Sign in to follow this  
Clean Shirt

Idiots

To thos minority who thought it was acceptable to boo cureton Go and support the filth down the road, thats all you are good for. I know he is not playing well at the min, his confidence is shot to bits and your booing was quite honestly at the least unproductive.

If your gonna support the club support it dont put your efforts into making a player feel worse as im sure he already knows that he is not in form at the min without morons telling him as well

Rant over

OTBC

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about a player...even if you think its wrong [Y]

personnaly i have never booed a player wearing a City shirt...managers, the board yes..a player no

There were certainly a fair amount of boos hidden under the cheers... don''t think it was very appropriate... it was a pre-season match and the last thing he wants is us lot knocking his confidence even more.

[quote user="Delia, really it was nothing."]

To thos minority who thought it was acceptable to boo cureton Go and support the filth down the road, thats all you are good for. I know he is not playing well at the min, his confidence is shot to bits and your booing was quite honestly at the least unproductive.

If your gonna support the club support it dont put your efforts into making a player feel worse as im sure he already knows that he is not in

not into booing players,especially pre season! bit sad really!!! board and managers on the other hand!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about a player...even if you think its wrong [Y]

personnaly i have never booed a player wearing a City shirt...managers, the board yes..a player no

[/quote]

Don''t get me wrong i dont want cureton in the team as much as the next bloke its just booing is not on and actually achieves nothing. oh and to set the record straight im all for and ten to partake in booing managers and the board. especially that horrible excuse for a human beeing Roedent.

How about the guy behind me in the City Stabnd who when Jamie was warming up shouted ''Oi Jamie.....score some goals!''

agree i remember how exited evreyone was when he signed, he aint what he was but to expect him to deliver whist getting booed is pathetic, idiots  we love cureton 20 goals plus trust me. give him a break, remember booing marin not that long ago?

That''s the problem with pre-season friendlies. You don''t get the regulars, but a bunch of kids for a quid or similar, who read message boards and listen to similarly naive and opinionated "experts" but who have rarely if ever been to a game before, and who think that behaviour is not only acceptable but encouraged.

I''ve had a season ticket for 26yrs but I haven''t been to a friendly for about 6 years because I end up getting too annoyed with the numpties who turn up. Kids with those ridiculously loud blower things in your ear, usually in gaggles of 12 egging each other on... my idea of hell!

Yeah that really annoyed me. He hadn''t even kicked a ball so how the hell can you make a judgement about how he''s gona play? Players in poor form need support not booing! I was struck, when watching highlights of our prem season, when after the mids 4-4 game Fleming said how the come back was led by fans singing "we''re gona win 5-4 we''re gona win 5-4" when we were 4-1 down. Thats the kinda fans we need, not boo boys!

[quote user="Canary till I die!"]Yeah that really annoyed me. He hadn''t even kicked a ball so how the hell can you make a judgement about how he''s gona play? Players in poor form need support not booing! I was struck, when watching highlights of our prem season, when after the m

i hope he reads this and gets a small lift from it, i think he does need to move on,but he is a club man and we need players that want!! I wish him well, and wont be booing

booing doesn''t help anyone, he wasn''t our worst player last season by a long stretch so not sure where that stems from

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

That''s the problem with pre-season friendlies. You don''t get the regulars, but a bunch of kids for a quid or similar, who read message boards and listen to similarly naive and opinionated "experts" but who have rarely if ever been to a game before, and who think that behaviour is not only acceptable but encouraged.

I''ve had a season ticket for 26yrs but I haven''t been to a friendly for about 6 years because I end up getting too annoyed with the numpties who turn up. Kids with those ridiculously loud blower things in your ear, usually in gaggles of 12 egging each other on... my idea of hell!

[/quote]

Great post.  I tried to stay away from all the pre-season this year but found myself at the Wigan game yesterday.  I knew it was a mistake when I arrived seeing all the kids in their replica tops.  The day was made worse listening to them singing we are going to win the league etc etc!  Clearly most were not at any of the last six games of last season and have fogotten how dire things have been for the last few seasons. Dont get me wrong, I am all for looking forward to the new season, but some are getting carried away before a ball has even been kicked!

