Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Sir Bobby Robson, 1933-2009

After seeing Sir Bobby on the TV not so long back, this news is not unexpected but it''s heartbreaking none the less.

A truly great man & a real gentleman.

RIP Sir Bobby.

My thoughts & respects go out to his family, God Bless.

[U]

Very sad to hear Sir Bobby had finally succumbed to that horrible disease, I have just been watching the news with a lump in my throat from start to finish. A true football legend and a very honourable man who will be sadly missed, RIP Sir Bobby.

In todays footballing world I am humbled to hear the stories people have re-called about Sir Bobby.

He was a Gentleman in all senses of the word and it is a shame more managers could not take a leaf out of his book.

The fact he has touched so many lives not only in the UK but all around the world just shows the class of the man.

I can''t help laughing and shedding a tear when you hear the stories people say about the man who always kept the common touch and never forgot his roots wherever he was in the hierachy of football.

Rest in Peace Sir Bobby,my thoughts go out to his family.

Will always remember the pleasure the legend that was Sir Bobby Robson, gave me during Italia 90. So successful, so passionate, such a gentleman and character. A great loss to the world, not just of football. His enthusiasim has never been matched. People call players "legends" too easily, they should remember what Sir Bob achieved before using it. He was never one to get into bitching like Fergie or Wenger, just had imense passion and he will be sorely missed, thanks for the memorys, and there are plenty. International and club genius.

RIP Sir Bobby Robson

A true legend and a true gentleman to boot. If more people involved with the game were half the man he was, football would be so much better.

One of the very, very few people to transcend the Ipswich-Norwich rivalry. No matter who you are or support, if you were into football you had respect for Sir Bob. A sad day for football and my thoughts are with his family. RIP.

as a young lad growing up, he was THE role model to follow for how to present yourself, not just in football, but in life in general. One of my heros and will be missed greatly. I just hope we can have a minutes applause next weekend.

Very sad news indeed, I can only reiterate what everyone else has said on here, the bloke was a football legend who was also one of the great football gents to ever bless the beautiful game.

R.I.P Sir Bobby

[quote user="mockystickwell"]Great tributes!

Rivalry goes out of the window when it comes to this.

Norwich fans are fantastic when it comes to acknowledging football for what it is and full respect to the posts.

Best of luck for next season and I hope you bulldoze league 1[/quote]

Just do me one favour. If you''re at Portman Road in August and the sun is coming down, think of a man who was in football for all the right reasons. Kissing badges for £250k a week - Sir Bobby was the antidote to that rubbish. We really won''t see the like of him again but we were bloody lucky to have been with him at his finest.

Sports Personality of the Year 2007 was a very emotional moment. We''ll all miss a very humble man and a decent human being.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

A legend. He was the first England manager i knew. His connections down the road are irrelevant.

RIP Sir Bobby

[/quote]

Agreed - the one thing the Binners seem to be good at is developing decent managers - Alf Ramsey, Bobby Robson

RIP Sir Bobby

Sir Bobby Robson.........True Legend!

The world of football is a lesser place now he''s gone.

A true gent who will be sadly missed by many.

Rest In Peace Sir Bobby!

OTBC!

Sir Bobby wasn''t just a great in English football, his talent crossed into both European and World football.The man won trophies not only in England but in Holland, Spain, Portugal and Europe.A great manager. A great man.

RIP Sir Bobby. A true legend of the game. He loved football and we loved him for that.

Alsoo saw on the news that in the 14 years that he was at Ipswich he only signed 13 players - great believer in bringing on youth talent.

Legend.

R.I.P.

RIP

He appeared to be a truly decent human being, with great humility, passion for football and compassion for all those around him. Things which cannot be said for the majority of people involved in the game today. A great role model to us all, regardless of the club we support.

There was a decent write up and pic in the Houston paper about his death and his career.  They listed his manager positions with a bunch of Euro teams and England, but not Ipswich.  Kind of amusing Ipswich got left out, especially considering it was that was what got him the England job.

Echo everything on here.To put a different slant on it though. Who was around at the time when fans called for his head and wanted him out of the England job, anyone on here? Perhaps, there''s somebody on here who is "singing his praise" now but ridiculed him and his family when he was in the job. Anybody prepared to stand up?Andy