Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

500k for Holt?

According to the Pink Un the fee for Holt was 500K. That is a lot of money for a player that scored 11 League Two goals from open play last season.

Not again, can we please just give him a chance. I think he will work out well,money well spent

What the hell has ''open play'' got to do with anything - the guy scored 20 league goals, or 28 in total. Have they gone and changed the rules to make penalties not count, or something?

In case you''d not noticed, we have just lost our penalty taker, so perhaps signing someone who is good from the spot might be seen as being a good thing!

tom cavendish wrote the following post at 28/07/2009 9:52 PM:

According to the Pink Un the fee for Holt was 500K. That is a lot of money for a player that scored 11 League Two goals from open play last season.

what have you got against Holt you knob... has he been to bed with your missus or do you fancy him

yesterday you slagged him off and now today.

get a life you prick

[quote user="john"]

tom cavendish wrote the following post at 28/07/2009 9:52 PM:

what have you got against Holt you knob... has he been to bed with your missus or do you fancy him

yesterday you slagged him off and now today.

get a life you prick

[/quote]Nice to see a bit of maturity on the message board. Tom Cavendish is entitled to his opinion and he''s not a prick or a knob because it differs from yours.

And if we''d missed out on him due to being unable/unwilling to pay 500k? I''m just glad we''re starting the season with someone with a bit of presence up front for what seems like the first time in ages.

he might not be but all he is doing is moaning about 11 goals this and 11 goals that, did he pay for him, i think not.. just leave it ffs

[quote user="john"]he might not be but all he is doing is moaning about 11 goals this and 11 goals that, did he pay for him, i think not.. just leave it ffs[/quote]If he didn''t claim his rebate thn he did (help) pay for him according to the club.

If he didn''t claim his rebate thn he did (help) pay for him according to the club.

only if he is a season ticket holder.. he might not be, therefore did not pay for himBig Smile [:D]

if holt scores another 11 goals and 9 pens and helps us get promoted would he moan then.

[quote user="john"]he might not be but all he is doing is moaning about 11 goals this and 11 goals that, did he pay for him, i think not.. just leave it ffs[/quote]

It is just that 500k seems rather a lot of money to pay for a 28 year old lower league standard player.

Gunn is counting on him scoring lots of goals so I assume that Gunn is counting on getting lots of penalties.

How many penalties were we awarded last season and how many were scored?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]What the hell has ''open play'' got to do with anything - the guy scored 20 league goals, or 28 in total. Have they gone and changed the rules to make penalties not count, or something?

In case you''d not noticed, we have just lost our penalty taker, so perhaps signing someone who is good from the spot might be seen as being a good thing![/quote]I agree goals are goals! I dont care were they come from,the fact is he hit the net 28, if becomes the teddy sheringham style player i think he will be,ill be happy!

Gary Lineker scored a lot of tap in''s...do they count?

Ruud Van Nistelrooy scored a lot of pens at Man Utd. Do they count?

All goals count. Pens, tap in''s, screamers and diving headers. A goal is a goal and they win games.

The Shrewsbury fans have seen more of him than you have and they rate him.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

£500k and he didn''t score tonight........GET RID! [:@]

WE WANT ALAN LEE!!! [:S]

[/quote]

He didn''t score either [;)]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

[/quote]not exspensive if he scores the goals and has a few assists that get us promoted [Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lappinitup"]

£500k and he didn''t score tonight........GET RID! [:@]

WE WANT ALAN LEE!!! [:S]

[/quote]

He didn''t score either [;)]

[/quote]

Not only did Lee not score against us, he was boo''d off.

I did not think Lee ever looked like troubled us either.

Think Holt could be a good player for us and if he is able to score a few and more importantly be there for players like Cody and Martin to play off and get them goals then £500k is a bargain.

At the inevitable risk of being slagged off for my ''inside info'', I can say I know Norwich have paid just under 300k to shrewsbury, and about 70k to preston.  This is just raw fugures, I don''t know about any future payments, but this is what has been paid so far...

[quote user="CardiffCanary"]At the inevitable risk of being slagged off for my ''inside info'', I can say I know Norwich have paid just under 300k to shrewsbury, and about 70k to preston.  This is just raw fugures, I don''t know about any future payments, but this is what has been paid so far...[/quote]

I think it`s pretty obvious that if the fee is anywhere near £500k it would be including add-ons for promotion etc.  Proper goalscorers (and particularly target-men) command a premium- and the club have been reluctant to accept that fact since relegation, which has played a big part in our demise.  I think it`s a very good sign that the club have been prepared to push the boat out to secure what was widely regarded as Gunn`s top striker target- and even offer a contract to another big striker as well (Maric)!

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

[quote user="john"]he might not be but all he is doing is moaning about 11 goals this and 11 goals that, did he pay for him, i think not.. just leave it ffs[/quote]

It is just that 500k seems rather a lot of money to pay for a 28 year old lower league standard player.

Gunn is counting on him scoring lots of goals so I assume that Gunn is counting on getting lots of penalties.

How many penalties were we awarded last season and how many were scored?

[/quote]

500k is cheap - compare that to Adebayor at 25m.  OK Holt has played in the lower leagues but if he does the biz its worth the money.  If he doesnt its a waste.  Lets see what the season brings

tom cavendish you need to sort your life out mate. if all you can do is complain about a signing weve made then u need to think about why u support our great club. you need to get behind the team and give him a chance to impress and show us what he can do. if he scores 20+ goals and gets us back to the championship you wont be moaning about him then will you! all i can say is hes better than anything we had and ill be getting behind the team and gunny and roaring us on to promotion. OTBC 

Mate who is a big Shrews fan and has some inside knowledge told me we paid £400k up front and will then pay another £100k if we go up.