9 Holt                    Maric

10 McDonald        Cureton

11 Hoolahan          Lappin

Plus Youth in Reserve:-

GK - Rudd, Steer

Def - Dumic, Stephens, Habergham

Mid - Smith, Adeyami, Lathrope

Fwd - Martin, Renton, Daley, Kelly

Looking good to me, a good mixture of experience and youth and players who know what to expect at League 1 level. The "Second XI" could make the play-offs couldn''t it?!! (By the way these 2 eleven''s are just an example and not personal opinion before anyone shoots me down with "i would have "x" ahead of "y")

I have been hugely critical of the board, management and players and the way the club has been run over the last few years, but i have got to say i am very optimistic about the new season with the signings we have made.

I don''t know who has pulled the strings to make these signings happen (Mc Nally?) but 12 on board a week before we kick-off is not the Norwich City way!! Was Doncaster a bigger burden than we realised or have the board seen the light? Whatever the reason well done to all concerned.

After the positive the negative --- Gunny? I do have concerns over his ability to manage particularly with his brief stint at the end of last season, however benefit of the doubt and all that and with "his" squad on board he will now be judged, so as far as i am concerned he has a clean slate and i sincerely hope he succeeds. Good Luck Bryan.

Onwards and Upwards and bring on Col U!!

[:)]Good post Patriot,when you look at the squad in the way you have it doesn''t look half bad,my bet is that Adeyami will have more than a bit part in the midfiled this year and we will be tough in the centre of the park for a change!!

That just about sums it for me Patriot on all counts.

It''s a great improvement on past seasons activities and I would only add our new chairman to the list of praise.

I am just concerned that we, maybe, are being over positive simply because of the last few painful years.

As has been said many times recently, the first ten games will give us a good idea.

Theokolitis - do you think he will be a pain in the backside?

I wonder about this. If the optimism is correct, and I hope it is, it seems like we needed to be relegated to be able to build a competetive team again. How much would it have cost to build a competetive team in the Championship? Certainly more than we could afford. The mistakes of the last 3 seasons finally left us with no squad of players to play in any league. In 2006 when Worthy was sacked we had a strong enough squad to be competetive in the Championship. It maybe needed fresh ideas and a couple of new signings but the basis was there. Grant then wasted his money on players only good enough to take us down and Roeder, although recognising this, failed to build a team as we tried to be "clever than the rest".

Perhaps relegation was the only way out. Time will tell.