Sign in to follow this  
Huh?!

Southend could be no more after 4.30pm tonight!

If Southend cannot agree a deal to pay off £670,000 debt they will no longer be a football club after 4.30pm tonight!

Wednesday 29 July 2009

It is emphasised that the following list is provisional and subject to change until 4.30pm. Any alterations after this time will be telephoned or emailed direct to the parties or their legal representatives.

THE DAILY LIST

COMPANIES COURT

Court 51

Ground Floor (Mezzanine)

Thomas More Building

Before

Mr Registrar Simmonds

Wednesday 29 July 2009

ROBED

Not Before 11:00am

15187 /2009 Southend United Football Club Ltd(THE)

One less game for us next year!

Hope they survive, would be a tragedy to see a club disappear like this.

Didn''t realise it was this bad! If it happens it is a real shame...

...BUT...

...there''s one or two handy players there who we could do with, so IF it did happen, we''d have to make the best of a bad situation surely? Morally wrong perhaps, but if we don''t, someone else will.

So Lee Barnard (prolific striker) and Frank Moussa (young midfielder) would definitely be worth a thought if it did happen, especially Barnard.

In fact Barnard ticks all the boxes of what we need. A pacy goal-scorer, young, yet experienced at this level. Would be excellent with Martin/McDonald/Holt/Maric for company.

There is nothing publicy out at the moment. You won''t find anything on any website, news page until half4 if it does happen.

My friend is a supporter of Southend and he is very, very worried!!!!

Hearing adjourned until the end of October, apparently, presumably so they can try and do a deal with HMRC.

Oh, and their winger Scannell has got swine flu.[+o(]

Why''s it good???

It''s sad to see how close a lot of clubs are to going out of business.

[quote user="city till i die"]

no disrespect but

have they got any deent players we could nick for peanuts??

[/quote]

I mentioned this in another thread that they are deciding if to give M Rigters a contract as he has been released by Blackburn, if memory is correct when we had him he played mainly on the left hand side, many posters were raving about him and to get him on our books full time, do not know if he has signed fro them yet?

Rigters was a striker, didn''t really do much at Barnsley last season but could be good at league 1.

its put into perspective when you look at the bonus'' and wages of some of the Premier Leagues players!! its sickening to think a football team needs this to stay afloat when Man City are banding millions of pounds more on players......money rules the roost now, sad times

Sad news indeed.

Southend were my local team, and i started watching them in 1956 when i was 9, never missed a home game, until we moved to Norfolk in 1962.

I don''t think we ever paid more than a shilling to get in to Roots Hall. Happy days.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]are they still a club[/quote]Yes, the payment was deferred until October (I think). Much ado about nothing...

[quote user="coro"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="coro"][quote user="7rew"]On a related note:Livingston are gone:  Liquidation rather than just administration.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/livingston/8174920.stm[/quote]good.[/quote]

Yes why is it good?

[/quote]bit of a scottish MK Dons from what i gather.[/quote]How can it be good that any football club folds?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="I am a Banana"]are they still a club[/quote]

Yes, the payment was deferred until October (I think). Much ado about nothing...
[/quote]

they should pay it back by selling players, not get longer!!

[quote user="Rum ol boy"]its put into perspective when you look at the bonus'' and wages of some of the Premier Leagues players!! its sickening to think a football team needs this to stay afloat when Man City are banding millions of pounds more on players......money rules the roost now, sad times[/quote]

It puts nothing into perspective. It just shows that the club has spent more than it can afford. It has been living beyond its means. They are no better than an idiot who lives the life of Riley on their credit cards and then ends up going bankrupt. Nobody forces a club to pay players more than they can afford and its about time people realised that. OK, so the quality of player they could sign would go down with the wages but thats life - they need to live with it as do we and all other teams that struggle with finances.

Man City may be spending millions but it is because their owners can afford it. How they got the money is neither here nor there and they can do what they like with it.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="coro"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="coro"][quote user="7rew"]On a related note:Livingston are gone:  Liquidation rather than just administration.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/livingston/8174920.stm[/quote]good.[/quote]

Yes why is it good?

[/quote]bit of a scottish MK Dons from what i gather.[/quote]How can it be good that any football club folds?[/quote]franchise not a club ;)

Oh Dear. How sad to the read the belittling of another team who rose from the old Third Division South.

Of course the Shrimpers never reached the heights of the European stage but lest ye forget the remember Errol Crossan..

They too had their legends, Eddie Fimani, Harry Threadgold, Lou Costello and possibly the greatest full back pairing outside

of the First Division in Williamson and Anderson. But above all else who (that is all who purports to be a true football man)

can forget or dismiss the mighty Sam McCrory and that goal that beat England..

As Prittlewell man said at the time That Was The Goal Of The Century.