Sign in to follow this  
Henry

Re: Goal!!! Martin 1-1

The difference Arthur is that you''re not turned down for jobs or housing, or spat at in the street, or attacked, or have filth or fire bombs put through your front door because you''re white. And don''t bring up some "political correctness gone mad" urban myth from the Daily Mail to try and prove otherwise - I''m talking about the constant reality of being a minority, not some once a year freak occurence that prompts fake outrage trying to argue how put-upon the white middle class male is.Micky taking is one thing, but try and look a little bit beyond the surface at what lies at the root of it, even if it does challenge your pre-conceptions.And no, I''m not a student.

Whittle, your ignorance in the name of being anti-PC is staggering. Just because something might not bother you or your friends, it is "obviously" ok to say to anyone, certainly on a public message board such as this.  While Political Correctness has indeed gone too far at times, people like yourself are what keep the left mad, and rightly so.  

[quote user="Nuff Said"]The difference Arthur is that you''re not turned down for jobs or housing, or spat at in the street, or attacked, or have filth or fire bombs put through your front door because you''re white. And don''t bring up some "political correctness gone mad" urban myth from the Daily Mail to try and prove otherwise - I''m talking about the constant reality of being a minority, not some once a year freak occurence that prompts fake outrage trying to argue how put-upon the white middle class male is.

Micky taking is one thing, but try and look a little bit beyond the surface at what lies at the root of it, even if it does challenge your pre-conceptions.

And no, I''m not a student.
[/quote]

Try preaching your clap trap in Manningham, Bradford, Hackney or Lozzells in Birmingham to the whites. Wake up sonny, its good to get out and about more.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Whittle, your ignorance in the name of being anti-PC is staggering. Just because something might not bother you or your friends, it is "obviously" ok to say to anyone, certainly on a public message board such as this.  While Political Correctness has indeed gone too far at times, people like yourself are what keep the left mad, and rightly so.  
[/quote]

Sorry in my days we were educated with a BLACK BOARD NOT A CHALK BOARD AND TAUGHT BAA BLACK SHEEP. Grow some bloody balls. Have any of you do gooders actually asked anyone if they are offended or is it really your own self loathing that makes you all so pure? This Country.....and the US by the looks of things.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Sorry in my days we were educated with a BLACK BOARD NOT A CHALK BOARD AND TAUGHT BAA BLACK SHEEP

[/quote]We are now.  Stop believing the carp made up by the Daily Mail.

Anyway, given that most black boards are in fact green, so it may not be the best name for them.

Grow balls? You''re unbelievable.  I have no problems with the term Blackboard nor do I have an issue with the Baa Baa Black Sheep song. What I do take issue is with the casual usage of the term "slope eye" as there is a slippery slope from there to other terms that might truly offend me personally, like K*ke or something in that vein.  If you equate racial epithets with nursery rhymes, and even Limey which isn''t derogatory [is it?] then I feel sorry for any sensitive souls within earshot from you.An as far as freedom of speech, I''m not saying he can''t use racial epithets, it is his right to do so.  I''m just saying he shouldn''t as its the kind and decent thing to do.

Arthur, could you perhaps let us know what level of "banter" is acceptable and where you draw the line? And why it''s down to you a (presumably?) white man to tell minorities what it''s OK for them to tolerate?Chinky, Paki, wog, coon, rastus, nigger? I hope most if not all of these are unacceptable to most people today, but a couple of decades ago they all would have been in common usage. If that''s political correctness, I''m for it. At the end of the day, it''s about being considerate or polite to other people - in this case, who are different in some way to "us".

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Chinky, Paki, wog, coon, rastus, nigger? I hope most if not all of these are unacceptable to most people today, but a couple of decades ago they all would have been in common usage. If that''s political correctness, I''m for it.

[/quote]

So im the only one who says im going down the chinky? Dream on mate.