Sign in to follow this  
LQ

International clearance

I put this in the comments box on the live feed but there seem to be some problems with it so I wondered if anyone on here knows the answer?Maric and Askou couldn''t play today as international clearance hasn''t come through. Isn''t it odd that they could play in friendlies for us as trialists but not once they''ve signed? I thought international clearance only applied to competitive matches.Can anyone shed any light?

[quote user="LQ"]I put this in the comments box on the live feed but there seem to be some problems with it so I wondered if anyone on here knows the answer?

Maric and Askou couldn''t play today as international clearance hasn''t come through. Isn''t it odd that they could play in friendlies for us as trialists but not once they''ve signed? I thought international clearance only applied to competitive matches.

Can anyone shed any light?

[/quote]

I think the problem starts once they sign a permanent contract......

[quote user="LQ"]I put this in the comments box on the live feed but there seem to be some problems with it so I wondered if anyone on here knows the answer?

Maric and Askou couldn''t play today as international clearance hasn''t come through. Isn''t it odd that they could play in friendlies for us as trialists but not once they''ve signed? I thought international clearance only applied to competitive matches.

Can anyone shed any light?

[/quote]

When they are on trial they don''t have to have an official registration with the Football League.  As soon as they sign a permanent contract they need that and the documentation has to be examined by the FL before they will issue them with a Player Registration No (the one that goes on the team sheet to the FL and the Ref).

yeah yeah, but this was a friendly the idea being about trying new things out, maric askou sidelined seems pointless

important thing FRIENDLY

[quote user="Shake n Vac the basd meerkat up"]because football HQ is moving to Wembley and there''s a backlog
[/quote]

It blows my mind that they decide to make a move like this during one of the busiest transfer periods.........

Any delay is likely to be over obtaining the international registrations.  I very much doubt that there will be much delay at the FL.  They work weekends at this time of the year to process registrations.

[quote user="CT "]Any thoughts on the estimated time it should take to complete their clearance Cam?

I assume because Theo played today he can play no probs next week?
[/quote]

I would expect it to be sorted well in time for Saturday''s game.  Theo''s clearance is already sorted.  It can all be done by fax with the original documents to follow.