Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

Difference between a fan and supporter?

[quote user="Lord Norwich"]

Dear All.

After reading through your many many posts I have come to the conclusion that I dont actually understand what a fan or a supporter is.

If you are a fan/supporter do you slate your manager/players/board?. Do you not accept  (regardless of whether you agree with the appointment of Bryan Gunn) that we all ned to "support" the team and hope they do well?. If you put half as much passion into supporting the team as you do slagging off Bryan Gunn, Delia Smith, Archant etc we would be one hell of a force.

I am absolutely sure I will join the list of "the slated" right now for writing this but I dont care. Slating me will not affect the team you vow to "support".

Quite simply..there are fans on here, there are supporters on here.......and there are whining, miserable, sad little people who are only happy when they are moaning and groaning about something. Support the club or sod off and "Support" someone else.

Lord Norwich

[/quote]

Sadly your Lordship you are wrong. Supporting your club and being a fan means following it passionately, having opinions and being upset/angry when you can see it is being damaged/miss-managed. Not supporting your club is to care as little as your post seems to suggest. Every time I realise that, due to the way the club has been run, we are in the 3rd division, then I feel sick to my stomach at what "they" have done to my great football club.

And with crowds of 25000 in recent years, we really should already be "one hell of a force". Sadly those in charge have not remotely matched up to the loyalty of supporters who turn up week after week. Had they have shown anything like ambition then we would be in the Premier League, with a second tier on the Jarrold stand, playing in front of 35000 fans and having spent a similar amount in the transfer market as Birmingham City, approx 20 million pounds I believe. Makes our 450k for Holt seem a little "modest" doesn''t it. (And even that sum had to be funded by the fans, as did Huckerby''s wages) Yet we played Birmingham in then Play Off final a few seasons ago. Do you think if we were in their place we would be showing the same level of ambition? And that''s always been the trouble with NCFC, lack of ambition in the Boardroom, not complaining fans. Fans complain the world over, it''s part of being a football supporter!

Well done Mello ;)

But it is something which seems to be mentioned a lot, those fans who don''t complain and are always optimistic often seem to think they''re higher than those of us who will speak out when we don''t like what''s happening.

Being a supporter, in my mind at least, means that you''ll follow the team, go to matches, and support the club financially from ticket sales and what not. But it also means that if you disagree with how its being run, you should speak out. If you don''t like what''s happening you shouldn''t sit back and accept it, you should try and stop it, at least by getting your voice heard.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Lord Norwich"]

Dear All.

After reading through your many many posts I have come to the conclusion that I dont actually understand what a fan or a supporter is.

If you are a fan/supporter do you slate your manager/players/board?. Do you not accept  (regardless of whether you agree with the appointment of Bryan Gunn) that we all ned to "support" the team and hope they do well?. If you put half as much passion into supporting the team as you do slagging off Bryan Gunn, Delia Smith, Archant etc we would be one hell of a force.

I am absolutely sure I will join the list of "the slated" right now for writing this but I dont care. Slating me will not affect the team you vow to "support".

Quite simply..there are fans on here, there are supporters on here.......and there are whining, miserable, sad little people who are only happy when they are moaning and groaning about something. Support the club or sod off and "Support" someone else.

Lord Norwich

[/quote]

Sadly your Lordship you are wrong. Supporting your club and being a fan means following it passionately, having opinions and being upset/angry when you can see it is being damaged/miss-managed. Not supporting your club is to care as little as your post seems to suggest. Every time I realise that, due to the way the club has been run, we are in the 3rd division, then I feel sick to my stomach at what "they" have done to my great football club.

And with crowds of 25000 in recent years, we really should already be "one hell of a force". Sadly those in charge have not remotely matched up to the loyalty of supporters who turn up week after week. Had they have shown anything like ambition then we would be in the Premier League, with a second tier on the Jarrold stand, playing in front of 35000 fans and having spent a similar amount in the transfer market as Birmingham City, approx 20 million pounds I believe. Makes our 450k for Holt seem a little "modest" doesn''t it. (And even that sum had to be funded by the fans, as did Huckerby''s wages) Yet we played Birmingham in then Play Off final a few seasons ago. Do you think if we were in their place we would be showing the same level of ambition? And that''s always been the trouble with NCFC, lack of ambition in the Boardroom, not complaining fans. Fans complain the world over, it''s part of being a football supporter!

[/quote]

No Boy, neither of us are wrong. We are simply expressing our own individual opinions.

