Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

My Maric Theory

Is that he has accepted our offer, but doesn''t want to reveal this to other potential suitors who may yet come in with a better offer.

Let''s face it, if he has a pretty good pedigree and probably thinks (and his agent will definitely think) he can do better than a club in the 3rd tier.

So he has said to Gunny, i will accept your offer if you allow me the right to accept a better offer up until x date. As part of this deal, i do not want you revealing that i have accepted the offer until said date.

All this is likely to have been done through some horrible agent, and if this is what has happened, i think it stinks. And it may well mean we could yet lose him to somewhere else.

Just a theory mind!

Would make sense.  Maybe he is hoping that Man City see a player about to sign for someone that is not them and jump in with a big offer!

i think it is more likely that Gunn needs Russell off the books first to free up wages. You might be right but i don''t think Norwich would really agree to this. Especially as a bog thing for Gunn has been commitment. Maric might have legal issues with his previous club also which could be set back if the club think he has already signed for someone else.Lots of things can be read into it, i guess we''ll find out when/if he signs... (if you believe CUSDP he will... i do so please be right CUSDP!))

Well IMO he either wants to play for us or he doesn''t, it''s not difficult to say yes or no.

If he hasn''t got his heart set on playing for us then IMHO he will be no great loss.  Give me a player with 100% commitment to our club anyday.

I don''t think Gunny would put up with that!

Players have to be willing to bust a gut for NCFC & be dedicated to the cause... That is the required qualities for a contract at Carrow Road!

Frankly he has a sh*t pedigree. Barcelona B is not the same as Barcelona reserves. Its a virtually separate club that play in Spains lower leagues.

He was a reserve at Celta Vigo. Guess it depends if you think that is above our station but he has played most of his career at a level that is probably worse than league 1.

That said I think he looks promising and hope he is signing as i have a good feeling about this one.

[quote user="a1canary"]Is that he has accepted our offer, but doesn''t want to reveal this to other potential suitors who may yet come in with a better offer. Let''s face it, if he has a pretty good pedigree and probably thinks (and his agent will definitely think) he can do better than a club in the 3rd tier. So he has said to Gunny, i will accept your offer if you allow me the right to accept a better offer up until x date. As part of this deal, i do not want you revealing that i have accepted the offer until said date. All this is likely to have been done through some horrible agent, and if this is what has happened, i think it stinks. And it may well mean we could yet lose him to somewhere else. Just a theory mind![/quote]

You really shouldn''t eat cheese before bedtime, mate![:D]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]He has had another offer - details on the other thread about Maric!!![/quote]

Whatever.  To be honest it won''t be the end of the world if he goes to another club. [:)]

[quote user="a1canary"]Is that he has accepted our offer, but doesn''t want to reveal this to other potential suitors who may yet come in with a better offer. Let''s face it, if he has a pretty good pedigree and probably thinks (and his agent will definitely think) he can do better than a club in the 3rd tier. So he has said to Gunny, i will accept your offer if you allow me the right to accept a better offer up until x date. As part of this deal, i do not want you revealing that i have accepted the offer until said date. All this is likely to have been done through some horrible agent, and if this is what has happened, i think it stinks. And it may well mean we could yet lose him to somewhere else. Just a theory mind![/quote]

Not sure about your theory a1, the actions of footballers and their agents at this time of year are abhorrent to many fans. But it''s a sure sign the footy season will soon be upon us now you''re posting again[Y]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Frankly he has a sh*t pedigree. Barcelona B is not the same as Barcelona reserves. Its a virtually separate club that play in Spains lower leagues.

He was a reserve at Celta Vigo. Guess it depends if you think that is above our station but he has played most of his career at a level that is probably worse than league 1.

That said I think he looks promising and hope he is signing as i have a good feeling about this one.

[/quote]Barcelona B is Barcelona''s reserve team isn''t it?  I was under the impression that reserve team football is just not the same in Spain as it is here, so first teamers on the fringe of the squad play seperate matches behind closed doors.  Players like Messi, Busquets and Zavi have all played for Barca B.

i would be surprised if he does not sign to be honest .

not a chance gunn is going to say yes untill its done and dusted.

fingers crossed on this one i cant recall anyone saying a bad word about him .

[quote user="singing canary"]i would be surprised if he does not sign to be honest .

fingers crossed on this one i cant recall anyone saying a bad word about him .[/quote]I hope you''re right. The only thing that concerns me is the fact that Bright is still playing on trial. Surely if he had signed, or was definitely going to sign, there would be no need to keep playing trialists for the same position.

[quote user="singing canary"]i would be surprised if he does not sign to be honest .

fingers crossed on this one i cant recall anyone saying a bad word about him .[/quote]I hope you''re right. The only thing that concerns me is the fact that Bright is still playing on trial. Surely if he had signed, or was definitely going to sign, there would be no need to keep playing trialists for the same position.

