Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

"It's all worryingly un-Norwich"

problem is, I think it will take more than one season to get a squad ready to get us out of the league. The situation we were put in by Grant/Roeder and the Board has meant we have had to start from scratch... as in, sign 12 new players. They take time to gel and bed in. hopefully they''ll go up first time, but if not and we still have a good season (play offs) i hope fans (loose term) don''t get on gunn''s back. If however we finish in 10th place obviously a change is needed. I am really looking forward to this season I''d like to add, quite pleased with the squad we have... it''s been a long time since i could say that!

I think that it is good thus far, and that BG has made the right moves in bringing people in.

However we have fallen a long way and it is not going to be easy to get back as Forest and Leeds found.  Just hope the team play with passion and desire, in which case I will cheer them on whatever league we are in.

Yes but every day he''s proving us all wrong.  A good squad assembled, a good pre season, he has  not put a foot wrong yet.[quote user="IncH_HigH"]The only thing that still worries me is the fact that Bryan Gunn is our manager. If ever there was a weak link he is it.[/quote]

I think the backroom team are where it is going to count, if they can coach the team well and get them playing like a unit I will be thrilled.

No more disinterested players not bothering to track back etc is not too much to ask for.

I''ll believe it when I see it, I think we will be a top half finish maybe play-offs if we''re lucky but as we''ve only really had 2 good seasons out of the the last 13 years, the stats suggests that I''m being wildly optimistic.

[quote user="ACE"]Yes but every day he''s proving us all wrong.  A good squad assembled, a good pre season, he has  not put a foot wrong yet.[quote user="IncH_HigH"]The only thing that still worries me is the fact that Bryan Gunn is our manager. If ever there was a weak link he is it.[/quote][/quote]

I''m genuinely amazed none of the usual people have picked up on that post and stated the usual "except get us religated" line.

It''s all about potential at the moment, which looks very good to me and I''m feeling optimistic. I also feel that the pre-season has been well organised and well managed. The quality of play has been improving throughout, but Wigan will be a real test.

I think the first four matches will give the first indication of where City will finish. I certainly feel a top six finish is within reach, and if consistency of performance can be achieved (as it has been so far in the pre-season) then I think we will be competing for a top 2 finish. Here''s hoping anyway! OTBC! [B]

[quote user="Mushroom"]Whole-heartedly agree, this pre-season however, does bode well for the season ahead. It''s been one of the most productive in years.[/quote]

I''m not trying to put a negative stance on what you''ve said, as I also feel very optimistic about the season ahead with the squad we now have. But I am concerned that it will end up the same as every other season ... We always ''think'' our summer spending has been productive, but how often does that prove correct?
We were all happy when Grant brought in the likes of Brellier and Strihavka, happy with the squad Roeder assembled, etc. I just hope this year doesn''t turn out to be such a dissapointment as well.

For me the writing was on the wall that things might not go swimmingly when i saw the Spurs friendly last year, although i didn''t expect us to do quite as badly as we did.

This summer though i can''t find a negative in things. Obviously we need to see them playing competitively first before we do get excited.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Mushroom"]Whole-heartedly agree, this pre-season however, does bode well for the season ahead. It''s been one of the most productive in years.[/quote]

I''m not trying to put a negative stance on what you''ve said, as I also feel very optimistic about the season ahead with the squad we now have. But I am concerned that it will end up the same as every other season ... We always ''think'' our summer spending has been productive, but how often does that prove correct?
We were all happy when Grant brought in the likes of Brellier and Strihavka, happy with the squad Roeder assembled, etc. I just hope this year doesn''t turn out to be such a dissapointment as well.

[/quote]

It''s a different type of optimism though Shaun. Unlike the last few seasons, we''re building a brand new foundation for Norwich City Football Club. We''re starting from scratch, and the early indications are promising.

[quote user="ACE"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]The only thing that still worries me is the fact that Bryan Gunn is our manager. If ever there was a weak link he is it.[/quote]Yes but every day he''s proving us all wrong.  A good

squad assembled, a good pre season, he has  not put a foot wrong yet.[/quote]Except to get us relegated.

I wonder if Doncasters departure and his replacement have had anything to do with this "new" Norwich....

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I wonder if Doncasters departure and his replacement have had anything to do with this "new" Norwich....[/quote]

I don''t think there is much doubt that this has a lot to do with it!

Incidentally, i live in the midlands and in last night''s local paper they asked the 4 local sports reporters for their predictions for this season...and 3 of the 4 reckoned us and Leeds would be 1st and 2nd. The other didn''t have us in the top 6...but then he is a git anyway! [:D]

I too think the new CEO and Chairman have made a massive difference.

Success starts at the top and pours down to the rest of the players and staff. It appears we have two quality people at the top now that have given us an air of professionalism and stabilty that hasn''t been there for many a year

Since McNally and co have come in it has changed this football club in unbelievable quantities, which is just what we''ve needed.

I think with Doomcaster and Mumbles we''d still be chasing loans to make the numbers, and we''d end up snapping Peter Thorne up as our deadline day coup.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I wonder if Doncasters departure and his replacement have had anything to do with this "new" Norwich....[/quote]I''d say 99% to do with it. McNally is the best thing to happen to this club since... Since... I''m tempted to say Delia''s Drunken Rant?

lets give up 10 games b4 all the muppets and sheep realize its physcho delia that needs to go

[quote user="loz h"]lets give up 10 games b4 all the muppets and sheep realize its physcho delia that needs to go[/quote]

Ohhh come on, you must see BG is doing what he promised. (less your blind or want us relegated!!! )

I think he will do great, and get us up this season. No doubt theres going to be some who see us doing nothing.

But, looking at the message board, theres lots thinking we will hold our own this season

OTBC