I am saying basically that we cant change what we have got so we may as well make the most of it. I am NOT saying (and this is where people are getting me wrong) that we should be happy nor am I saying (like the moron Cluck seems to think) that I love Delia or the regime. I simply feel that the fans should spend less time bitching and work as a unit together.

I have said what I said about Delia Smith because (like it or not) it is the truth. She did stop the club going to the wall...end of....she did , FACT

You are right, Birmingham City is indeed run by much more football minded and competent people. David Gold and Karen Brady know their stuff. Our board are not that clever.....so what do we do???. We sit and grumble, whine a bit, bit more grumbling, Smudger will call us all sheep......and we end up in the same position that we are in now anyway.

Enjoy the season

OTBC

[quote user="Mello Yello"] < Fan < Supporter.....Simples [/quote]

Exactly Mello, not rocket science is it ?

If I''m feeling hot, I don''t plug  a supporter in, do I ?

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Ah, now I get it. You fan yourself with a meerkat, right?

I worried for a moment that Mello was keeping supermeekats in his support  [+o(]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Ah, now I get it. You fan yourself with a meerkat, right?

[/quote]No,no,no,  you put the supporter on, pop the meerkat inside the supporter, and then turn the fan on.[;)]

Ahhh... the old support the team and shut up moaning vs moan constantly and cheer on whoever we''re playing. argument.

Personally i think being somewhere in the middle is the best place to be, turn up and support the side constantly but speak out WHEN things go wrong.

On here unfortunatly far too many people are either one extreme or the other.

A condensed view here....I am a club supporter rather than a team supporter....

Individual teams and players come and go according to which particular clown is in charge.... whereas the club is the rock on which everything stands. Despite the temporary and hysterical accolades at the time... do the likes of Fotheringham and his pitiful ilk have any relevance whatsoever to NC the club in the long run?

I feel this is where the main difference lies. It takes waaaaaay more than a simple yellow shirt to get me excited I''m afraid.... and the bulk of what has happened over the past 12 years has been detrimental to the club while the facade of a team plays on....

Club/team?..... Different animals altogether.

If the plight of the team (not withstanding the ridiculous club/team you and you alone recognise) upsets you so much, why not put your energies into something different. Flower arranging perhaps?

It is tragic and pitiful that you and your tiny cabal labout under the gross misapprehension that anyone else cares about your views on Norwich City.

Come 8 August, twenty thousand plus City fans will be raising the roof at Carrow Road. That''s all that matters.

Sorry, you don''t. You are an irrelevance.

Goodbye attention seeking nobodies.

Love and kisses

Major

[quote user="Lord Norwich"]

Actually Cluck...you are a real fan yes?.

Right then. If you are a real and honest fan are you older than 12?.

If so, you will remember the days of Robert Chase?.....well?

You will also remember then that Delia Smiths money saved the club that you are a real supporter of from going to the wall?.

You will have certainly been outside City Hall when we were promoted?

But now of course thing arent so good......so you bitch and moan.......thats a fairweather supporter and NOT a real supporter.....KNOBBER

[/quote]

That old chestnut again, some people never learn lol

[quote user="Major Bumpkin DSO"]

If the plight of the team (not withstanding the ridiculous club/team you and you alone recognise) upsets you so much, why not put your energies into something different. Flower arranging perhaps?

It is tragic and pitiful that you and your tiny cabal labout under the gross misapprehension that anyone else cares about your views on Norwich City.

Come 8 August, twenty thousand plus City fans will be raising the roof at Carrow Road. That''s all that matters.

Sorry, you don''t. You are an irrelevance.

Goodbye attention seeking nobodies.

Love and kisses

Major

[/quote]

Oh dear.....Clearly less substance there than a bucket of snot.......

Come back when you''re fully weaned.

*In The Words Of Harry Hill*

But Which Is Better? A Fan Or A Supporter? There Is Only One Way To Find Out! FIGHT................[:P] Sorry Had An Immature Moment :)

Ah, so substance equals stating the same boring point ad nauseum?

You are dull and uninteresting. Ditto for your childish, attention-seeking point of view.

On the ball City (hint: it''s a song we sing at games but as you never go, that''s probably not very interesting yo you is it?

Major

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Lord Norwich"]

You will also remember then that Delia Smiths money saved the club that you are a real supporter of from going to the wall?.

