Sign in to follow this  
Conker

New Fantasy Football league - free to enter - £10 donated to Cancer Research UK on your behalf

Hello all,

I came across this as part of my work and have been working with the Norwich City Kitty on it.  Its a fantasy football game in conjunction with Cancer Research UK.

Its free to sign up and play and when you do CRUK will get a £10 donation from Mens Health AND Norwich City Kitty will also receive £5.

Just make sure you use the following link. Once you are in we have set up a league and there will be a prize.

http://track.omguk.com/?PID=6498&AID=26553&CID=2869670&MID=2962

League name is Norwich City Kitty and PIN is 558.

100% free to enter and you can donate £10 to CRUK and £5 to the Kitty PLUS win a prize at the end of the season

I''m now in this as well. Nice one Conker. Everyone should join this - money for nothing to two good causes. Come on then....lets be avin'' you!

Thanks fella, you are in the league.There will be a nice prize at the end too, so you get to help two good causes and yourself for no cost at all.If anyone has any questions please let me know, it is only 2 weeks until the Premiership season begins so sign up ASAP and tell your mates too. (Just be sure to use the link I posted as it tracks the sales to ensure CRUK and NCK get their money)Fantasy Football League - £10 to Cancer Research UK and £5 to Norwich City Kitty League name is Norwich City Kitty and PIN is 558.

Well done Conker!This is a brilliant idea, money for the kitty and money for cancer research all in one free hit. Timing is spot on too with Bobby Robson passing away yesterday - a great man even allowing for the fact he managed the binners.

Thanks for the support.  Please pass this thread on to anyone who might be interested.  Two very good causes are benefiting from very little effort on our part.Everyone loves a bit of fantasy football in light of yesterdays news and the recent news about John Hartson, people should be aware how close to home it can be.Sign up now, we already have several people in the league

16 entrants for the main league now, so an impressive £160 has been donated to CRUK in just one day.  Not to mentioned the £80 winging its way to the Norwich City Kitty.For some extra spice, there is now a City V Town league also, with 4 Ipswich fans and then me so far so please come and join.

Me and my Yellow Hammers are in the league, I''ll make sure I win (all in the name of charity of course!)
Seriously great find, and a great idea - lets see those membership numbers soar!

I''m in. Let the fun begin.Has anyone started a Pink Un League for the Texaco Chamionship Fantasy Football League as I have a team there too?

Excellent, if anyone wants me to set up any other leagues let me know.  You can also join in the league vs the Town fans from TWTD for a bit of a laugh.Going very well so far but we have just under 2 weeks to go and cant rest on our laurels, I''m hopeful we can reach 100 sign ups in total and raise a tasty £1000 for charity plus another £500 for the kitty.If anyone can help promote this in anyway on their websites, emails etc please let me know.

One other thing, we have had over 30 people join the past two days which is a great effort. More than £300 raised for CRUK so far and another wedge for the Kitty too.Thanks again to all who have taken part, dont forget you can also join the City V Town league for a bit of banter with those from down the road.We still have plenty of time to swell those numbers and make the contribution huge, I''m aiming for £1000 guys which would be a cracking achievement.You can find all details and links at the beginning of this thread.Thanks again

All signed up.Thanks for the interest.  Don''t forget that if you want to tell your mates, use the link found in this thread or also on the Norwich City Kitty Forum.  This contains a tracking link so that CRUK receive their money, if you direct people to the site without this link they won''t receive a penny from Men''s Health.

A big thanks to Pete also for adding this post to the stickys section, we have had another 5 people join this evening since then.  Very much appreciated.I will keep you all updated on the number of registrations and donations to date, but keep the sign ups coming.  Remember, not cost to you at all!!

Hi,Thanks for joining.  You should now be live in the main league. If you would like to take part in the City v Town league the League PIN is: 580Thanks again

Quick update.As of 3pm this afternoon when the registrations were reconciled we had over 50 sign ups which is fantastic.  Dont let that stop you mind, no better time than the present :)

Hello again all.  We have had our daily stats update which leaves at at 75 registrations do far which is frankly amazing.  £750 has been allocated for Cancer Research and we have also been able to renegotiate the amount going to the Kitty on a tiered basis, meaning if we hit 100 registrations before the season starts they will alos receive £10....so £20 will now be donated on your behalf.Obviously I''m delighted with your efforts so far and very grateful, if there is anyone who has not yet registered please have a read and see if it is of interest.Thanks again.

Pending atm,

Tell me this isnt a good team! [:)]

P Cech
L Young  J Lescott B Hangeland  G Clichy

R Delap           F Lampard        A Young
                        M Fellaini

F Torres   C Tevez

Not bad mate, i went with.

Freidel

L Young Jagielka J Tomkins G Clichy

Lennon Palacios Lampard Arshavin

Rooney Saha

Everybody pending should now be approved, thanks for registering.I''ve got a team in too... what do you think?                      HowardBosginwa Hangeland Terry BridgeM Taylor Ireland Arshavin Young             Fuller        Owen

Sh*t... i completely forgot about Ireland... wish i''d put him in ahead of Lamps.

despite all their spending this summer Ireland is still the best player man City have IMO.

Aha, Swapped Ireland for Lamps, which freed up enough cash for me to swap Saha for Torres.