Sign in to follow this  
Canaries4ever

Doherty

No its not his fault, but people knock him because he is plainly no good up there, so why doesnt he express this as is his right?

I must admit i am not too impressed with the Doc as yet, and i disagree with your point saying he tries his best as you will see in my comments below. I know he apparently is a more accomplished defender than he is striker. I hope for our sake this is true or i am afraid this signing will prove to be a big waste of money. Harsh but true. I just cannot see what he brings to the attack. He does not hold up the ball well. when he does lay it off it seems always to go to the opposition. He does not close down or run about much and most importantly he does not score goals. I was at Liverpool yesterday and he was quite frankly useless. When the supporters got what they had been calling throughout the first half for and Leon Mckenzie was put on at half time we actually looked lively up front. He was attacking every ball. Winning headers and causing the Liverpool defense problems. Now he has proven to be a finisher and should be given his chance at this level. We cannot afford to keep persisting with Doherty up front when he is clearly not good enough. You will probably slate me for this but i am entitled to an opinion and i feel it is one many agree with. Thanks

I am sure Worthy signed him as a defender but the form of Flem and Charlton as a pair has meant he cant play in his normal position.What does it say about Worthys faith in the rest of the clubs strikers though? cos it is clear that the doc is not up to the task as a prem striker.OTBC