Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

442 Magazines prediction

Hmmmm...im guessing that we have signed a lot after this got written! I have just got Septembers edition posted through my letterbox and to my surprise this is there forecast for the season.....

1 Leeds

2 Southend

3 Brentford

4 MK

5 Millwall

6 Gillingham

7 Huddersfield

8 Bristol Rvrs

9 Exeter

10 Leyton O

11Charlton

12 Col U

13 Brighton

14 Oldham

15 NORWICH CITY

16 Hartlepool

17 Walsall

18 Swindon

19 Soton

20 Yeovil

21 Wycombe

22 Tranmere

23 Carlisle

24 Stockport

Im tempted to cancel my subscription as there knowledge baffles me!

Oh and they think the binners will finish 2nd!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Hmmmm...im guessing that we have signed a lot after this got written! I have just got Septembers edition posted through my letterbox and to my surprise this is there forecast for the season.....

1 Leeds

2 Southend

3 Brentford

4 MK

5 Millwall

6 Gillingham

7 Huddersfield

8 Bristol Rvrs

9 Exeter

10 Leyton O

11Charlton

12 Col U

13 Brighton

14 Oldham

15 NORWICH CITY

16 Hartlepool

17 Walsall

18 Swindon

19 Soton

20 Yeovil

21 Wycombe

22 Tranmere

23 Carlisle

24 Stockport

Im tempted to cancel my subscription as there knowledge baffles me!

Oh and they think the binners will finish 2nd!

[/quote]

That is funny, maybe it was picked outof a hat!!

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]CUSDP, is this the one with the seperate pullout mag, full season guide? It''s the only time of the year I buy 442, might have to pop to the shop![/quote]

yes high tower. it is.

Theres a football boot pullout to but they dont sell canoes big wnough for you! Can you give me text updates today?

Hmm Southend - a club with such high prospects for this season they''ve just had to sign two defenders on loan from their local rivals! [:|]

The year we got relegated from prem i bought it and it said we would go straight back up as champions. look what happened there, just show that they know very little.

[quote user="Delia really it was nothing."]The year we got relegated from prem i bought it and it said we would go straight back up as champions. look what happened there, just show that they know very little.[/quote]I think we all thought we''d be top or thereabouts. I think it actually shows that football is weird and unpredictable. I remember reading that we were certainties for relegation in the season that we got the playoff final!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]CUSDP, is this the one with the seperate pullout mag, full season guide? It''s the only time of the year I buy 442, might have to pop to the shop![/quote]

yes high tower. it is.

Theres a football boot pullout to but they dont sell canoes big wnough for you! Can you give me text updates today?

[/quote]

Will do mate. Haha....nice one! I''m only size 14 and have a pair of boots thanks!

Good. The seasons we''ve been predicted to do well we''ve always done naff! But even so, a bit surprised that they''ve put us that low.

442 are completely clueless!!! I remember they once did a top 50 players in the Championship spread....Hux was in his prime (think it was our 1st season back in the championship).....Hux was not even in it!! Earnshaw was 17th I think....even Adam Dury was in there!!

The football world hates us, ignores us and ridicules us - lets hope we can ram it back down their throats!

Im pretty sure one of the co-editors of 442 magazine is a Norwich fan, as mentioned in the August Edition. Like many other Norwich fans seems to be a tad pessemistic, but may have not had new signings taken into account. x

I actually think they will not be far out in the end.

Our fans have such short memories.  Remember Gunn''s last six games!  Clueless!

I think we have made some of the best signings in League 1 so far this summer, as well as some former Championship standard we have a decent squad.

Why they think we will finish 15th baffles me, i think we will comfortably finish top half, towards the higher end of the table

[quote user="Norwichrossi"]

I think we have made some of the best signings in League 1 so far this summer, as well as some former Championship standard we have a decent squad.

Why they think we will finish 15th baffles me, i think we will comfortably finish top half, towards the higher end of the table

[/quote]

Really? Ill give you Hughes and Holt, but the rest, Ill wait for a few games to pass judgement.

I''ve still got the 4-4-2 pre-season issue from last season, i''l having a look through that to see how many they got right before i pass judgement.

Looking at it i don''t agree with us being 15th but all the other teams are pretty close to where you would expect them to be.... i hope it''s not our pre season optimism making us think we are better than we are!!!

[quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

Gunn (his team) is undefeated in his (its) last six games, What planet have you been living on?

[quote user="Rock the Boat"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

Gunn (his team) is undefeated in his (its) last six games, What planet have you been living on?

[/quote]

Gunns last 6 PROPER games!!! Not meaningless friendlys played to get players fit.

Give it a rest rock the boat!

Have to say that I am surprised by 442, used to think that they were more of a ''proper'' mag but perhaps they are going the way of everyone else and only being interested in the top league(s).

Southend and Brentford in particular have done nothing much at all to suggest that they will be in the top 3, and the bookies certainly don''t agree with 442: a quick look on easyodds.com shows the best odds for us to achieve promotion (ie not just to win the league) = 9/4, second favourites behind Leeds; Brentford are 14th (12/1) and Southend 10th at 8/1....imo that is surely far more realistic.

Still, predictions are just that, and everyone''s entitled to their view: we just have to show how wrong they are.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Have to say that I am surprised by 442, used to think that they were more of a ''proper'' mag but perhaps they are going the way of everyone else and only being interested in the top league(s). Southend and Brentford in particular have done nothing much at all to suggest that they will be in the top 3, and the bookies certainly don''t agree with 442: a quick look on easyodds.com shows the best odds for us to achieve promotion (ie not just to win the league) = 9/4, second favourites behind Leeds; Brentford are 14th (12/1) and Southend 10th at 8/1....imo that is surely far more realistic. Still, predictions are just that, and everyone''s entitled to their view: we just have to show how wrong they are.[/quote]

If you have two opinions that are wildly different.

One is some magazine and the other is the sportsbetting market place then you should always go with the sportbetting market place......

It''s not even close.................

I bet you could get odds of 2 to 1 or better on Norwich finishing 15th or worse.

I would personally offer those odds.

Someone should call out this mag and ask them WHY they think we will finish 15th when we are one of the bookies favs for promotion.........

[quote user="PBTC"]Hmm Southend - a club with such high prospects for this season they''ve just had to sign two defenders on loan from their local rivals! [:|][/quote]

Well they got the top team right anyway ;)

That as a whole is very baffling. Southend 2nd no chance! Cant see Southampton finishing so low even with that deduction