Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- The Roy Keane Revolution

..apologies for the binner report but Ipswich have just signed some O''Connor geezer from Liverpool. On the face of it, not very interesting, they''ve signed three players so far this season and all three come from Roy''s hometown - Cork!!!!!!!! hahahahaha. We have genuinely gotten a better influx this season without Marcus ''AK47'' Evans backing. Word has it that players won''t sign as word has got round from his sunderland days that he treated them like idiots - even the rubbish sunderland players have turned them down. For me living here - this is all great news.OTBC

...who knows, they may well sign a couple of superstars next week but it does make me think that I''m happy to be shot of the champonship for a while. If we had survived last year just imagine what this preseason would''ve been like - dread laden. A season or two of rebuilding and back in the championship as a good footballing ''TEAM'' - find some gems and who knows where we''ll end up. If we had still been in the championship this season then where we are now would only have been delayed for a year and who knows - we might have gone bust. I''m more engaged with the team and club now than I have been the last two seasons - and I don''t even like Gunny particularly. Interesting times and I''m really looking forward to this season.

I''m surprised they haven''t brought better players, maybe as you say despite Keane being a massive name with contacts he isn''t well liked within the game.

Can''t see them challenging for promotion unless they bring in some better players in the coming weeks.

...one of my binner work mates said he was well excited when his dad told him healy had signed. Excellent he thought, David Healy Premiership striker, said he was sick when it turned out it was some geezer he''d never heard of from Cork. :-)

Interesting that people are still not fans of gunn, but at the same time say they feel better about the team than they have for years. Surely gunn should get some credit for that?! I was as sceptical as the next guy, but credit to the guy if he can do that to the fans, it''s a big part of the job. Only results will tell I guess, but for me at least, he''s doing a great job.

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]Interesting that people are still not fans of gunn, but at the same time say they feel better about the team than they have for years. Surely gunn should get some credit for that?! I was as sceptical as the next guy, but credit to the guy if he can do that to the fans, it''s a big part of the job. Only results will tell I guess, but for me at least, he''s doing a great job.[/quote]It''s true .I am surprised as well but credit where it''s due, he''s had an excellent pre season and the squad is definitely going in the right direction. I honestly feel it''s stronger now than it was last year - which goes to show how bad things were. It''s weird but very interesting and as stated already, I''m very optimistic and much happier putting money on us at 7/1 this year rather than the 60/1 last year. I''m not a fan of Gunn personally - many run ins, we use to be very personable but no longer - I also worked at the Club in the late nineties. Fair play though - it''s all about the team - and if he''s the man, then he''s the man, simple as that.

Well Kevin Doyle and Shane Long were both signed for Reading from Cork so you never know,keane could have bought a couple of unknown gems,lets hope not though!

What is it with managers and the tendancy to buy lots of players from their own hometown/country and in the position they used to play. Another poor result for the binners last night but you can never read to much into preseason results. I know how you feel Scottlarock, I''m stuck in binnerland too [:(]

They signed Colin Healy, a player who failed at a number of clubs over here already, there signings look desperate, and Kenae rather than using his profile has had to deal with rumours of his crap man management spreading through the transfer gossip mill. Shame LOL! Bottom half finish for scum this year me thinks and better still we could go up and they could go down? Now that would be a dream come true!!!