Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

Difference between a fan and supporter?

Dear All.

After reading through your many many posts I have come to the conclusion that I dont actually understand what a fan or a supporter is.

If you are a fan/supporter do you slate your manager/players/board?. Do you not accept  (regardless of whether you agree with the appointment of Bryan Gunn) that we all ned to "support" the team and hope they do well?. If you put half as much passion into supporting the team as you do slagging off Bryan Gunn, Delia Smith, Archant etc we would be one hell of a force.

I am absolutely sure I will join the list of "the slated" right now for writing this but I dont care. Slating me will not affect the team you vow to "support".

Quite simply..there are fans on here, there are supporters on here.......and there are whining, miserable, sad little people who are only happy when they are moaning and groaning about something. Support the club or sod off and "Support" someone else.

Lord Norwich

[quote user="Lord Norwich"]

Dear All.

After reading through your many many posts I have come to the conclusion that I dont actually understand what a fan or a supporter is.

If you are a fan/supporter do you slate your manager/players/board?. Do you not accept  (regardless of whether you agree with the appointment of Bryan Gunn) that we all ned to "support" the team and hope they do well?. If you put half as much passion into supporting the team as you do slagging off Bryan Gunn, Delia Smith, Archant etc we would be one hell of a force.

I am absolutely sure I will join the list of "the slated" right now for writing this but I dont care. Slating me will not affect the team you vow to "support".

Quite simply..there are fans on here, there are supporters on here.......and there are whining, miserable, sad little people who are only happy when they are moaning and groaning about something. Support the club or sod off and "Support" someone else.

Lord Norwich

[/quote]

.....and there are petty little knobs like you who think they know the lot.

I suggest you sod off instead and let the club find its feet again once all of you luvvies have moved on to the next trendy weekend activity.....

Fear not though... the real club supporters will remain behind to put right what you and your Deliarite chums have buggered up.

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Lord Norwich"]

Dear All.

Lord Norwich

[/quote]

I suggest you sod off instead and let the club find its feet again once all of you luvvies have moved on to the next trendy weekend activity.....

Fear not though... the real club supporters will remain behind to put right what you and your Deliarite chums have buggered up.

[/quote]

Does my opinion differ to yours Cluck?. Shoot me down quickly........Idiot

Actually Cluck...you are a real fan yes?.

Right then. If you are a real and honest fan are you older than 12?.

If so, you will remember the days of Robert Chase?.....well?

You will also remember then that Delia Smiths money saved the club that you are a real supporter of from going to the wall?.

You will have certainly been outside City Hall when we were promoted?

But now of course thing arent so good......so you bitch and moan.......thats a fairweather supporter and NOT a real supporter.....KNOBBER

Dear All.

Lord Norwich

[/quote]

[/quote]

[img]http://cavediving.org/fat%20man%20looking%20mirror.jpg[/img]

Delia Smith saved the club ...... hold on while i go and have a good laugh for a month or so , Delia Smith is the worst thing to happen to this club in its entire history , and i wont support a manager i dont think is qualified to manage an under 11s side .

Dear All.

Lord Norwich

[/quote]

I agree with this post!! 

So Come On ALL .. MAKE A NOISE AT CARROW ROAD - START PROVING YOU NOT GLOY SUPPORTERS! -

Here here!

Cluck, Smudger and Bruno can arouse each other round the back of Morrisons (a normal match day occurence for them I''m reliably informed) while REAL fans raise the roof in Carra Rud..

Apparently Cluck''s the "receiver".

Major

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Lord Norwich"]

Dear All.

Lord Norwich

[/quote]

[/quote]

[img]http://cavediving.org/fat%20man%20looking%20mirror.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

That supposed to be Rose Coloured Glasses?

Thanks mate, be careful though...Cluck will now stick another pin in his voodoo doll of Delia

[/quote]

LOL - Don''t CARE! Wot people think of ME !  .. Makes me relise that ... There is no "I" in Team ... US TRUE FAN have  to lead the WAY!

