Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Taylor

Who's going to Selhurst tonight?

Who else is going to Selhurst tonight? I am going with a mate who''s a Palace fan and will probably be in with the Palace fan as the seats and facilities will be a bit better as it''s only a friendly, also nearer for Selhurst station!

off to see Norfolk''s second best team play at Dereham -

Kings Lynn - Unibond champions 2009 / 10

[quote user="Danielt88"]Who else is going to Selhurst tonight? I am going with a mate who''s a Palace fan and will probably be in with the Palace fan as the seats and facilities will be a bit better as it''s only a friendly, also nearer for Selhurst station![/quote]
We''ve got the Croydon Advertiser stand behind one of the goals, much better than the normal old stand down the side (Arthur Wait).

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Not prepared to pay £20 for a ticket + travel expenses to see a friendly game in an empty stadium[/quote]I could get there in no time at all, but decided not to go. For once I''ve got a valid reason for not going to Selhurst during the season, so no chance of going just for a friendly!

I understand why people wouldn''t want to go but I am looking forward to it all the same to see the new squad, and to be fair there will be worse grounds for us this season.

[quote user="canaryspike7"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Not prepared to pay £20 for a ticket + travel expenses to see a friendly game in an empty stadium[/quote]

Here here

[/quote]

what''s going on there?

I''m going. Although I''ve been aware of the game since it was announced is only just dawned on me last night that having moved to Bromely, Palace is my nearest ground. Although I expect absolutely nothing in terms of football quality or atmoshpere, I wouldn''t have expected to pay anyless than the £15 they are charging. But then maybe I''m just more gulible than others!

I''m not going, the price seems a bit steep when travel and all is worked out, just too see a friendly, which will probably have no atmosphere anyway.

Just popped out to the station to get my train ticket - match tickets only £15. Will be there to see how the new squad is taking shape. Also got Brentford tickets this week.

Do have an advantage as live in SW London.

Was going to look into getting down there, but an opportunity at work for a few more hours has come up for tommorow and thus I''m choosing that over this. The rent doesn''t pay itself which is most annoying!

I seriously hope we win though, even if it is just a friendly. The last two friendlies against tougher opposition will be crucial before the first run of league games. Also, talking with a guy at work who often follows the team on the road he mentioned that he''d been to Selhurst several times to see us play Charlton, Wimbledon and Palace (the former two have ground shared) and City never seem to win which just adds to the annoyance of the ground being a bitch to get to (and consequently the actual ground is rubbish once you eventually get through the minefield to even get to it). It''d be lovely to put one over on them and go into the Wigan game full of confidence.