Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Sir Bobby Robson, 1933-2009

Great tributes!

Rivalry goes out of the window when it comes to this.

Norwich fans are fantastic when it comes to acknowledging football for what it is and full respect to the posts.

Best of luck for next season and I hope you bulldoze league 1

[quote user="mockystickwell"]Great tributes!

Rivalry goes out of the window when it comes to this.

Norwich fans are fantastic when it comes to acknowledging football for what it is and full respect to the posts.

Best of luck for next season and I hope you bulldoze league 1[/quote]Cheers man. Why not link our thread to any Ipswich Boards you attend?

This has made me very sad, I will never forget 1990 world cup. The game has lost a true gent, the world has lost a true gent. RIP sir Bobby, and a big big thank you for all you have done.

The greatest English manager - club or country - I have witnessed,  successful while playing football the way it should be played and with a sense of honour missing from any in the game today. 

One of life''s absolute gems, always reminded me of my late grandfather.

They''ve just had Freddy Shepherd on SSN saying when he joined Newcastle all he said was "Don''t worry about my salary at the moment, just let me take training today and for the rest of the week, the money talks can wait - football comes first."

Enough said, he was all about the football. Sleep peacefully, Bobby.

[quote user="mockystickwell"]Great tributes! Rivalry goes out of the window when it comes to this. Norwich fans are fantastic when it comes to acknowledging football for what it is and full respect to the posts. Best of luck for next season and I hope you bulldoze league 1[/quote]thank you [Y] when it comes to Sir Bobby i think ANY football fan would say the same..great bloke, top manager all round gemtleman

One of the best as a football manager and, more importantly, as a human being. His England team played some excellent football out in Italy in the 1990 World Cup and came very close to winning the damned thing. RIP, Sir Bobby.

The world has just lost another genuine, honest and modest human being, and a great loss at that.  Sir Bobby, you were one of the few gents left in the game with your integrity but your passion too and you will be missed.

What sad news this morning.

Sir Bobby was a great man and a fantastic football manager who deserved even more success than what came his way.

I have no doubts that if Bobby was a few years younger and had the players we now have to choose from then we would see England as World Champions.

He took a pretty average side in my view (with the exception of us having a fantastic goalscoarer in Lineker) to the brink twice and there would of been no more fitting accolade than for this great man to of led us to glory in 1990.

Always handled the criticism of the press in those days with so much decorum, which won him an awful lot of respect.

RIP Bobby... this Norwich City fan has shed more than one tear for you coming to the end of your long battle against cancer.

I never usually post on RIP posts, but this guy was truly a legend and will be a sad loss to the game.

He is probably the first football legend to pass away during my time as a football supporter.

Yet again I''ll reiterate what a true gent he was and what a sad loss this is. I think many people in the current world of football can learn a lot from him, even in his absense he leaves a pretty impressive legacy.

I was having a good day until that news, funny how moved we can get by the loss of people that we don''t know yet still have such an impact on our lives.

One truly great footballing man who brought so much pleasure to so many fans. Rest in Peace Sir Bobby Robson.

Give us a wave Bobby.

Just found out that he had passed away, very saddening news. A truly great passionate man who knew how to be nothing but a sincere gentleman.

Its nice to see that everybody on this board is remaining respectful, I know that many Sunderland fans have not been on another forum which is a disgrace.

Even Craig Bellamy got on like a house on fire with him, he is one of only a few men with no enemys.

Bobby RIP

A tragic loss to football, Sir Bobby was a wonderful man. A true great and a perfect gentleman in a time of inflated ego''s and unpleasant mind games. RIP Sir Bobby.