Sign in to follow this  
Canarydan82

Maric & Askou are Now CANARIES

Good news indeed. Thats now 10 new players we own plus 1 loan who could sign. The club needed a complete makeover and its getting it. Well done. I hope after 10-15 games these players have gelled....looking good.

More good news, whats going on? well done again Gunny. I think other teams may be worried about us this year.

Excellent news. i was getting bored of wait, as we hadn''t signed anyone this week.

So, any more to follow or are we done?

Great news!I reckon that''s our squad completeted now, bar a loan or two from Man Utd after what Gunn saidCredit to Gunn, Mcnally, crook etc. put together an impressive squad for this league and only the 1 loan so far, bring on the season....

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE BNP OAP"]Good news indeed. Thats now 10 new players we own plus 1 loan who could sign. The club needed a complete makeover and its getting it. Well done. I hope after 10-15 games these players have gelled....looking good.[/quote]

As always Arthur, lets wait untill we''ve tasted the pudding, but its looking good early on.

[quote user="The Lord"]Great news!

I reckon that''s our squad completeted now, bar a loan or two from Man Utd after what Gunn said

Credit to Gunn, Mcnally, crook etc. put together an impressive squad for this league and only the 1 loan so far, bring on the season....
[/quote]

who''s on loan

Great news indeed - I am a little intrigued by the fact Maric has only signed for one year.  It''s probably his wish - I wonder if it was the haggling over this that caused the delay.

Great stuff! I''m even excited about going to the friendly on Saturday as it''ll be my first viewing of the new faces.

Not seen either play but heard good things about them from the games they''ve played.

I can''t believe how much depth we have and the amount of options Gunny at his disposal, we have the squad to win promotion now but will Gunny utilise it properly? Time will tell

Am I far too greedy to expect a replacement right back, a left midfielder and another striker? Cant really decide if we need players that can play there or even if we need any more tbh.... Pleased with Maric and Askou though- goes without saying [Y]

Agreed I do not think another striker is the way to go.  At least not until the ones we have had a chance to show how rubbish they are in League 1!!!

From now on apart from a right back maybe would only want to see people coming in if others (Russell) leave.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I don''t think we really want the squad to be any larger, up top we have Holt, Maric, Martin, McDonald and Cureton, all of them offer something different and just about cover all bases[/quote]

Cureton offers nothing and should be replaced!!! The

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I don''t think we really want the squad to be any larger, up top we have Holt, Maric, Martin, McDonald and Cureton, all of them offer something different and just about cover all bases[/quote]

[/quote]

As i was saying THE others will all do well in league 1.Maric is unknown to us all and yes he has looked good in the friendlys but is he as good as fans are saying or are some seing what they are desperate to see? Lets hope he is the dogs and gets a hat full!!!

[quote user="barryevans"]

[quote user="The Lord"]Great news!I reckon that''s our squad completeted now, bar a loan or two from Man Utd after what Gunn saidCredit to Gunn, Mcnally, crook etc. put together an impressive squad for this league and only the 1 loan so far, bring on the season....[/quote]

who''s on loan

[/quote]Alnwick, the keeper from spurs

I wonder whether the one year contract was our condition or his? Could this be connected to the delay in him signing?

[quote user="The Lord"][quote user="barryevans"]

[quote user="The Lord"]Great news!

I reckon that''s our squad completeted now, bar a loan or two from Man Utd after what Gunn said

Credit to Gunn, Mcnally, crook etc. put together an impressive squad for this league and only the 1 loan so far, bring on the season....
[/quote]

who''s on loan

[/quote]

Alnwick, the keeper from spurs
[/quote]

oh yeah cheers

I dont think we need another RB now the dane has signed. Spillane can go a good job there with semmy as cover.  We cant expect 3 options in every position...we still have to cut our cloth and all that

bring it on, its got a defo feel good factor about the squad now

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE BNP OAP"]Good news indeed. Thats now 10 new players we own plus 1 loan who could sign. The club needed a complete makeover and its getting it. Well done. I hope after 10-15 games these players have gelled....looking good.[/quote]

As always Arthur, lets wait untill we''ve tasted the pudding, but its looking good early on.

[/quote]Ok, let me ask a risky question - risky because I am going to ask a question of First Wizard!Do you feel more confident this pre-season or last?I ask because I have more confidence this pre-season because it seems Gunn has done all that has been asked of him. We have a squad of professionals and on the reletive cheap. Last season we struggled to compete and struggled for consistancy because we barely had a squad to put out there.Even in pre-season we could tell a couple of injuries would push us especially after loosing Shackell. Clingan was a good player but was a gamble. This time we have taken more gambles and we have more chance of them coming off. Could you imagine what it would have been like last season if Clingan was injured?This pre-season we look to have started to rebuild a solid squad - something not seen since the season or so after relegation under Worthington - remember the summer when we only signed Croft? He was also a large-ish gamble.The thing is, with some of these gambles it looks as though Gunn has even looked for potential beyond Championship football as well as focusing on the task at hand. Nelson - highly rated at this level and probably good enough for Champs only has a two year contract.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Philosophically - if he indeed offers nothing, whilst the other strikers offer something, then does he or does he not offer something different?

[*-)][8-)][;)]