and chucked together Norwich squad.
And here are my thoughts on the

game and ratings of the players.

My opinion of the game was that we were outplayed and looked weak in

nearly every single area. Yes it was a pre season friendly which

generally mean f*** all but the same applies to Norwich. Whilst neither

team were brilliant by any means, Norwich looked comfortable on the

ball, created the better chances and showed examples of slick passing

and in the final third seemed competent.
Palace on the other hand

looked s*** on the ball with DERRY being f***ing awful and as a leader

was just abhorrent. Our main tactic was pass the ball squarely in

midfield neglecting our only flair player in midfield in Moses before

passing it back to the goalkeeper or centre half who then hoof it to

the ineffectual Alan Lee. I did a sad thing (as was my boredom in this

drab affair) and actually did my own version of player cam on Alan Lee

for five minutes. In the five minutes he only broke into a light trot

(with nowhere near the finesse of a horse) once and failed to win any

headers at all. In fact he was taken off and replaced by Fonte (a

defender) who then nearly destoryed someones face by the looks of it.

Our problem seemed to be creativity. Derry is over the hill and never

coming back again, Danns looked sharp at times but never really created

in last third and Nick Carle (whom seemed to be playing on the right)

looked out of place and kept drifting in and leaving us exposed and

overlapped on the right.

Anyway, enough of the rant and on to player views.

Speroni- confident from crosses and did what was askedClyne- shakey in first few minutes and final ball week but competent enough.Hill- Did what was required and no more. Came of injured but nothing seriousMcCarthy- At fault for goal but looked okFonte- Cameo upfront looked better than Lee. Defensively missed few headers and got turned to easy for my likingMoses- Very good. Only one to run at defence, pass and move and looked sharpDerry- AWFUL, WOEFUL, PATHETIC. Lead by example unfortunatelyDanns- Looked good at times but lacked final ball Carle- Tried hard but played out of positionAlan Lee- Norwich got off lightly. Didnt run, try or do anythingSears- Looked bright especially when linking up with moses and the youngsters. Could save us this year!

Cheers Shortfab. I''m pleased to discover that Palace are rubbish and that we are therefore headed for relegation as some of the more well informed posters have highlighted. What a relief!

Alan Lee ran his socks off when he played here. It''s probably a case of he doesn''t want to be where he is.

[quote user="tribes"]Alan Lee ran his socks off when he played here. It''s probably a case of he doesn''t want to be where he is.[/quote]

True but if he wanted to convince us to buy him he failed. I am judging him only on last night and last night he was very poor.

It is strange as Warnock has been playing him a lot in preseason, would think he would be making more of an effort.

Having said that, maybe he felt some kind of loyalty to us and was going easy on purpose!

[quote user="rjwc22"]

It is strange as Warnock has been playing him a lot in preseason, would think he would be making more of an effort.

Having said that, maybe he felt some kind of loyalty to us and was going easy on purpose!

[/quote]

He''s been playing him a lot in pre-season because they don''t have any strikers. They have Sears who he seems to stick on the wing. They''ve released a lot of players (Scowcroft, Kuqi, Oster, Ifill etc.) and have failed to bring in Craig Beattie and Danny Webber so Lee has to play whether he, Warnock or their fans like it.

[quote user="Danielt88"]

[quote user="tribes"]Alan Lee ran his socks off when he played here. It''s probably a case of he doesn''t want to be where he is.[/quote]

True but if he wanted to convince us to buy him he failed. I am judging him only on last night and last night he was very poor.

[/quote]Here''s the facts: Lee wasn''t at all good last night. One decent header. Holt worked his ass off and his tenacity and touch earned us a goal. We have the better man.

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Danielt88"]

[/quote]

Here''s the facts: Lee wasn''t at all good last night. One decent header. Holt worked his ass off and his tenacity and touch earned us a goal. We have the better man.
[/quote]

I was all in favour of us signing Lee but on last night''s evidence we have done some good business there, Holt was streets ahead. Was only one game though.

Agreed with just about everything the Palarse fan said, we weren''t amazing but they never seriously troubled us and we fashioned much the better chances. Palace are going down!!!!!!

I think its a bit harsh to judge palace (and for that matter Lee) on one game. I''m sure (but hope not as I would love them to go down) that they will sign a few more players before the beginning of the season and I think that they will do ok this year. As for Lee, as soon as we signed Holt, I thought that we had finally given up on Lee and I wasn''t too fussed. Lee''s wages and transfer fee would have been a lot more than Holt''s.

I would be worried for them they were playing pretty much they''re first team maybe with the exception of Butterfield and Ambrose (SCUM!!!!). They''ve got a week and a bit to find a lot of players and gel them into a decent side. Moses and Sears were the only players of any quality on their team, however both were fairly well subdued by our defence, particularly Sears who was bullied by the Doc. 

Sounds like they are a load of shite at the moment. Probably not long till Warnock gets the boot. Would be delighted if the went down as in general hate that club. Mainly due to what a shithole the place is

At the same time it was the first game they had lost pre season, so perhaps we are slightly better than the Palarse fan, who wrote this, (and many on this board) cares to give us credit for, we''ll know soon enough.