Subs

Rudd

Mcdonald

Martin

Pattison

Lappin

Nelson/ Doc

Gill / McVeigh

Gill and Tudur-Jones from what i''ve read worked very well together against Palace.

I''d rather see a more natural 4-4-2 with Hoolahan being allowed to drift and possibly McVeigh up-front dropping back into that LM role when Hoolahan does.

Also Prefere a Doc/Nelson partnership in defense personally. Nelson wins headers for fun.

Stefanovic, who hasn''t played a game all pre-season, ahead of our captain...something tells me that won''t be the case.

Why are so many anti-Doherty! Comfortably our best defender last year, and I believe he will play a huge role in our promotion chase this season.

Quick question, where is Alnwick?

Good selection though, would go mostly with that. Hopefully Maric will play the Wigan game up front with Holt, so we can look at them both together

I don''t understand why so many people are keen to throw in relatively un-known trialists over established players in the football league...

GK - Theoklitos
DL - Drury (for now at least)
DR - Spillane
DC - Nelson
DC - Doherty
ML - Hoolahan
MR - Whaley
MC - Tudor-Jones
MC - Gill (these two CM''s had good balance Vs Palace)
S     - Holt
S     - Maric

Subs: Alnwick, Martin, McVeigh, Lappin, Otsemobor, Askou (McDonald when fit), Hughes

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]        Theoklitos

Spillane     Askou               Stefanovic          Wiggins

Tudur-jones         Hughes                  Whaley

Hoolahan

Holt                    Maric

Subs

Rudd

Mcdonald

Martin

Pattison

Lappin

Nelson/ Doc

Gill / McVeigh

[/quote]

Joking Right??

Doc and Nelson have got to be our central Defenders, Drury abead of Wiggins and Semi ahead os spillane

[quote user="Norwich"]Thats what I would go with, but Cureton not even on the bench? I would have him on the bench, you never know it could be his season.[/quote]

No. I and many others do in fact know it wont be ''his season'' ... [:|] If we have a professional footballer available in his place, Cureton should not be in the squad.

I''d go with ...

Theoklitos

Otsemobor (in the league 1 team of the season a few years ago, I think he could do well in this league)
Doherty (captain, and unlike Nelson, has experience both within the premiership and the championship)
Askou
Drury (Haven''t seen Wiggins play, so would be unfair to put him first)

Whaley
Hughes
Tudor-Jones
Hoolahan

Holt
McDonald (Not sure if he will cut it in his first full season, but I sure hope he does. We need a pacy striker upfront with Holt I feel).

Subs:
Alnwick (Rudd when loan ends)
Nelson/Stefanovic
Wiggins/Spillane
Gill
McVeigh/Smith
Lappin
Maric

Everyone seems to have forgotten about young Tom Adeyemi? I also think that we will see alot of squad rotation this year before settling with one starting line up after christmas. Just a thought.

[quote user="Lewie"]

GK: Theoklitos
CB: Doc
CB: Askou
LB: Drury
RB: Spillane
LM:Hoolahan
RM: Whaley
CM: OTJ
CM: Adeyemi
ST: Holt
ST: Maric

Subs:
GK: Alnwick/Rudd
CB: Stefan/Nelson
LB/RB: Semmi/Wiggins
MF: Hughes/Gill
LM: Lappin
RM: McVeigh
ST: Martin/McDonald
[/quote]

Think I''d agree with your first eleven apart from the fact that I''m a bit undecided about centre mid at the moment

I would like to see the Holt/Maric partnership up front as I believe they would link up well. Thing is, they might be inclined to go for one of our "smaller" strikers along with one big man. I''m thinking it will be a 4-4-2. We all know Hoolahan is at his best when linking up the play behind the front two, but we just don''t have the strength in midfield to do that. If we did do that, I think we''d be horribly exposed more often than not. I think the starting partnership will be TJ (as he seems to be our only "tough" tackling, more defensive midfielder) and one of Hughes or Gill to supply the craft and guile. Then Whaley on the right and Hoolahan on the left. Nelson should most certainly be at the back as he is a total man mountain and will possibly scare the life out of younger league one players. I do worry about the lack of pace in our defence, but we shall see how that pans out. I''m worried about our full back positions most, but from reports I''ve heard that Spillane has been good at RB. Not sure on Drury, the jury is out on him for me (see what I did there??) and Lappin should never be told that he has to fill in at LB because he is AWFUL in that position. I''m excited to see how Wiggins does though. I hope we can keep him injury free and that his game comes on leaps and bounds with us, could be a big player in the future!