Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Canaries 08-09 v Canaries 09-10

This is a fantasy thread because we''ve got precious little info to go on as far as the quality of the present Canaries squad is concerned. But let''s have some fun. The basic question is if the team that finished last season played this season''s team who do you think would win and why? My gut feeling is that getting rid of the loans will make a tremendous difference to our ability/desire to win games. It looks like Gunny has brought some reliable signings to the club who might well perform more consistently than what we saw last season. So I''d go for a 09-10 win!

For that you would have to go with last seasons best performers:GK: MarshallLB: BertrandCB: StefanovicCB: DohertyRB: Otsemobor/OmersuziLM: HoolahanCM: ClinganCM: Choose any one from Patty, Fozzy, RustyRM: CroftSTR: LitaSTR: MooneyI think you would have to go with that purely on performances and appearences. Havn''t bothered with subs. But if you look at that, the fact that those that are still here are not guaranteed a game speaks volumes about what Gunn has done to the squad. I am not sure what our current starting 11 would be now but if you take out the loans from that it can only be viewed as an improvement in my books.

2-0 to 09-10, BUT if the 08-09 are on form then 2 or 3 nil to them, that is what was so frustrating about them...they had the potential...just not the skill to fully utilize it!!!

[quote user="Big Bob"]08/09 to win 3-0. Killen hatrick.
[/quote]

He was sh!t whilst he was a canary, but has done well in pre-season for Celtic!

[quote user="Delia Out"]

[quote user="Big Bob"]08/09 to win 3-0. Killen hatrick.[/quote]

He was sh!t whilst he was a canary, but has done well in pre-season for Celtic!

[/quote]Haha yeah! My Grandmother moved quicker than him. [Y] Jimmy!!