But now of course thing arent so good......so you bitch and moan.......thats a fairweather supporter and NOT a real supporter.....KNOBBER

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK then WAY49. Seeings that you have such an outspoken opinion against that particular line....Tell me which bit of it is not true.......Without bulls**t please.

[quote user="Lord Norwich"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Lord Norwich"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK then WAY49. Seeings that you have such an outspoken opinion against that particular line....Tell me which bit of it is not true.......Without bulls**t please.

[/quote]

You must be fairly new to this message board as this has been debated many times and the facts of the case torn apart.

Delia saves the club has as much truth and credence as Freddie Star ate my hampster.

Go back and look at the facts. Talk to people who were involved. Then stop spouting second hand rubbish.

FYI Lord Norwich - I am not sure of the facts myself but I believe it was Geoffrey Wattling who''s money saved the club. It was at a much later date that Delia bought his shares from him (at a nice discounted rate) and in no way participated in ''the saving of the club''.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Lord Norwich"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Lord Norwich"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You must be fairly new to this message board as this has been debated many times and the facts of the case torn apart.

Delia saves the club has as much truth and credence as Freddie Star ate my hampster.

Go back and look at the facts. Talk to people who were involved. Then stop spouting second hand rubbish.

[/quote]

you know what, the guy comes on here, tells the truth about the club, and gets mullered by you all. fact is, you dont like delia. thats fair enough, in fact LN is not saying he does either. he merely tells it as it is and because it is not what you want to hear you crucify him, how is that fair?.

why dont some of you who are telling him how wrong he is tell him the truth as you see it. he also has over 700 posts and has been a member since 2005, not a newbie to these boards OB1

[quote user="Ian James"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Lord Norwich"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Lord Norwich"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you know what, the guy comes on here, tells the truth about the club, and gets mullered by you all. fact is, you dont like delia. thats fair enough, in fact LN is not saying he does either. he merely tells it as it is and because it is not what you want to hear you crucify him, how is that fair?.

why dont some of you who are telling him how wrong he is tell him the truth as you see it. he also has over 700 posts and has been a member since 2005, not a newbie to these boards OB1

[/quote]

Thanks Ian. You are spot on. The truth (whether they like it or not) is the truth. Amazing how you can be so slated just by telling the truth. For the record, I am NOT a Delia fan, just that I face up to facts. Rather than slag me off, why not tell me how the club was saved. Geoffrey Watling put in how much?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Lord Norwich"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Lord Norwich"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly, it has been done to death on here and I really cannot be bothered in explaining it again if he can''t be bothered to go back and look the threads up.

IMO we should let them have their fantasy that Delia saved the club, leave them to it lol

Lord Norwich,

I have an opinion, yes, everyone has, they are like bumholes, everyone has one.  Don''t like it, then don''t read it.

And FYI I don''t do bu****it, I tell it how it is, sometimes that may offend, but hell mostly it''s respected.

Thank you, good afternoon [:)]

[quote user="Lord Norwich"][quote user="Ian James"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Lord Norwich"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Lord Norwich"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Ian. You are spot on. The truth (whether they like it or not) is the truth. Amazing how you can be so slated just by telling the truth. For the record, I am NOT a Delia fan, just that I face up to facts. Rather than slag me off, why not tell me how the club was saved. Geoffrey Watling put in how much?

[/quote]

I was involved, I have posted the truth on this site more than once and it certainly isn''t your definition.

For those who do not want to believe then whatever you say will make no difference.

So I am not going to repeat it.

So in your universe, down your leg of the trousers of time the hammy has been eaten and your hall is still standing in tact on the 17th.!![:D]

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

Individual teams and players come and go according to which particular clown is in charge.... whereas the club is the rock on which everything stands. Despite the temporary and hysterical accolades at the time... do the likes of Fotheringham and his pitiful ilk have any relevance whatsoever to NC the club in the long run?

I feel this is where the main difference lies. It takes waaaaaay more than a simple yellow shirt to get me excited I''m afraid.... and the bulk of what has happened over the past 12 years has been detrimental to the club while the facade of a team plays on....

[/quote]And I''m a vegetarian except for chickens and pigs.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

And I''m a vegetarian except for chickens and pigs.
[/quote]

That would be canabalism![:D] (only kidding honest)

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

And I''m a vegetarian except for chickens and pigs.
[/quote]

That would be canabalism![:D] (only kidding honest)

[/quote]

And now you bring goats into it! I thought this had become a thread about NCFC urban myths?