Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Cherno Samba

he seems to have the worst record of any professional footballer...ever. In the last 7 years he''s made no more than 4 appearances all season and scored about 2 goals in that entire time.I would say steer well clear of this one. We only need Maric and the strike force is set. Id be happy with Holt, Maric, Martin and Cody.

One of the first ever articles that I had published was about Samba...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1175770/Ever-heard-Haka-Marsaxlokk-Austin-Aztex-The-comedy-clubs-tempted-Brits-abroad.htmlYou''ll notice that the article has a distinct Norwich feel to it... :-) He could have been a big name in the footballing world, sadly Samba is another could have been.Would rather see a youngster like Powell signing for us.

Yea Samba was very highly rated as a teenager at Millwall. I wouldn''t welcome this signing. He clearly as wasted his early talent and I see no reason to suggest he will achieve here.

Oh and Danny Gay is actually pretty good. Surely just here to provide cover for Steer and Rudd and to put himself in the window for other teams. The none league is actually full of quite good English keepers.

Anyone else remember how good this lad was on Champ Manager. Just about the greatest player in the world. Obviously having been released by plymouth he hasn''t quite fufilled his CM potential. He''s playing for us tonight against thetford.

[quote user="yossarian"]Anyone else remember how good this lad was on Champ Manager. Just about the greatest player in the world. Obviously having been released by plymouth he hasn''t quite fufilled his CM potential. He''s playing for us tonight against thetford.[/quote]

Yeah,He used to get 30-40 goals a season no matter you he was playing for. Really dont think we need him I think Martin should be given a chance(thats if we have Maric)

[quote user="Barclayman"]he seems to have the worst record of any professional footballer...ever. In the last 7 years he''s made no more than 4 appearances all season and scored about 2 goals in that entire time.I would say steer well clear of this one. We only need Maric and the strike force is set. Id be happy with Holt, Maric, Martin and Cody.[/quote]I''m not going to claim he''d be an excellent signing, but there are a hell of a lot of factors at play here.The guy got completely screwed over when he was younger and has struggled with this since then, particularly when clubs since just haven''t given him a proper chance to perform. In full game terms he got just 5 games in his time at Plymouth/Wrexham, including a number of games where he got less than 10 minutes on the pitch, not exactly the best scenario to perform in. We have to ask how he''d perform if given a run of games of 70 mins+ before just writing him off.It costs us nothing to have a look at the guy and see if there''s a chance of his youth potential ever resurfacing and whether his current abilities can offer us something different.I''d rather we looked at people on trial than took unnecessary gambles, as Gunn has already shown, if he doesn''t perform on trial, he''ll quickly be released, how about we wait and see what happens here?Indy.

[quote user="timncfc"]

[quote user="yossarian"]Anyone else remember how good this lad was on Champ Manager. Just about the greatest player in the world. Obviously having been released by plymouth he hasn''t quite fufilled his CM potential. He''s playing for us tonight against thetford.[/quote]

Yeah,He used to get 30-40 goals a season no matter you he was playing for. Really dont think we need him I think Martin should be given a chance(thats if we have Maric)

[/quote]Does anyone get increasingly paranoid about the Maric deal when we play another striking triallist? Or are we looking at Samba as a potential squad player?

Nothing much i''d love more than for Samba to sign and then score the goals that get us into the champions league by 2012 in true FM style!Sadly that just won''t happen

Sign him up i say.....no club and not much experience......im sure he would be glad if we offered him £500 a week....better than signing on for job seekers allowance?!

Do out of contrct players who dont find clubs actually sign on do you think?

If he still has pace and power what a nice story it would be.You see somone with size pace and power is rare and as soon as they are half decent they are worth so much money and hence why he gets chances.I wish nothing but success for this guy with us or in another club.

I see he scored tonight - can''t read too much into that I suppose, maybe have him about the squad on Saturday, see how he fares and make a decision from there.

