Sign in to follow this  
Canarydan82

Maric & Askou are Now CANARIES

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="LQ"]But as every keyboard warrior knows, it is always possible to make something out of nothing...

[;)]

[/quote]

I''m not making something out of nothing, LQ, I know my football, and I know that every successful team has the option of pacey wide men within their ranks.
[/quote]

Have to agree with Shyster on that, pacey wide men can unlock most defences and in league 1 it would help hugely!!!

[/quote]

I agree with that too!

Stupid me for chucking in a tongue in cheek comment following on from Nuff Said and NC''s remarks about something and nothing...

[:S]

[/quote]

Wasn''t picking sides, I was just adding that i agree that we need pace.[:D]

LQ, not sure you should be talking about being tongue in cheek when the subject is short women?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]LQ, not sure you should be talking about being tongue in cheek when the subject is short women? [/quote]Now that really is making something out of nothing [:)]

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Shyster"]Pleased with the depth of the squad and the fact that most of it consists of   ''our'' players, but I''m still a tad concerned about the lack of pace.
[/quote]

I hasten to add that the acquisition of a quick wide man the likes of Adomah, who can be utilised efficiently on either wing, would have me purchasing a season ticket for the first time in five years. 
[/quote]

Not only can he play both wings, but also up-front, where we may still lack a bit of pace.

Adomah would be a perfect addition to finish the squad.

Where does this leave Cureton? Seems like the 5th choice striker right now, so will surely go? Russel better be off soon as well!

[/quote]

5 Strikers is what we need though (minimum) - You''re looking at 2 on the pitch, and with 7 subs this year 2/3 on the bench. It will only take an injury or suspension to see Cureton rigt back in the fold, although Daley is waiting in the wings too.

I''d keep him, I still think he can make (limited) impact this season.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="CanaryJames"]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Shyster"]Pleased with the depth of the squad and the fact that most of it consists of   ''our'' players, but I''m still a tad concerned about the lack of pace.
[/quote]

I hasten to add that the acquisition of a quick wide man the likes of Adomah, who can be utilised efficiently on either wing, would have me purchasing a season ticket for the first time in five years. 
[/quote]

Not only can he play both wings, but also up-front, where we may still lack a bit of pace.

Adomah would be a perfect addition to finish the squad.

Where does this leave Cureton? Seems like the 5th choice striker right now, so will surely go? Russel better be off soon as well!

[/quote]

5 Strikers is what we need though (minimum) - You''re looking at 2 on the pitch, and with 7 subs this year 2/3 on the bench. It will only take an injury or suspension to see Cureton rigt back in the fold, although Daley is waiting in the wings too.

I''d keep him, I still think he can make (limited) impact this season.

[/quote]

Very much agree we need 5, but Cureton''s probably one of (if not the) highest paid player we have. Simply makes no sense for your 5th choice striker to be in that position, so I''d be delighted if we got him off the books and brought in someone else instead (Adomah would be perfect, as he''d provide more depth in his natural wing position as well).