Sign in to follow this  
Lineo

Us supporters must help this season be a success, too!

This year the team won''t get back and promoted again unless we get fully behind them - no matter what is happening.If we end up like the Newcastle crowds, then I''ll be ashamed to be a part of a Norwich fanbase.Many players joined our club because of the promising crowds, now let''s thank them and get behind our team... losing 3-0 or winning 1-0 - whatever..We can speculate whether we are going to fail or not now, but if it actually happens during the season the last thing that is going to sort it out will be us fans not supporting the players!Hopefully this won''t happen though, lets wish for a League One title this season... OTBC :D

I thought you wrote U''s supporters as In Colchester......

But your right, nothing better whe the ground is rocking to ''On the ball'' etc.

[quote user="Lineo"]This year the team won''t get back and promoted again unless we get fully behind them - no matter what is happening.

If we end up like the Newcastle crowds, then I''ll be ashamed to be a part of a Norwich fanbase.

Many players joined our club because of the promising crowds, now let''s thank them and get behind our team... losing 3-0 or winning 1-0 - whatever..

We can speculate whether we are going to fail or not now, but if it actually happens during the season the last thing that is going to sort it out will be us fans not supporting the players!

Hopefully this won''t happen though, lets wish for a League One title this season... OTBC :D
[/quote]

The back end of last season should have showed you that in actual fact , whatever the crowd does or doesn''t do ultimately counts for very little, take the last couple of games for instance, Reading at home was one of the best atmospheres before the game and up until Reading''s first goal that I''ve seen at Carrow Road for nearly 30 years. counted for nothing. 5000 were at Charlton at the last game and again counted for nothing. You''ve mentioned Newcastle who get 52000 fans every home match ultimately was worthless if the team isn''t right on the pitch.

Agreed GJL. I''m sure the OP is not insinuating it but if there was one sector of the club that did not let it down last season, it was the supporters.

I went to many away games last year where we were totally outplayed but the home support was very poor

The fans will get behind the team but the playing and coaching staff are responsible for giving us something to shout about.

You are absolutely right Lineo.  Too often the negativity in this forum seems to be reflected at home games.  As supporters we should live up to the name : SUPPORTER.