Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Bump

BBC reveals 'The Football League show' details

Can see them showing some descent sized highlights for the championship but probs short ones like ITV for league one and two.

The thing that annoyed me with ITV that they always picked the featured match before hand so if it was a 0-0 with basically nothing happening they would still have it as featured game

Scariest thing for me on that preview piece was that Gabby Logan is replacing Ray Stubbs on Final Score.   Hope this doesn''t mean the end of Ray on BBC.  She is okay for links but the conversational aspects of her recent presenting are not up to the mark (apologies if that sounds sexist but it''s more an issue with Gabby herself than anything else).  I''m sure if they are trying to broaden the appeal of the programme they could have gone somewhere else for a "fresh approach".  There is no way for instance she could have handled Mark E Smith reading the scores out as well as Ray has done - his handling of the Darts is admirable too - as is the way he always keeps a straight face as Tranmere let in another goal.  Can''t see Gabby disguising her bias over the Leeds results.

Is the ITV one gone then? (I''m wondering if we will get this show in Australia on Pay TV)

We got the championship ''highlights'' last year

Couldnt agree more Lineo, no more adverts!! Plus they got it on the red button until sunday lunch time, so you can go out on the booze sat night, cure your hangover and still watch it!!! Unlike ITV where you had to get up at 9 or something stupid!

You obviously haven''t got kids, Notts Canary! If I could steal the TV away from Lazy Town or The Night Garden I watched it every week!

[quote user="Cayra"]Is the ITV one gone then? (I''m wondering if we will get this show in Australia on Pay TV) We got the championship ''highlights'' last year[/quote]

Yeah, ''The Championship'' That Was On Late Sunday Mornings And Had Championship, League 1 And League 2 Highlights. Will That Still Be On? Or Has BBC1 Taken Over That?

Also it said that the show will be shown at 11-10 on the saturday night.... what will happen once the Premiership starts and MOTD takes over that spot? Will there still be a Football League highlights show on the saturday night? Or am i confused and its on BBC2 anyway?

[quote user="drunkunmunkey"]Also it said that the show will be shown at 11-10 on the saturday night.... what will happen once the Premiership starts and MOTD takes over that spot? Will there still be a Football League highlights show on the saturday night? Or am i confused and its on BBC2 anyway?[/quote]oh f**k please don''t say ITV have Match of the Day!!

The BBC will still have MotD. With so few Premier League games now played on a Saturday, I''m guessing that MotD will start at 22:10 (after the news), and now last for just an hour. This will then lead directly into the Football League show at 23:10. Just guessing, but that''s my take...

[quote user="Matt Juler"]The BBC will still have MotD. With so few Premier League games now played on a Saturday, I''m guessing that MotD will start at 22:10 (after the news), and now last for just an hour. This will then lead directly into the Football League show at 23:10. Just guessing, but that''s my take...[/quote]

Yeah that seems like a logical expliantion.

Im so lost, can anyone explain who holds the rights to which competitions now? (i.e Prem, FA Cup, League Cup, Champs League, Euro, World Cup Qualies etc etc.) Would be a great help.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]The BBC will still have MotD. With so few Premier League games now played on a Saturday, I''m guessing that MotD will start at 22:10 (after the news), and now last for just an hour. This will then lead directly into the Football League show at 23:10. Just guessing, but that''s my take...[/quote]

Im so lost, can anyone explain who holds the rights to which competitions now? (i.e Prem, FA Cup, League Cup, Champs League, Euro, World Cup Qualies etc etc.) Would be a great help.

Premier League - Sky and ESPN
Football League - Sky and BBC (10 games only on BBC from the Championship)
FA Cup - Sky and ITV
League Cup - Sky and BBC (one leg of each semi-final and the final on the BBC)
Champions League - ITV (Tuesday) and Sky (Wednesday)
Europa League - ITV and Five
World Cup Qualifiers - All home fixtures on ITV. Away fixtures are sold individually by the host FA.

[quote user="drunkunmunkey"]

[/quote]

Premier League live matches - Sky/ESPN

Premier League highlights - BBC/Sky

Football League Live matches - Sky (BBC have a deal to show a small amount of Championship games)

Football League highlights - BBC/Sky

Blue Square Prem - Up for grabs

England home games - ITV

FA Cup - ITV

England away games - Up for grabs (But probably Sky)

Champions League - ITV/Sky

Europa Cup - usually decided on round by round basis

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Premier League - Sky and ESPN
Football League - Sky and BBC (10 games only on BBC from the Championship)
FA Cup - Sky and ITV
League Cup - Sky and BBC (one leg of each semi-final and the final on the BBC)
Champions League - ITV (Tuesday) and Sky (Wednesday)
Europa League - ITV and Five
World Cup Qualifiers - All home fixtures on ITV. Away fixtures are sold individually by the host FA.[/quote]

Sky haven''t got the FA Cup back......yet

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/07_july/28/league.shtmlWell I''m sure they will do a better job than ITV. Will be available on iPlayer too.[/quote]Thanks for this. I hadn''t realised the beeb now had the rights to screen football league highlights. Let''s face it, ITV were pretty dreadful. The BBC should do a much better quality job. Just a shame they don''t get to screen more live games. If the government had a backbone it would end Sky''s monopoly on our national game.

Shame about Ray Stubbs, Pity Jake Humphrey will be too busy with the formula 1 to take over also, woulda been awesome having a City fan presenting.

This is how it''s going to work with the TV schedules:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/5161070.stm

any chance of this being in HD on the BBCHD Channel?????  [:^)]

ITV are rubbish but good old ''Aunty'' Beeb are only going to be patronising and push the Football League into a nice little corner, especially when they''ve still got MotD and The FA Cup.

The trailer features a load of Football League mascots huddled around a guy in an office and then running down a road. No emphasis on the sport or the action, just the mascots, which I think is their overall take on the programme itself. Although maybe I''m just bitter that, surprise surprise, Captain Canary wasn''t one of them? Flashbacks of being ignored every Sunday on The Championship.

At the end of the day, it''s all about Virgin Media