[quote user="Canary till I die!"]Yeah that really annoyed me. He hadn''t even kicked a ball so how the hell can you make a judgement about how he''s gona play? Players in poor form need support not booing! I was struck, when watching highlights of our prem season, when after the mids 4-4 game Fleming said how the come back was led by fans singing "we''re gona win 5-4 we''re gona win 5-4" when we were 4-1 down. Thats the kinda fans we need, not boo boys!
There has to be one player each season who is picked out by a number of fans to have a go at. Hughes; Docherty and Iwan Roberts in his first season here. If Cureton doesn''t play this year then someone else will take the manle. It''s in the nature of some "fans" to behave like that.

If players from last years squad shared Curetons love and commitment to the club then we wouldn’t be in league one. If he could bang in five or so goals we would see the Cureton of old. Can you remember city fans booing and heckling Ade Akinbiyi??? Fans all have their own opinions and often they don’t see the larger picture, how about getting behind the team and let them play for us?

[quote user="barryevans"]

agree i remember how exited evreyone was when he signed, he aint what he was but to expect him to deliver whist getting booed is pathetic, idiots  we love cureton 20 goals plus trust me. give him a break, remember booing marin not that long ago?

[/quote]

What? What are you talking about? I remember everybody being really fed up when we signed Cureton as a poor replacement for Earnshaw! Who had himself replaced Ashton only 1 year before. You must be living in a dream world....

But I agree booing him in pre-season is very unhelpful. At least give him a chance for a few games and see if he has found some form over the summer.

I don''t boo players (well, that''s strictly not true, I definitely booed and gave them my opinions at Charlton last season). And without defending those that do, since I generally think its completely counter-productive, maybe the booing him will spur him on a bit. He''ll put more effort in to prove others wrong? Ya know... just a thought :p

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]I don''t boo players (well, that''s strictly not true, I definitely booed and gave them my opinions at Charlton last season). And without defending those that do, since I generally think its completely counter-productive, maybe the booing him will spur him on a bit. He''ll put more effort in to prove others wrong? Ya know... just a thought :p[/quote]Disagree. Cureton is purely a confidence driven player, and when he has little confidence, booing from his own fans is only ever going to make it worse. I''m no fan of him and i think he''s done for (looked poor against Wigan compared to the rest of the squad), but i wouldn''t make it known on the terraces, so to speak.

[quote user="Ren"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[/quote]

Great post.  I tried to stay away from all the pre-season this year but found myself at the Wigan game yesterday.  I knew it was a mistake when I arrived seeing all the kids in their replica tops.  The day was made worse listening to them singing we are going to win the league etc etc!  Clearly most were not at any of the last six games of last season and have fogotten how dire things have been for the last few seasons. Dont get me wrong, I am all for looking forward to the new season, but some are getting carried away before a ball has even been kicked!

[/quote]

Yes dam kids, having some fun at a pre season, being enthusiastic about next season, wearing replica tops of all things! Shocking. Dont they realise how much we have spent on a spine road????

People are always entitled to their opinion but booing one of your own is ridiculous.  If Cureton isn''t good enough this season he will be found out and as a proper gent will stand aside.  I find it amazing that people think by booing one of own it''s going to make it better.  Dreadful cretin behaviour.

I think it''s disgraceful that people can think booing your own player is acceptable. Cureton and in last years case Fotheringham may not be the most fantastic players ever but they did never deserve a reception like this.

But he is sh it and it needs to be done, why have him thinbk that we all like him really. He shouldn''t even be on the wage bill.

[quote user="simon kingston"]But he is sh it and it needs to be done, why have him thinbk that we all like him really. He shouldn''t even be on the wage bill.[/quote]

I think most people who know anything about football will agree that he will be an important squad player in this league.

I''m afraid that, in everyone''s best interests, he really should move on. I don''t know whether he has finally ''lost it'' but I just don''t think he can overcome his own over anxiety and the fan''s negativity at Norwich.I would like to see him move on, preferably out of L1, with our good wishes, to a club where he can make a fresh start with no preconceptions. Unfortunately I suspect, while he stays here, because he will be depressed that he is 3rd or 4th choice, his effect on the squad is likely to be negative rather than positive.