Makes me cry when people only see wot they want to see .. 80% of people at Carrow Road on saturday where Man U fans .. i asked some Man U fan next to me who was wearing the No 2 shirt for Manue and he could not tell me!!! throught he was very lazy .. but he could run and dribble with the ball very well!! 

OTBC

Such shallow drivel barely warrants a reply.... except to say that you and your ilk have put NCFC down in Division Three for the first time in 50 years.

Enjoy your glory.... you deserve it.

i think our club has a great fan base but i have to admit i am sick of happy clappers who have spoilt our club. these are the fans who CLAPPED the players of at charlton when we were AWFUL and we were relegated into the third tier of football. these morons need to seek medical help. we now do have to club together and give our new look team all the support possible.   

[quote user="glove1"]

i think our club has a great fan base but i have to admit i am sick of happy clappers who have spoilt our club. these are the fans who CLAPPED the players of at charlton when we were AWFUL and we were relegated into the third tier of football. these morons need to seek medical help. we now do have to club together and give our new look team all the support possible.   

[/quote]And the moaners, of which I was one, got rid of Robert chase and hailed in Delia,we should be careful history doesn''t repeat itself

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

Such shallow drivel barely warrants a reply.... except to say that you and your ilk have put NCFC down in Division Three for the first time in 50 years.

Enjoy your glory.... you deserve it.

[/quote]

Not really expecting a reply Your Saintliness but the first time I saw Norwich City you were safely anchored in the Third Division (South) in which as far as I know you languished in for the best part of the following decade once having to reapply to the Football League to be readmitted because you finished bottom (no relegation in those days and all the Old Blazers had to vote at the AGM to let you carry on which they duly did - same system in Scottish Div 3).

What I want to know Your Saintliness is whose fault was it that you were in the Third Division (South)?  Everyone else has been named and shamed subsequently but that crew have completely got away with it.

[quote user="glove1"]

[/quote]

hmm...........so if we lose to Colchester, will you quickly turn on our new look team and boo them off the pitch, does that make you any better than a happy clapper ??? [:$]

Dear All.

Lord Norwich

[/quote]

yeah nice one!I love sitting  back and watching the club i have supported for 30years, fall in to decline... Ill be supporting what ever division we play in, the fact the club is being raped from the inside out is the sad  reality we find ourselves in, why would i sit back and let this happen, yes we are doing the right thing by moving forward but to be happy............im not!! What gets me more is the fact the happy clappers defend there position, trying to tell me how well delia has done running the club!!It''s a joke and quicker she goes the better!

[quote user="glove1"]

[/quote]I didnt see any happy clappers at charlton!! but they are in numbers at carrow road!! This the legacyDelia and doomcaster have built, lets hope we look up from here!

[quote user="Norfolk Dumpling"]Lord Norwich, Are you aware that your Costessey Hall do longer exists?[/quote]

That that do...Thas down Gunton Lane

[/quote]Erm actually my Lord it wasn''t. It was down West End way and a tower is all that remains on the 17th hole of Costessey Park golf course. I''d recommend Ernest Gauge''s book on Costessey hall to you. An interesting read.

[quote user="NCFCRules V IPShitCrap"]Makes me relise that ... There is no "I" in Team[/quote]No, but going by the quality of your spelling, I''m sure you''ll manage to include it somewhere.

