Sign in to follow this  
Ali Dia

Main rivals for the top 6?

Much of muchness in this league.

I''m guessing that Charlton, Leeds, S''hampton (despite -10 start), Millwall, MK Dons, are the strongest oppostion, with perhaps Huddersfield and Tranmere offering an outside challenge.  Brentford seemed strong out of the teams up from the league below.  Thoughts.....

Leeds, Huddersfield and Charlton look like the ones to watch for me.

Very hard to say as is such a different league to the Champ, I think it could be very close.

Watch out for Brighton...finished strongly after getting in Slade, got bags of money behind them now through Dick Knight and could well be up there come the end of the seasonI really can''t see the saints being up there with or without their point deductionLeeds, Charlton, Huddersfield, Millwall, MKDons, Brighton for me

All this talk makes me nervous!I don''t rate Saints for it at all this season. MK Dons worry me a lot though. I hope Millwall don''t spank us again at their place.

charlton need to start signing some players if theyre to make a push for promotion. currently their team is nowhere near good enough.my top six in no particular order are;NorwichLeedsHuddersfieldMillwallMK Dons Charlton (if they pull their finger out + get taken over)Brentford do have as decent team, however I feel they are at least a striker short.

swindon have signed a few decent players but of course have lost Cox. I think Oldham tooo have signed well.

Charlton have not made many purchases but were perhaps an improving team at the end last season. Southampton seem to have sold most of their good players in a desperate sale. MK Dons Millwall and Leeds will be thereabouts, and Brighton have made one or two useful purchases and will be difficult to beat.You could stick in a pin to forecast the first two, but Leeds and Dons have been good for a few seasons. I suspect they could be the two promoted teams, with us in the play-offs with the others.We need a flying start to the season, and if we get one I think that we could be close to the the top 2.

Watch out for Brighton, my dark horses. Also don''t under estimate a team called Norwich City! [;)] Gillingham have got a decent squad as well!

[quote user="The Chirp"]charlton need to start signing some players if theyre to make a push for promotion. currently their team is nowhere near good enough. [/quote]

Good enough to beat Ipswitch though!!!!

I''m pretty much with you on this one, Lambo, but I''d have Exeter in there rather than Charlton.The effect of back-to-back promotions shouldn''t be underestimated and I reckon they''ll at least start strongly.Still think we''re going for automatic though [;)]

[quote user="Norwich"]Watch out for Brighton, my dark horses. Also don''t under estimate a team called Norwich City! [;)] Gillingham have got a decent squad as well![/quote]

Most people seem to have written off the promoted sides from League 2 for this coming season.

I too think that Gillingham as well as Brentford could go well, especially if they manage to cling on to Simeon Jackson.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Norwich"]Watch out for Brighton, my dark horses. Also don''t under estimate a team called Norwich City! [;)] Gillingham have got a decent squad as well![/quote]

Most people seem to have written off the promoted sides from League 2 for this coming season.

I too think that Gillingham as well as Brentford could go well, especially if they manage to cling on to Simeon Jackson.

[/quote]It''s a good point, there is usually at least one of the promoted sides who cause problems to the top teams

Just to ask, how many teams have got relegated from champ (or 1st div) and gone up next season ?

Just wondered if its a lot or not.

I think our main rivals will be:

Leeds, Brighton, Milton Keynes Dons, Charlton, Huddersfield and Millwall.

Brighton, in my opinion are going to be strong this year, as they have bought in some decent league 1 standard players and they of course finished strongly last year.

[quote user="Ali Dia"]

Much of muchness in this league.

I''m guessing that Charlton, Leeds, S''hampton (despite -10 start), Millwall, MK Dons, are the strongest oppostion, with perhaps Huddersfield and Tranmere offering an outside challenge.  Brentford seemed strong out of the teams up from the league below.  Thoughts.....

[/quote]

I think the biggest clues are the ins and outs............looking at the current LG1 transfers................

http://soccerlens.com/english-league-one-transfers/

I just dont get why you are big on Southampton?

They have lost most of their better players and have not brought any in.......... so much for the Billionaire owner?

with -10 points they are probably looking to just survive this year.

I think Charlton still have some quality and Leeds do also but wont spend much unless they get Delph money.

On quality/money Huddersfield and Brighton should do well.

Looking down the list of LG 1 transfers it should be obvious that nobody has added even close to the quality we have.........

Anything less than promotion this year will be failure especially if Charlton go into admin and start on -10 points.