Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

No sign of Matty P

He was at training Thursday, did not look too interested and couldn''t cross the ball for toffee but he was there.

[quote user="TheCardinal"]He''s on paternity leave. Entitled to it by law.[/quote]

If that really is true, when in the week leading up to a new season a manager is judging his squad as to who starts the first match, then he really can''t have any complaints if he never gets picked again!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="TheCardinal"]He''s on paternity leave. Entitled to it by law.[/quote]

If that really is true, when in the week leading up to a new season a manager is judging his squad as to who starts the first match, then he really can''t have any complaints if he never gets picked again!

[/quote]As an employer I can tell you that to discriminate against somebody for taking leave to which they are lawfully entitled is a sure fire way to end up in front of a tribunal you cannot win. In this mad world in which we live if I advertised a vacancy and an applicant was unable to attend interview because his wife went into labour and in his absence I awarded the job to another applicant again I''d likely find myself in a tribunal and writing cheques. I understand what you''re saying but any such decision has to be made for other reasons however tenuously.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

As an employer I can tell you that to discriminate against somebody for taking leave to which they are lawfully entitled is a sure fire way to end up in front of a tribunal you cannot win. In this mad world in which we live if I advertised a vacancy and an applicant was unable to attend interview because his wife went into labour and in his absence I awarded the job to another applicant again I''d likely find myself in a tribunal and writing cheques. I understand what you''re saying but any such decision has to be made for other reasons however tenuously.
[/quote]

well all that maybe true, but I don''t believe that any footballer would take anymore than a day off for paternity leave, especially when you consider that they usually finish training about 12 noon to 1 o''clock everyday, even more so when  they are part of a squad where competition for places is keen.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

As an employer I can tell you that to discriminate against somebody for taking leave to which they are lawfully entitled is a sure fire way to end up in front of a tribunal you cannot win. In this mad world in which we live if I advertised a vacancy and an applicant was unable to attend interview because his wife went into labour and in his absence I awarded the job to another applicant again I''d likely find myself in a tribunal and writing cheques. I understand what you''re saying but any such decision has to be made for other reasons however tenuously.
[/quote]

well all that maybe true, but I don''t believe that any footballer would take anymore than a day off for paternity leave, especially when you consider that they usually finish training about 12 noon to 1 o''clock everyday, even more so when  they are part of a squad where competition for places is keen.

[/quote]

So he would get back to Newcastle about 6 pm then? See his girlfriend and baby, get something to eat, few hours kip and up about 3 in the morning ready to travel to Norwich in his underpants?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Right on, much better to make sure the manager doesn''t discriminate against you all season because you missed a week of work to be with your new born son! Stooopid football player! For God''s sake, he should have asked his wife to cross her legs for a little longer!

Hang on!! I remember football and cricket players leaving tours of foreign countries and friendly internationals leading up to proper games so they could go on paternity leave and far more high profile than Pattison too! This is terrible!!

If he has other more important things on his mind he will be no use as a player he has already shown low commitment in training, I''m sure in a few months he''ll be back in training properly and in the squad

[quote user="TheCardinal"]He''s on paternity leave. Entitled to it by law.[/quote]Thought he looked large at Dartford! As a new Mum he gets at least 3 months doesn''t he?