Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Bring on the 2010s

I know this is slightly off topic, but what great news that today England was confirmed as host for both the Rugby League World Cup in 2013, and the Rugby Union World Cup in 2015.  Add to that the Olympics in 2012, and hopefully the World Cup in 2018, and what a brilliant decade of sport that is right on our doorstep.  Brilliant news, and I for one can''t wait for the 2010s!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I know this is slightly off topic, but what great news that today England was confirmed as host for both the Rugby League World Cup in 2013, and the Rugby Union World Cup in 2015.  Add to that the Olympics in 2012, and hopefully the World Cup in 2018, and what a brilliant decade of sport that is right on our doorstep.  Brilliant news, and I for one can''t wait for the 2010s!
[/quote]

Agreed. Pity we won''t be getting a regional super stadium out of it though!

But will it be the twentytens or the twenty teens?

My bet is that the latter is correct but that the former will be the popular adoption.

OTBC

Hope England dont get the world cup in 2018. Enough johnny come latelys started going to games after euro 96, will be unbearable if england have the world cup.

"Hope England dont get the world cup in 2018. Enough johnny come latelys started going to games after euro 96, will be unbearable if england have the world cup"

God forbid a major sporting event in this country would attract new fans to the sport!

There is a cricket world cup here too, in 2019 I think.

they''ll only be suits and women so they can steer clear as far as i am concerned.

I was totally underwhelmed by the news that we were bidding for the 2012 Olympics, coming as it did just after an announcement that Olympic-sized swimmimg pools in London were being closed due to lack of funding. The Olympics are a total waste of money as far as I''m concerned, and I''ll also be paying for them in my Council Tax until April 2017![:@]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I know this is slightly off topic, but what great news that today England was confirmed as host for both the Rugby League World Cup in 2013, and the Rugby Union World Cup in 2015.  Add to that the Olympics in 2012, and hopefully the World Cup in 2018, and what a brilliant decade of sport that is right on our doorstep.  Brilliant news, and I for one can''t wait for the 2010s!
[/quote]

Well let''s just hope all of us on here live long enough to see it all then......

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

Well let''s just hope all of us on here live long enough to see it all then......

[/quote]

Hey, don''t include us all with your own opinions buddy...

[;)]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I know this is slightly off topic, but what great news that today England was confirmed as host for both the Rugby League World Cup in 2013, and the Rugby Union World Cup in 2015.  Add to that the Olympics in 2012, and hopefully the World Cup in 2018, and what a brilliant decade of sport that is right on our doorstep.  Brilliant news, and I for one can''t wait for the 2010s![/quote]

[/quote]No need to be quite so depressing!I forgot about the Cricket World Cup, I went to one of the Super Eight''s days at Trent Bridge for the Twenty20 World Cup and although England lost, badly, it was a great day out, in fact I''ve never had a bad day at the cricket.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I know this is slightly off topic, but what great news that today England was confirmed as host for both the Rugby League World Cup in 2013, and the Rugby Union World Cup in 2015.  Add to that the Olympics in 2012, and hopefully the World Cup in 2018, and what a brilliant decade of sport that is right on our doorstep.  Brilliant news, and I for one can''t wait for the 2010s![/quote]League One Relegation Candidates 2009/10

Do you still believe this

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="ncfcstar"]I know this is slightly off topic, but what great news that today England was confirmed as host for both the Rugby League World Cup in 2013, and the Rugby Union World Cup in 2015.  Add to that the Olympics in 2012, and hopefully the World Cup in 2018, and what a brilliant decade of sport that is right on our doorstep.  Brilliant news, and I for one can''t wait for the 2010s![/quote]League One Relegation Candidates 2009/10

Do you still believe this[/quote]I still think the jury is out on Gunn as a manager, I was not impressed with him last season, and less impressed that he got given the job full time by a board which didn''t really exist.  I think he has done well this summer by actually bringing in players that we can call our own, and he hasn''t just signed any Tom, Dick or Harry.  Whether or not he will be able to manage them is another thing though, I think we have the squad to compete now, but I am still not sure about the manager.To be fair, I will probably remove my sig, I''d just forgotten about it, but like I said, I''m still concerned about Gunn.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="foggo7"][quote user="ncfcstar"]I know this is slightly off topic, but what great news that today England was confirmed as host for both the Rugby League World Cup in 2013, and the Rugby Union World Cup in 2015.  Add to that the Olympics in 2012, and hopefully the World Cup in 2018, and what a brilliant decade of sport that is right on our doorstep.  Brilliant news, and I for one can''t wait for the 2010s!
[/quote]

League One Relegation Candidates 2009/10

Do you still believe this
[/quote]

I still think the jury is out on Gunn as a manager, I was not impressed with him last season, and less impressed that he got given the job full time by a board which didn''t really exist.  I think he has done well this summer by actually bringing in players that we can call our own, and he hasn''t just signed any Tom, Dick or Harry.  Whether or not he will be able to manage them is another thing though, I think we have the squad to compete now, but I am still not sure about the manager.

To be fair, I will probably remove my sig, I''d just forgotten about it, but like I said, I''m still concerned about Gunn.
[/quote]

Spot on mate, my feelings exactly. Signing players is one thing, but tactical decisions in the heat of battle are quite another, and that''s an area where Gunny failed miserably last year. Having said that, my sources tell me that Butters is increasingly influential, and he and Crooky have had a big say in the acquisitions, so maybe we''ll see a change there.Apart from anything else, I think we''ll see rather more of the Dunkirk spirit from the likes of Nelson and Holt.