Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Cody Mac..

Looks like he is getting there.

Don''t forget this is going to be his first season as a professional and I think he will struggle to last 90 mins a week for a few months yet.

Agreed we need him fit as quickly as possible. But think Martin will start ahead of Cureton and obviously Maric would too if he signs.

im happy with Holt and Martin, thought Martin looked bright and dangerous every time he got the ball on saturday.Quick and held the ball up well, even won a few headers.

Fully agree. I think Martin could be important for us this season. Hopefully his attitude has improved too after spending a season scrapping for survival at the bottom of the football league.

[quote user="Admiral Nelson"]I was impressed with Martin on Saturday.. looks like he has bulked out a bit and wasn''t being pushed about. A season in league 2 has done him a lot of good.[/quote]

Agreed, his touch is very sharp and his movement off the ball intelligent, was unlcuky not to get on the score sheet on saturday, brought a couple of good saves out of the Utd keeper. Although he hasn''t scored many in the preseason i''m more positive about him than Curo becuase he''s been hitting the target and as i said above his general play has looked good, Curo just looks too old, too slow and his radar is totally off.

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]I think Cureton needs to have 2 or 3 games to see what he can do in League 1,[/quote]

I''m guessing it''d be very similar to what he''s done the last couple of years. Contribute virtually nothing to overall team play and prove himself to be an unreliable finisher with no physical presence or pace to worry defenders.

How many more chances do you give a player who never looks likely to do the business?

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]I think Cureton needs to have 2 or 3 games to see what he can do in League 1,[/quote]

I''m guessing it''d be very similar to what he''s done the last couple of years. Contribute virtually nothing to overall team play and prove himself to be an unreliable finisher with no physical presence or pace to worry defenders.

How many more chances do you give a player who never looks likely to do the business?

[/quote]

Martin missed two reasonable opportunities against United, and Curo looked sharp the first 45, I must stop watching games, as I apparently know bugger all![:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Martin missed two reasonable opportunities against United, and Curo looked sharp the first 45, I must stop watching games, as I apparently know bugger all![:S]

[/quote]Martin also had those opportunities. I thought Martin always looked more likely to score than Cureton...and even if he doesn''t Martin could hold up play and provide more to the team than Cureton does.

[/quote]

[/quote]didnt Curo miss a couple saturday?? [:O]

We''d have to be absolutely nuts to play Cureton. He is past it, fact.A great shame, but there you go. People seem to be forgetting that Martin looked a decent striker when he had a chance in the Championship. Given that he definitely appears to have improved in the meantime, why won''t he be a success in League 1?

The best we can hope for is Maric signs and we manage to somehow offload Cureton, that would get rid of the problem.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]didnt Curo miss a couple saturday?? [:O][/quote]

Only half chances at best imo CTID.............but I am biased.[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]didnt Curo miss a couple saturday?? [:O][/quote]

Only half chances at best imo CTID.............but I am biased.[;)]

[/quote]never!!!!!!  lol  

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not really sure what your reply has to do with what I said???

I didn''t comment on Martin, I ddn''t comment on the Utd game.

I was talking about the last 2 seasons of competitive football where Jamie Cureton has failed to deliver. It''s players like him, like Fotheringham etc etc who aren''t good enough but have been used more than they should have been which is one of the main reasons we dropped. Players you have to carry because they don''t contribute enough.