Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Sir Bobby Robson, 1933-2009

Am truely devistated by this, true legend. Am sure/hopeful of a minutes silence/applause at the match tomorrow

He loved the game and his teams always tried to play the passing, attack centred game although his teams were also solid at the back. He built several great teams at Ipswich and was also an innovator. He was amongst the first to bring in foreign players such as Viljoen, Mueren and Thyssen. I often have wondered what he might have achieved at a club like Manchester United.

Above all he was a gentleman.

God bless you, Sir Bobby and grant you Eternal rest.

A very sad day.  What a gent.

If it hadn''t been for our ineptitude at penalties I''m sure he would have lifted the World Cup.

RIP Sir Bobby.

Top man. Despite his ITFC connections,I know he regarded Norwich highly. Always played the game in the true spirit. To get a club like Ipswich to the UEFA cup final was one hell of an achievement.

RIP.

Very sad news. A true gent of the game......... Sadly, the likes of him are few and far between

now. It seems really strange that just last week there was the thread about the charity game, and now he''s gone.RIP Sir Bobby.

How very very sad to hear of this news (I too shed a tear), he is at peace now and free from pain, my thoughts and condolences and with his family and friends at this time.

RIP Sir Bobby

Rest In Peace Sir Bobby, one of the greatest managers of all time and one of the nicest people that i have had the pleasure to spend time withYou will be greatly missed

He was a real fighter, and to think that just a week ago he was watching the game he loved so much and still enjoying it. Football has lost a legend, one who was an inspiration to so many.

A true legend, who cares who he managed, he was a great ambassador for football and a gent. RIP Sir Bobby.

A great loss to football and to lovers of the game, he had the talent, both as a player and manager, to win supporters hearts no matter what their  Club or Country allegiances.

R.I.P. Bobby

You feel like you are going to go through a brick wall for him. You want to do things beyond the normal for Bobby Robson.Ex-England and Ipswich captain Terry Butcher

To

play for Barcelona at 20 is not easy. Winning and scoring goals bring

their own pressures and Bobby Robson showed me how to deal with all of

this in my career.Brazil''s former Barcelona striker Ronaldo

The

club rules were that each player had to wear a collar and tie when we

travelled to a match. Mr Robson realised I had a problem and that is

why he and coach Cyril Lea each gave me a shirt and a couple of ties

for good measure.Kevin Beattie on how Robson helped him out when he was a penniless youngster...

As has been said, a true gent and a legend.

Italia ''90 was wonderful, and we almost went all the way.

RIP.

Oh how his team at Newcastle let him down. It was a point where new and old football collided and the man I hoped would win limped away! He showed the type of paternal developmental faith in some young wayward bling boys that year taht he''d shown many times before - a policy which had saved many a legend from themselves and allowed them to shine. Those arrogant little tykes up there did for him that season and in my mind it was up there with Ashley Cole''s book as an ugly turning point in how top flight players view their role. Boo to you - you know who you are. RIP Uncle Bobby thanks for keeping the faith in football despite some rotten treatment. The game loves you for it.

Regardless of his Ipswich connections, Sir Bobby was a legend. One of the most succesfull managers of our time and up there with Clough, Shankley etc. What a shame and a great loss to the world of football. Be it Holland, Spain, England, Sir Bobby achieved it all. Very sad day. The feel good factor he created during italia 90 will never be forgotten. Shame the way he was hounded out of the England job or he could have achieved more. The only man associated with Ipswich who has respect all over Norfolk. Great loss, sad day.

R. I. P. Sir Bobby, thanks for the memorys.

Rest in peace Sir Bobby.

Left us all with so many positive memories. Italia 90 was amazing and the spirit of that team was created by the man himself; Platts last minue goal against Belgium with penalities looming; Gazza''a turn against Holland; the crazy 3-2 win against Cameroon followed by the heartbreak defeat against the Germans. As Norwich as I am it is hard to not have wonder at the job he done in Suffolk. Some of the players that he signed; Muhren; Thyssen; 13 players in 14 years; the guy was a genius.

God bless Sir Bobby

May you rest in peace Sir Bobby, you were treated badly by the FA and by Newcastle yet you retained your grace and dignity to the very end. God bless you and your family at this tragic time.