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]If he still has pace and power what a nice story it would be.You see somone with size pace and power is rare and as soon as they are half decent they are worth so much money and hence why he gets chances.I wish nothing but success for this guy with us or in another club.[/quote]John Akinde matches those 3 points! Scored 7 in 11 for Wycombe aswell :)

i was reading the article with interest .

sounds to me the guy was a very hot prospect and lost his way .

some people live and learn and maybe given the chance and confidence and the right coaching he could be special .

worth a look at him

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

OJ who we had on loan last season had good pace...and no experience

Always signed him on Champ

[/quote]

The much maligned OJ wasn''t given much of chance last season. I saw him play at Coventry and at Southampton and was impressed with his pace, running and enthusiasm. IMHO he is definitely one for the future and I would have him back at NCFC like a shot this season. No chance of that happening though.

mmmmmm, 1 goal in 7yrs  ?  I''m no expert but that does''nt  sound exactly tooooo prolific to me lol. pls pls dont sign him gunny, uv''e done a good job so far with your signings dont ruine it all now.

[quote user="The Chirp"]One of the first ever articles that I had published was about Samba...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1175770/Ever-heard-Haka-Marsaxlokk-Austin-Aztex-The-comedy-clubs-tempted-Brits-abroad.htmlYou''ll notice that the article has a distinct Norwich feel to it... :-) He could have been a big name in the footballing world, sadly Samba is another could have been.Would rather see a youngster like Powell signing for us. [/quote]

Great and totally Norwich biased article there, good work!.... and Chris Bart Williams, he was a mid nineties Champ Manager legend! Awesome.

MichaelJBailey covered the match for the Pinkun on Twitter:

"Lovely bloke, Mr Samba. The goal will help his cause. He''s asked 4a quick decision from BG

A fleeting appearance but certainly not out of place from what I saw. Well done the boy."

I wonder if we''ll see more of him?

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Colchester Canary"]

[/quote]

The much maligned OJ wasn''t given much of chance last season. I saw him play at Coventry and at Southampton and was impressed with his pace, running and enthusiasm. IMHO he is definitely one for the future and I would have him back at NCFC like a shot this season. No chance of that happening though.

[/quote]

Saw OJ in the Gym about a fortnight ago - still wearing one of our training tops and a pair of our shorts.................thieving little git.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Colchester Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Saw OJ in the Gym about a fortnight ago - still wearing one of our training tops and a pair of our shorts.................thieving little git.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]maybe he''s a norwich fan!seriously tho, i feel sorry that it hasn''t worked out for the real life Sambe, so much so, that i''d love us to sign him on the cheap, Cortesque who was one of our better players last year IMO. I just wanna see him score 1 real life goal for us! i''d run on the pitch and celebrate with him (and Tonton can we get him too!).I''m hoping there''ll be games we''re 2 up in this year and we can whack samba on, or even in a game we''re 1 behind in.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Colchester Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

maybe he''s a norwich fan!

seriously tho, i feel sorry that it hasn''t worked out for the real life Sambe, so much so, that i''d love us to sign him on the cheap, Cortesque who was one of our better players last year IMO. I just wanna see him score 1 real life goal for us! i''d run on the pitch and celebrate with him (and Tonton can we get him too!).

I''m hoping there''ll be games we''re 2 up in this year and we can whack samba on, or even in a game we''re 1 behind in.
[/quote]

Yes, but Cort is 6''3" isn''t he and Samba is 5''10".

Every young player, or any footballer with potential, deserves a fair crack of the whip, but a second, a third & a fourth etc... Nay, I think the time has come for Cherno Sambo to look for another occupation.

[quote user="Shyster"]Every young player, or any footballer with potential, deserves a fair crack of the whip, but a second, a third & a fourth etc... Nay, I think the time has come for Cherno Sambo to look for another occupation.[/quote]

Before anyone starts, yes, I''ve just realised that I wrote sambo there, but that isn''t me being racist, it''s because I use to give him that as a nickname on Championship Manager 01/02.