Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Maric & Askou to sign

it seems as though Maric theories are still being posted etc..and my update went unoticed. So......once more.....

Maric and Askou have both agreed to sign! Great news IMO.

Im not sure when its gonna become common knowledge but remember you heard it here first.

Sideshow Tim (who called Holt right ages ago) says there''s a spanners in the works, and the equally reliable cusdp says its all done and dusted! Not good for the nerves this!

Are there definitely no hitches? I pray you''re right, as believe these two could be huge assets. Tonight would be when all is revealed I''d have thought, with an official unveiling tomorrow?

Lee Too Expensive...Maric and Askou thought to be signing

Posted by adm1n on 2009/7/28 13:53:28 (10 reads) News by the same author

Just going to pass on what we have been lead to believe, and the source has been absolutely spot on with the other tips. Our tipster reckons that both Maric and Askou, will be signing their contracts with City, exactly when this will be announced they are not sure.

As I said just passing on what we have been told.

One thing we are sure of is that Alan Lee was out of Gunn''s price range, it isn''t anything that we didn''t expect to hear, after all we have to consider that Palace are said to still owe £400k to them down the Road, and Palace wanted to recoup all of that on any sale. Lee is 30 plus and not one of the most prolific scorers around, when money is tight you need to be wise with what you spend it on; I think that is a very wise move by all concerned, Grant Holt will do a similar job to what Lee would have done, but with the added precious commodity Goals.

The fact remains that Holt was one of the first names on the list Gunn handed McNally of wanted players; tells you that Gunn had more or less resigned himself to not getting Lee.

sounds like your right ... !!! good call if it comes off ..

[quote user="singing canary"]source... carrowroad.net ..!!![/quote]

Ah, must be true then.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

it seems as though Maric theories are still being posted etc..and my update went unoticed. So......once more.....

Im not sure when its gonna become common knowledge but remember you heard it here first.

[/quote]

Attention seeker.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

Attention seeker.

[/quote]

Im gonna put your mobile number on here if you say that again hightower!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]AGAIN...you will do for me CUSDP[Y]   you and TRUST ME are the only people who,s rumours/statements on players i believe [Y]

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

Attention seeker.

[/quote]

I take it that comment is tongue in cheek WSC?

If not take a look at CUSDP''s previous posts regarding such matters!

I bet they announce it Thurs/Fri in the hope that more people will filter on down to the Wigan game just like last week for the Man Utd kids game, to see the new players.

It worked on me, i brought a ticket, then again i''m an advertisers dream, dress a dog turd up in a tu-tu and i''ll buy it! [:P]

Great news and thanks for the info CUSDP.. Seems like we will finally have a squad of players mostly owned my NCFC. Lets just hope they can all gel enough to get a decent start to the season!

Forgive me for not dancing on the ceiling.....but why are we getting excited about two European lower league rejects signing?

Let''s get some perspective here!

I''m all for giving them a chance but Alan Lee and Jason Shackell they ain''t.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

Attention seeker.

[/quote]

I take it that comment is tongue in cheek WSC?

If not take a look at CUSDP''s previous posts regarding such matters!

[/quote]

Yes, was tongue in cheek! I even recieved a text from good old CUSDP - he da man!

Great news, excited about Maric for some reason.......

Can''t believe that people are still debating ans speculating on other posts.

CUSP has spoken!!!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Can''t believe that people are still debating ans speculating on other posts. CUSP has spoken!!![/quote]

With great power comes great responsibility... If CUSDP plays an April Fools he could have us all! Credibility meter is full for the feller!

[quote user="pride_of_anglia_ncfc"]

Forgive me for not dancing on the ceiling.....but why are we getting excited about two European lower league rejects signing?

[/quote]

True, they''re not but who''s to say they aren''t better? Shackell is a good player IMO but there were a number of people who didn''t rate him the first time round. Likewis, I like Alan Lee but again he''s the wrong side of thirty now and he wasn''t exactly scoring for fun when he was with us was he. Maric and Askou are certainly unknown quantities but I was impressed with the latter on Saturday. Thought he was our best centre half on show and had a very good game.

I know it''s only one game but why do we always write players off before we get them? Lets wait and see shall we...

Askou looked a great find, very composed on the ball and Maric has a scoring habit. Just the kind of players we need imo

[quote user="Ringo Fire"][quote user="pride_of_anglia_ncfc"]

[/quote]

True, they''re not but who''s to say they aren''t better? Shackell is a good player IMO but there were a number of people who didn''t rate him the first time round. Likewis, I like Alan Lee but again he''s the wrong side of thirty now and he wasn''t exactly scoring for fun when he was with us was he. Maric and Askou are certainly unknown quantities but I was impressed with the latter on Saturday. Thought he was our best centre half on show and had a very good game.

I know it''s only one game but why do we always write players off before we get them? Lets wait and see shall we...

[/quote]

Mate, they won''t be....believe me. Hence why Shack and Lee have been playing in The Championship!

"Playing" is a bit of an exaggeration though. By and large the only time Shackell and Lee played last year was for us...neither were wanted by their actual clubs.

I''d take Maric over Lee, as I think the latter would cost more and is the wrong side of 30. Can''t comment on Askou, but I''ve heard good things.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

"Playing" is a bit of an exaggeration though. By and large the only time Shackell and Lee played last year was for us...neither were wanted by their actual clubs.

I''d take Maric over Lee, as I think the latter would cost more and is the wrong side of 30. Can''t comment on Askou, but I''ve heard good things.

[/quote]

I must have wandered into Cloud Cuckoo Land!

You would seriously take an (effectively) non-league Spanish player over Alan Lee? All you''ve seen of him is a few minutes (if you were in Scotland) and a youtube video. Do you not remember Le Juge!?

Also, I think you''ll find both Shackell and Lee will be playing Championship football somewhere next season.

As I say, I''m all for giving these lads a chance but just signing players does not make a good team!

[quote user="pride_of_anglia_ncfc"][quote user="CanaryJames"]

[/quote]

You would seriously take an (effectively) non-league Spanish player over Alan Lee? All you''ve seen of him is a few minutes (if you were in Scotland) and a youtube video. Do you not remember Le Juge!?

Also, I think you''ll find both Shackell and Lee will be playing Championship football somewhere next season.

As I say, I''m all for giving these lads a chance but just signing players does not make a good team!

[/quote] You are oh so right , if these players were half decent they wouldnt be going around league 1 clubs looking for somebody to offer them a contract , we could sign coco the clown and most of the pink un posters would be heralding him as the next Maradona .

[quote user="pride_of_anglia_ncfc"][quote user="CanaryJames"]

[/quote]

You''re not though are you? You''re writing them off as no good. Players that are nowhere near as good as the in demand Shackell and Lee. I personally like Shackell and Lee but I am prepared to keep an open mind about two players who want to move to England to further their careers. Just give them a chance. By all means slate Askou when he constantly fails to get close to the oposing centre forward or when Maric fails to hit that barn door that Jamie keeps trying to hit too. BUT just give them a chance before you decide they are no good because we haven''t paid millions for them or because Barcelona B or Celta Vigo B are nowhere near as great as the mighty city!!

[/quote]

Excellent news, cheers for the info CUSDP!That''ll be the squad complete, then? [:D] And before the big kick-off...... I don''t understand. [:|]