Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Where do people think we will finish?

Keeping Beckford is a massive boost for them, and I''m sure he will top score in this league again, but I really can''t see why everyone thinks that Leeds are going to suddenly win the league this year.  They are no more than play-off contenders.

Top 3 I reckon.

William hill are offering 7/1 for us to win the league or 5/2 to get promoted - think I might be tempted by the latter!

I genuinely don''t have any clue, for me we literally could end up anywhere in that table such is the un-known factors around the team and management right now.

Don''t worry about Beckford (whilst you wouldn''t wish it on anyone) he''ll get injured for the season in mid august.

We''ll finish top 4

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]

Top 3 I reckon.

William hill are offering 7/1 for us to win the league or 5/2 to get promoted - think I might be tempted by the latter!

[/quote]i had £10 on both [Y]

I am going top say 3rd, just missing out on second spot. We will however have a great cup run, in one of the competitions, and have a play off final at Wembley.

Positive we will storm the league and finish 1st. I think the players Gunn has brought in look at Norwich as a step up, and as a result i dont think we will struggle against the lesser sides like we have in the past. Most of the 1st team now will be playing there biggest season of there career so far, and this will tell.

Blimey! There must be a Purists meeting on, with everyone being so positive. On their behalf can I just say, "you bunch of sad act happy clapping Delia lovers with no idea about football, grasping at straws and getting over excited about a load of free transfers, lower league rejects and kids. Gunny has proven that he hasn''t got a clue how to manage as he used to be in marketing and there may be changes in the board but they are still Delia''s puppets and until she''s gone nothing will improve" There, saves them all the trouble of posting.

A lot will depend on how soon all the new players gel together, but if they do gel quickly, i think that winning the league is well within the squad we have.

[quote user="Georgie Bless"]442 magazine predicts a 15th place finish for us.. Bit harsh I think![/quote]When it was put together we probably had only bought Gill, they''ll eat their words!

I believe we will finish in the top 6 but with a bit of luck, the automatic promottion places are up for grabs.

I still think we need an out and out goalscorer as all three promoted teams last year had a strike partnership which scored 40 goals between them.

[quote user="shortfatb"]Blimey! There must be a Purists meeting on, with everyone being so positive. On their behalf can I just say, "you bunch of sad act happy clapping Delia lovers with no idea about football, grasping at straws and getting over excited about a load of free transfers, lower league rejects and kids. Gunny has proven that he hasn''t got a clue how to manage as he used to be in marketing and there may be changes in the board but they are still Delia''s puppets and until she''s gone nothing will improve"

There, saves them all the trouble of posting.
[/quote]

There are now people being positive and optimistic concerning the squad and its prospective chances (myself included). Then along comes you to stir up unwanted friction. Give it a rest.

Hypocrisy at its finest....You''re actually no better and certainly on level par with the people you so criticise.