[quote user="Norfolk Chance"][quote user="singing canary"]i would be surprised if he does not sign to be honest . not a chance gunn is going to say yes untill its done and dusted. fingers crossed on this one i cant recall anyone saying a bad word about him .[/quote]

I hope you''re right. The only thing that concerns me is the fact that Bright is still playing on trial. Surely if he had signed, or was definitely going to sign, there would be no need to keep playing trialists for the same position.

[/quote]

Maybe thats a ploy to get Maric to hurry up a bit. No better incentive to make a decision than the company thats offering to employ you appearing to take on another potential employee in your exact role.

At least if Maric doesn''t sign there is a Plan B.  Anybody wanting to see a collection of Bright''s goals can see the video on the site below:

http://www.norwichcity-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=454961

Looks useful, but Youtube goal videos always do. How good was the opposition? On the other hand, he shouldn''t cost much and would provide another option!

[quote user="a1canary"]Is that he has accepted our offer, but doesn''t want to reveal this to other potential suitors who may yet come in with a better offer.

Let''s face it, if he has a pretty good pedigree and probably thinks (and his agent will definitely think) he can do better than a club in the 3rd tier.

So he has said to Gunny, i will accept your offer if you allow me the right to accept a better offer up until x date. As part of this deal, i do not want you revealing that i have accepted the offer until said date.

All this is likely to have been done through some horrible agent, and if this is what has happened, i think it stinks. And it may well mean we could yet lose him to somewhere else.

Just a theory mind![/quote]ha ha, pure conjecture A1love how youve already stated your opinion on something that may or may not be the case. My theory is that none of the above is correct, more likely that were waiting on a work permit or for the Russell move to go through. Much like we had to wait for the Clingan transfer to be finalised before we tied up the Holt deal.

of course it''s conjecture barclayman - hence the words "if this is what has happened"!

at the end of the day, we all know what agents are there for - to secure the best possible deal for their clients.

but i can accept that, as has already been suggested, my theory may have more to do with cheese than reality!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Not sure about your theory a1, the actions of footballers and their agents at this time of year are abhorrent to many fans. But it''s a sure sign the footy season will soon be upon us now you''re posting again[Y]

[/quote]

Ha ha! Indeed Nutty, summer is my footy down time! Summer is for cricket, for my county Kent, and this year, the greatest sporting contest there is (ok alongside the olympics and the world cup:) - The Ashes!

But it has been getting very interesting down at Carrow Road these last few weeks, so i''ve come ''home'' a bit early!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Well IMO he either wants to play for us or he doesn''t, it''s not difficult to say yes or no.

If he hasn''t got his heart set on playing for us then IMHO he will be no great loss.  Give me a player with 100% commitment to our club anyday.

[/quote]What a stupid thing to say. I''d give 100% commitment to the club but playing me would get us nowhere. I''m sure everybody on this forum would play for Norwich if given the chance and would give 100% commitment to the cause, but we''d be playing sunday league football before you know it. I''m afraid you know nothing about the way in which footballers operate, at the end of the day 99% join a club who pays the most, it has nothing to do with commitment [:|]

[quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]What a stupid thing to say. I''d give 100% commitment to the club but playing me would get us nowhere. I''m sure everybody on this forum would play for Norwich if given the chance and would give 100% commitment to the cause, but we''d be playing sunday league football before you know it. I''m afraid you know nothing about the way in which footballers operate, at the end of the day 99% join a club who pays the most, it has nothing to do with commitment [:|][/quote]The chances ofyou signing is zip.  WAY49 is obviously referring to players wanted by the club.  100 % committed or  just here for a good contract.

99% join for the biggest pay packet is ridiculous.  A fair few yes,  but ones with families would be far more interested in their well being than money I''m sure.  Hucks is an example of this, when he signed up here.

I disagree, however it''s a possibility. I think he''s actually declined. Gunn and co are thinking of ''upping'' the offer, and therefore will not disclose that he has turned it down when their is still a chance we may be able to persuade him to join.

[quote user="Shake n Vac"]99% join for the biggest pay packet is ridiculous.  A fair few yes,  but ones with families would be far more interested in their well being than money I''m sure.  Hucks is an example of this, when he signed up here. [/quote]You don''t really believe this do you? Football is a job, and it''s a job that you can only do for 15 years of your life, and that''s if you''re lucky with injuries.Do you really think Huckerby would have come here if Carl Moore didn''t pay half of his enormous salary, and we could only pay him our half? Of course not! Every footballer is worth a price, you either pay the price or you don''t get the player.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Barcelona B is Barcelona''s reserve team isn''t it?  I was under the impression that reserve team football is just not the same in Spain as it is here, so first teamers on the fringe of the squad play seperate matches behind closed doors.  Players like Messi, Busquets and Zavi have all played for Barca B.
[/quote]

Barcelona B has almost nothing to do with Barcelona, I have seen them and Real Madrid B play over hear in Lanzarote and the standard is quite poor,league 2 at best, this is a step up for Maric.