rebate statement and have been slated- totally unjust. I dont use dots on my ı''s because Turkısh keyboards dont have them. Sorry for offendıng you Mr. Bump ..... The reactıons from BB and Sıdeshow Tım make me thınk that comıng back was a massıve mıstake. Another poster on thıs thread has saıd ''ı have made thıs poınt on another thread''- bet they werent slated....[/quote]

You were annoying before you started typing without using the dot on any i''s. Now everything you write is even more annoying!

Without the dots its harder to read than you think ...

Why on earth do you have a ''turkish'' keyboard anyway? Who would seriously feel the need to get a turkish keyboard ... apart from those living in Turkey.

[quote user="CT "]The reactıons from Bıg Bob and Sıdeshow Tım are out of order. I have only stated I''m not sure what to thınk about the rebate statement and have been slated- totally unjust. I dont use dots on my ı''s because Turkısh keyboards dont have them. Sorry for offendıng you Mr. Bump ..... The reactıons from BB and Sıdeshow Tım make me thınk that comıng back was a massıve mıstake. Another poster on thıs thread has saıd ''ı have made thıs poınt on another thread''- bet they werent slated....[/quote]

Well why is there one on the ''bit'' part of your subject then?

[quote user="CT "]

Dont get me wrong here I am delıghted that we''ve sıgned the bıg man.

It just seems a bıt odd that they make such a bold statement about rebate money buyıng what could be a major pıece of the jıgsaw. As someone who had theır tıcket rebate claımed am I meant to feel guılty that my rebate was claımed?

Maybe Im just beıng overly cynıcal (thıs ıs cıty we''re talkıng about [:P]) or maybe I am correct to be slıghtly wary of the ıntentıons of theır statement.

Am I rıght to thınk they are tryıng to make those of us who claımed guılty or should I just gıve them the benefıt of the doubt?

What do you guys thınk?

[/quote]

If you feel guilty then maybe your conscience is telling you something. When I feel guilty about something I realise that I have not covered myself in glory.There is no doubt that Foulger''s offer to match unclaimed rebate pound for pound was a phenomenally generous offer and I must admit that I got fed up with reading posters on here saying two things repeatedly :-

1. that Foulger shoudl just put in loads of money unconditionally

and

2. I''m claiming my rebate............ so there. As if this was some magnificent gesture but it was more a childish and spiteful "I''ll show you" hissy fit

Those of us who dared to question the posters who announced (so proudly and triumphantly) that they were going to claim back their rebates were roundly criticized for being so bold as to ask why. One of the most popular reasons proffered was "I need the money" but if that was the case why commit the money in the first place ? It seemed to me that if we had managed to preserve Championship status then all was Ok but with relegation came pleas of poverty and "making a stand". IMO the whole charade was a bit pathetic but then, dare I say it, most of the discussion on this MB is empty, meaningless and pointlessly speculative anyway and for the most part generated by a little club of posters with thousands of posts to their names, a typical mutual appreciation society.

[quote user="Bob Stroud"][quote user="CT "]

It just seems a bıt odd that they make such a bold statement about rebate money buyıng what could be a major pıece of the jıgsaw. As someone who had theır tıcket rebate claımed am I meant to feel guılty that my rebate was claımed?

Maybe Im just beıng overly cynıcal (thıs ıs cıty we''re talkıng about [:P]) or maybe I am correct to be slıghtly wary of the ıntentıons of theır statement.

Am I rıght to thınk they are tryıng to make those of us who claımed guılty or should I just gıve them the benefıt of the doubt?

What do you guys thınk?

[/quote]

If you feel guilty then maybe your conscience is telling you something. When I feel guilty about something I realise that I have not covered myself in glory.There is no doubt that Foulger''s offer to match unclaimed rebate pound for pound was a phenomenally generous offer and I must admit that I got fed up with reading posters on here saying two things repeatedly :-

and

2. I''m claiming my rebate............ so there. As if this was some magnificent gesture but it was more a childish and spiteful "I''ll show you" hissy fit

Those of us who dared to question the posters who announced (so proudly and triumphantly) that they were going to claim back their rebates were roundly criticized for being so bold as to ask why. One of the most popular reasons proffered was "I need the money" but if that was the case why commit the money in the first place ? It seemed to me that if we had managed to preserve Championship status then all was Ok but with relegation came pleas of poverty and "making a stand". IMO the whole charade was a bit pathetic but then, dare I say it, most of the discussion on this MB is empty, meaningless and pointlessly speculative anyway and for the most part generated by a little club of posters with thousands of posts to their names, a typical mutual appreciation society.

[/quote]Be careful. 52 posts in approx 1 month. A couple of years and you will be well past the thousand mark. They soon add up.

Bob... to answer your question as to why renew your season ticket in the first place then claim you need the money.

I renewed mine late January and got made redundant in June, thats why i could do with the money.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Bob Stroud"][quote user="CT "]

What do you guys thınk?

[/quote]

and

[/quote]Be careful. 52 posts in approx 1 month. A couple of years and you will be well past the thousand mark. They soon add up.[/quote]

Yes, you''re right of course, I had better slow down ! I see that you''re not a frequent poster yourself !

[quote user="Lambo"]Bob... to answer your question as to why renew your season ticket in the first place then claim you need the money. I renewed mine late January and got made redundant in June, thats why i could do with the money.[/quote]

There''s always exceptions and I am very sorry that you got made redundant. How much did you receive by taking the rebate ?

Wasn''t meant to have a go by the way, just to point out not everyone is doing it to spite the club.

It''s about £35 which i know isn''t a massive amount but right now i''ve got about £40 quid to my name after having to renew my car insurance and tax it so every bit helps me at the moment.

[quote user="Captain Dejan"]I''m guessing he''s in Turkey mate............[/quote]

So, we''ve concluded that he is infact on holiday - in Turkey - wasting his time posting on the pinkun messageboard [:|] Oh dear ...

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="pete_norw"]Do you think he meant to say, if more people had followed suit, we could have bought Lee as well ?, anyone on a guilt trip yet, ?[/quote]

Nope, division 3 prices, for division 3 football. [:)]

[/quote]

It''ll be the 4th division next mate if we can''t get another decent striker in!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="pete_norw"]Do you think he meant to say, if more people had followed suit, we could have bought Lee as well ?, anyone on a guilt trip yet, ?[/quote]

[/quote]

It''ll be the 4th division next mate if we can''t get another decent striker in!

[/quote]I knew you couldn''t be optimistic for too long Wiz... [:D]

For goodness sake CT - what an over reaction. Take a chill pill man.

If i''ve upset you then sorry

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hope and pray not mate, but if it comes to that I can see the club going out of business.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hope and pray not mate, but if it comes to that I can see the club going out of business.

[/quote]

I know that it''s impossible to say for sure but I really can''t see us getting relegated this season.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know that it''s impossible to say for sure but I really can''t see us getting relegated this season.

[/quote]

Hmmm well we shall all have to wait and see, but nothing is impossible as last season proved. [:)]