Sign in to follow this  
fish-ncfc

goran maric

+1Looking at his youtube he used to play infront of one man and his dog.I would choose Us as in league one we are a big fish in a small pond and the chance to get a lot of goals possibly.If he has confidence in his ability we can either get promotion 5k a week + for him or he could be sold after 20 odd goals with a reputation in the English game which would x his value by about 10.Norwich are a big club and we pay good money league one is better than the league he was playing in.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"][quote user="Stevo"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

I''ve just had a text from ''a source'', the very same one that told me about Grant Holt

I can confirm that Maric has indeed been offered another deal with an English side. He has been told that there is no guaratee of first team football with this other team, however City have, this may swing things back into our direction. This team only offered the deal to Maric once we offered him a deal. I don''t have any details on the side or the terms that they have offered however i would think that this almost definately is Crystal Palace.

Things will develop during the week and City are confident that Maric will sign for us later in the week.

Watch this space!

[/quote]

I can''t see Gunn or any other manager guaranteeing a player first team football. He may say that he ''sees him as a big part of his plans'' but either way, I doubt whether he would then communicate this to anyone else (no disrespect to your ''source''). If this became public knowledge what impact would it have on the strikers - knowing that another player was guaranteed a start?

[/quote]

But a manager will have his thoughts on who should in the first team and this is what is being referred to. I''m only passing on what i''ve been told!

[/quote]

Cool - it wasn''t a criticism of the information. I guess Gunn could have said to Maric that looking at his strike options, he would see him and Holt as the senior pairing with Martin and Cody as back-up / impact players. That would make sense.

Maybe he told him he would have to battle it out with Cureton to partner Holt....and Maric (having stopped laughing) took that to mean a guaranteed place in the first team?