Sign in to follow this  
Mouse

Why are we so negative?

Why is it that many Norwich fans seem to be so negative? We win a game and people want us to be playing like Arsenal AND winning the game. Can''t we just be happy that we''re won the game? If we win in the league that''s 3 points and a win in the cup brings more money in. If we''re playing badly and still winning then be gratefull that we are winning. I''m just fed up with people critising Norwich when we win. I know I said this on an earlier post but I feel I have to say it again. It''s not going to give the team any confidence if we are critising them and getting on their backs. We have played 7 games and in those 7 games we have played, Manchester United, Arsenal, Newcastle, Liverpool and Aston Villa. All of these teams except Villa are playing in Europe this year and are expected to do so next year and Villa are going to be up there again. Going by who we have played we have done really well to get four points. So please stop being so negative and give the team some support.

It''s not negativity, it''s expectation. On Tuesday we played a team in the third division who made it hard but we had the players to comfortably beat them. Yet we made it hard for ourselves, yes we won and that was the main thing.

However yesterday made me quite angry that I had spent 11 hours travelling, £60-70 and saw an awful performance and once again a formation that is clearly not working. We were holding our own against better teams with 4-4-2. I honestly believe we can stay up after seeing the heart and determination shown against Newcastle, Man U and Arsenal. Perhaps with a couple of additions in Jan we could be quite comfortable but now that doesn''t appear to be the case as we''re told there''s no money.

The next 10 games make or break us this season and I''m hoping Saturday finally rings the changes that need to be made starting with Leon coming up front. If everyone had the same guts and determination as he did yesterday then you couldn''t be negative as we''d have given it everything.