[quote user="Lord Norwich"]Come on Cluck. Wheres you response?. You conferring with Smudger?. You and him go to Pride yesterday?[/quote]what sort of comment is that supposed to be? that'' s the sort of the thing you would hear in a school playground. do you really think that inferring  someone is gay is some sort of insult? you are either stuck in a time warp or 12 years old....but in answer to your question, a fan is someone who ''follows'' a team, watches them on tv, will buy a replica shirt to wear down the pub.a supporter on the other hand is someone who literally supports a team, keeps them going either financially or by cheering them on.but being a supporter doesn''t always mean that you like whats going on, and that can manifest itself in many ways. you maybe watching the game from the stands and gunny makes a substitution you dont agree with it, it doesn''t mean that you dont support the team, in the same way that you may not agree with the current board and some of their decisions but that doesn''t make you any less of a supporter. if we all kept going to the games, no matter what, and kept quiet then nothing would change.  i love my friends and family, dont always like what they say and do but that doesn''t stop me from supporting them if they need help, same as this club.if 22,00 people turned up week in, week out, paying £25 each for the privilege, irrelevant of results or how far we dropped then the club would probably be better off financially as it would only have to pay a fraction of the current playing staff bill because we would just end up having a team of  youth players and old cloggers on a couple of hundred quid a week. who cares what league we are playing in, we may have cut our expenses by 90% but the ground is still full. it''s only when ''supporters'' voice their opinions and concerns that the board thinks that they may have to change things round, it''s the one thing we have as supporters over them, the fear that one day we wont turn up. I know that, generally, everyone on here will still turn up no matter what, but let''s not let them know that, it keeps them on their toes.and that''s the real difference between a fan and a supporter.born near the u.e.a.    

Dear All.

Lord Norwich

[/quote]

[/quote]

and todays winner is...st cluck

[quote user="Colchester Canary"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Lord Norwich"]

Dear All.

Lord Norwich

[/quote]

[/quote]

and todays winner is...st cluck

[/quote]

Dont be so silly

[quote user="plan b"][quote user="Lord Norwich"]Come on Cluck. Wheres you response?. You conferring with Smudger?. You and him go to Pride yesterday?[/quote]

what sort of comment is that supposed to be? that'' s the sort of the thing you would hear in a school playground. do you really think that inferring  someone is gay is some sort of insult? you are either stuck in a time warp or 12 years old.

...but in answer to your question, a fan is someone who ''follows'' a team, watches them on tv, will buy a replica shirt to wear down the pub.
a supporter on the other hand is someone who literally supports a team, keeps them going either financially or by cheering them on.
but being a supporter doesn''t always mean that you like whats going on, and that can manifest itself in many ways. you maybe watching the game from the stands and gunny makes a substitution you dont agree with it, it doesn''t mean that you dont support the team, in the same way that you may not agree with the current board and some of their decisions but that doesn''t make you any less of a supporter. if we all kept going to the games, no matter what, and kept quiet then nothing would change. 
i love my friends and family, dont always like what they say and do but that doesn''t stop me from supporting them if they need help, same as this club.

if 22,00 people turned up week in, week out, paying £25 each for the privilege, irrelevant of results or how far we dropped then the club would probably be better off financially as it would only have to pay a fraction of the current playing staff bill because we would just end up having a team of  youth players and old cloggers on a couple of hundred quid a week. who cares what league we are playing in, we may have cut our expenses by 90% but the ground is still full.
it''s only when ''supporters'' voice their opinions and concerns that the board thinks that they may have to change things round, it''s the one thing we have as supporters over them, the fear that one day we wont turn up.
I know that, generally, everyone on here will still turn up no matter what, but let''s not let them know that, it keeps them on their toes.
and that''s the real difference between a fan and a supporter.

born near the u.e.a.  

[/quote]

Hard original question.  Rather than talk about it I think I will quote my signature in Lincoln City''s 125th season (no sniggering at the back please):

"With less than 15 minutes to go there were 211 of us with the money.  We did it.  It nearly went but this year Lincoln City celebrate their 125th anniversary.  Am I proud of being part of that?  Yes, I am.  My money, my bank account.  Still stuck in Division Two but who cares?"

All I know is at that particular time there wasn''t a *******  message board warrior to be seen when they were asked to actually plunder their own bank account.

Perhaps things have changed or it is different up there?  Fan or supporter?  No idea.