Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Pace on left wing..

There is none.  Hoolahan, Pattison & Lappin.  A mistake from Gunn or an indication that there is a space reserved for Huckerby?

Hoolahan is not slow and Rhoys is supposed to be quick and eager to get forward.

I hope there is space for Hucks but get the impression that Gunn is trying to draw a line under the pass and start again (with the exception of McVeigh).

He might not be slow but he is certainly not quick & wiggins has only played once for palace so we cant rely on him?

Would still like to see Adomah from Barnet

Having said that, I think Hoolahan looks best when cutting in behind the front two, so do not think we need someone with pace to get into the channels on the left.

Let''s see how we get on before bringing anyone else in.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

Having said that, I think Hoolahan looks best when cutting in behind the front two, so do not think we need someone with pace to get into the channels on the left.

Let''s see how we get on before bringing anyone else in.

[/quote]I second that. Very sage. Funnily enough I was about to start a thread on the absence of Huckerby chat on here of late. Interesting how he''s dropped off a lot of our radars as the signings have appeared.

[quote user="Soldier on"]There is none.  Hoolahan, Pattison & Lappin.  A mistake from Gunn or an indication that there is a space reserved for Huckerby?[/quote]

KOREY SMITH!

[quote user="Soldier on"]There is none.  Hoolahan, Pattison & Lappin.  A mistake from Gunn or an indication that there is a space reserved for Huckerby?[/quote]

KOREY SMITH!

[quote user="Soldier on"]

He might not be slow but he is certainly not quick & wiggins has only played once for palace so we cant rely on him?

Would still like to see Adomah from Barnet

[/quote]Wiggins played a few times for Bournemouth last season and they reckon he was very good.

You don''t need pace if you can whip a ball in. Look at Beckham. I know he''s not Beckham but Lappin can spin''em in and plonk it on a 6-pence (technical term).

Hoolahan may not be the quickest, but he is capable of beating his man in other ways. I agree that Lappin is not quick, but he has a sweet left foot. We lost a speedy winger in Croft, but when all is sais he was not very good at crossing the ball to team mates.What defenders do not like is speedy wingers running at and past them, so they have to turn and chase. Wes has his way of doing this.Hux has been a great servant to the club, but he is older and with regular niggling injuries. As he was we could do with, although it unbalances the team, but as he is I am not sure what he could add.

I would LOVE to see Hucks back in some capacity - perhaps player/youth coach.  Think he will end up back here at some stage, just not sure whether he will ever play for us again.

Forget bloody Huckerby!Pace is not everything.  Hoolahan and McVeigh and beat a man without pace, as they did against Man Utd, so stop crowing about pace - Croft had it and what did it achieve?[quote user="Soldier on"]There is none.  Hoolahan, Pattison & Lappin.  A mistake from Gunn or an indication that there is a space reserved for Huckerby?[/quote]

Hoolahan will do a good enough job for us on the left, we don''t need any more pace there.

looking at how a lot of L1 teams set up in midfield, our midfield is going to do very well. Hoolahan and Lappin have good ability (in a Becks type way as others have said) so don''t need the rapid pace. then on the right we have Whaley who will give the oppo that headache of pace. It''s a good set up that includes a very strong central midfield.

And the good thing about wingers? They can swap sides and cut in! Pace on 1 side, craft on the other.

Luke Dalay was described as a "flying winger" against Thetford.  Could he be used?