Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

Looks like Dario Dumic will be travelling with the 1st team squad for every game this year.........

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]With a name like Dario Dumic i''m not surprised he can speak Serbian, is he eligible for Serbia as well as Denmark?[/quote]

he has played for Denmark u 17, but I am not sure of anything alse or what his family heritage is?

Obviously you don''t just learn Serbian..............

This actually works out well for both Dario and Goran.

I am sure Goran will be learning popular English phrases in no time at all.........

Imagine Borat saying............"Mr Ref you is blinder than Bulgarian gypsy"

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Flown from the nest says Dumic was born in Sarajevo, we''ve got 3 Serbians in our squad then[/quote]

None will ever be as good as our first Serbian - the "great" Drazen Muzinic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/8178908.stm

love the bit when Askou says he though all players in England were 2m tall and could head the ball 80 yards, maybe he saw a Stoke game last season

Dumic is actually Bosnian, but he shares a language, Serbo-Croatian, with both Maric and Stefanovic. I thought he did well, but towards the end behaved like the (fidgety)teenager he still is, and started to jig his leg. I found it quite touching.

Gunn Mentioned That Maric Spoke Little English, But It Appears That He Speaks NO English!! Dumic Had To Translate And Speak Everything For Him. Pretty Impressive To Be Honest, And Dumic Is Only 17...........

[quote user="Jen Jen"]Gunn Mentioned That Maric Spoke Little English, But It Appears That He Speaks NO English!! Dumic Had To Translate And Speak Everything For Him. Pretty Impressive To Be Honest, And Dumic Is Only 17...........[/quote]

LOL, I loved the reports in one of the scotish games where the ref gave Maric a good "talking too" after a stiff tackle with Maric looking puzzled......

I am guessing we might have to warn refs that he doesn''t speak English and they are wasting their time................

[quote user="USAcanary"]Is it just me or is Goran Maric the oldest looking 25 year old you have ever seen?[/quote]Yes, but only until Croft turns 25! [img]http://www.canaries.co.uk/javaImages/9a/15/0,,10355~3347866,00.jpg[/img]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Flown from the nest says Dumic was born in Sarajevo, we''ve got 3 Serbians in our squad then[/quote]

None will ever be as good as our first Serbian - the "great" Drazen Muzinic

[/quote]To be REALLY picky, the "great" Muzinic was Croatian!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I guess Dejan will also be able to help with the translating if he is around for the season.[/quote]

Hmmmm, I am guessing no but who knows?

I think the signing of Askou could signal one of the CBs not getting any playing time...........

I think we might loan Dejan out if another club needs one for cover and we have no injuries.