Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Where do people think we will finish?

Without getting too carried away, I''ll plump for an optimistic 4th.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="shortfatb"]Blimey! There must be a Purists meeting on, with everyone being so positive. On their behalf can I just say, "you bunch of sad act happy clapping Delia lovers with no idea about football, grasping at straws and getting over excited about a load of free transfers, lower league rejects and kids. Gunny has proven that he hasn''t got a clue how to manage as he used to be in marketing and there may be changes in the board but they are still Delia''s puppets and until she''s gone nothing will improve" There, saves them all the trouble of posting.[/quote]

There are now people being positive and optimistic concerning the squad and its prospective chances (myself included). Then along comes you to stir up unwanted friction. Give it a rest.

Hypocrisy at its finest....You''re actually no better and certainly on level par with the people you so criticise.

[/quote]Friends there comes a time where even really funny guys like me Mr. Mello Yello have to take a moment out from being perpetually hilarious to say hey guys enough is enough, I''m a funny guy not a fighter. Let''s hug. Never claimed to be better, just different.  

"shortfatb" Wrote

Blimey! There must be a Purists meeting on, with everyone being so positive. On their behalf can I just say, "you bunch of sad act happy clapping Delia lovers with no idea about football, grasping at straws and getting over excited about a load of free transfers, lower league rejects and kids. Gunny has proven that he hasn''t got a clue how to manage as he used to be in marketing and there may be changes in the board but they are still Delia''s puppets and until she''s gone nothing will improve"

There, saves them all the trouble of posting.

I think it was a joke mello, lighten up man.

Take a nice stiff drink, and look at it again

I''m cautiously optimistic but also a little concerned about whether a squad with twelve (at the very least, with further signings and the kids back from Luton it''s probably more) new faces can gel sufficiently to hit the ground running. It''s also difficult to predict with any real certainty as there are so many new signings that I''ve never seen play before.My heart is saying top six but my head says we''ll just miss out. I think we''ll be in contention for a play off place right up until the end of the season though.7th.

End of last season i was predicting Mid table

2-3 Weeks ago i was predicting 6th/7th

Now i''m predicting 3rd, pushing for 2nd.

Blimey - such optimism for a set of players we have not seen play competetively!

It is refreshing to read but also frighteningly scary - I just hope things dont go ugly IF we dont start well as based on this thread there could be a lot of disappointed fans.

[quote user="bloodwagon"]

"shortfatb" Wrote

Blimey! There must be a Purists meeting on, with everyone being so positive. On their behalf can I just say, "you bunch of sad act happy clapping Delia lovers with no idea about football, grasping at straws and getting over excited about a load of free transfers, lower league rejects and kids. Gunny has proven that he hasn''t got a clue how to manage as he used to be in marketing and there may be changes in the board but they are still Delia''s puppets and until she''s gone nothing will improve" There, saves them all the trouble of posting.

I think it was a joke mello, lighten up man.

Take a nice stiff drink, and look at it again

[/quote]Thanks BW, that''s all it was, not a great one admittedly.