Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Striker targets for the season?

Cody mac - likely not to be auto starter, so i''ll go for 10, but happy with 5Holt - 20 happy enough with 15 if all round play''s good and others help out for goals, like Cantona at Man UCureton - tough one really, could be really good, but i''d be happy with 10Martin - as canary02 inspired this post, see his post on Martin, probably say i''d be happy with near enough 10 goals, but would like 20Maric - suppose 10 too.Guess a settled 2 will form eventually, but i hope they can all contribute well and i''d set the wingers a target of 5 goals, Gill 5 goals and the rest a couple of goals

Think the bar has been raised nowadays since Ronaldo hit 30 league goals all be it totally different league,mind you could say 8 more league games evens things up slightly but your main striker has got to aim for 25 with  two others pitching in 30 between them.Look at Leeds last season 50+ between Beckford & Becchio and still in this league. 

I think Nelson could be a key goalgetter this season to back the strikers up. It''s been a while since we had a big centre-half battering through at set pieces (Only really Martin Taylor since Malky) and he may well weigh in with some crucial goals.

We need our big strikers to hit us out of this league, so I''m looking for 20 (plus) each from Maric and Holt; no reason why Holt at least shouldn''t manage this if he gets the service. And he has no doubt that that''s what he''s been hired for. Not sure about Maric, but Gunn et al have obviously seen something in him, and he''s looked good for his goals so far. From Martin, I would hope 10 to 15, similarly Cody but for both it will depend on the amount of play they get. Cureton, I would see coming on as a sub or if we get hit with injuries; maybe 5 if we''re lucky. I expect our midfield to come in with a good tally, but that''s for another post.

History tells us that teams who have strikers who can bang in 20+ per season are there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

I think in Holt and Maric we have a pairing that can bag 30+ between them. Goals from midfield is a must and I agree that Nelson could weigh in with a few. Askou might also bag a few.

It''s the back up strikers that give cause for concern. If Holt or Maric gets injured, then can we call upon one of Martin, McDonald or Cureton (ha ha) to get 15 goals? I think not.

Difficult to predict, as it depends on how many games each they playIf major injuries are avoided, I would suggest:Holt 15Maric 15Martin 12Cody 10McV 8Cureton 5I think we could be surprised by goals from midfield and defenceTudor Jones 5Gill 5Whaley 5Hughes 3Wes 3Adayemi 2Patti 1Nelson/Doc/Askou 3 eachThis is probably on the optimistic side, but I really feel that this season if everything works ojut we shall have far more firing power.

Not directly in line with this thread, I know, but I am surprised that Lua Lua disappeared from the English football scene. I see he is now in Qatar and is now 27/28 years old. he seemed such a great prospect at one time. Personally, I think it would be great to see him at Norwich.

[quote user="one 4 the future"]Think the bar has been raised nowadays since Ronaldo hit 30 league goals all be it totally different league,mind you could say 8 more league games evens things up slightly but your main striker has got to aim for 25 with  two others pitching in 30 between them.Look at Leeds last season 50+ between Beckford & Becchio and still in this league. [/quote]

Wow the bar has been raised, Cureton may be useful after all!

[quote user="Salopian"]Difficult to predict, as it depends on how many games each they play

If major injuries are avoided, I would suggest:
Holt 15
Maric 15
Martin 12
Cody 10
McV 8
Cureton 5

I think we could be surprised by goals from midfield and defence
Tudor Jones 5
Gill 5
Whaley 5
Hughes 3
Wes 3
Adayemi 2
Patti 1

Nelson/Doc/Askou 3 each

This is probably on the optimistic side, but I really feel that this season if everything works ojut we shall have far more firing power.
[/quote]

If there league goals we will prob be close to breaking a record, most goals scored in a season!! u really think we will get 24 goals from midfield? would love this to be true but we wont score 98 league goals in a season!

I love pre season optimism! The trouble is Norwich never ever have had a history of high scoring strikers. Every now and again there is a rare exception, is this likely to change now? I hope so, but sadly doubt it :(

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Holt - 20 happy enough with 15 if all round play''s good and others help out for goals, like Cantona at Man U[/quote]Cantona is going to help us too - Oh man this will be a great season, don''t think he plays for Utd anymore though.

[quote user="Rivvo"]

[quote user="one 4 the future"]Think the bar has been raised nowadays since Ronaldo hit 30 league goals all be it totally different league,mind you could say 8 more league games evens things up slightly but your main striker has got to aim for 25 with  two others pitching in 30 between them.Look at Leeds last season 50+ between Beckford & Becchio and still in this league. [/quote]

Wow the bar has been raised, Cureton may be useful after all!

[/quote]Lol,doubt it JC target this year is the clock.

[quote user="Dean Coney''s boots"Those suggestions are ludicrous.

It is far more likely to look something like this.

Holt 9

Maric 17

Curo 1

Martin 5

McDonald 3/quote]
i''m on about targets, not what you expect them to do, can u honestly say curo will be targeting 1 goal this year! i know i put all the strikers at least 10, but they shuld all be looking to play regularly and i bet if you speak to them, they all wanna aim for at least 10 goals.