Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Michael Theoklitos how did he do last night???

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

how was his alround peroformance??? thnx in advance

[/quote]

According to a mate who was at the game, he did what little he had to do well, looked confident, came for crosses and talked a lot. The complete opposite of Marshall then[:D]

came for crosses and talked a lot. Music to my ears. Not since Green left have I felt comfortable watching a Norwich keeper coming for crosses etc... Hopefully Theo will keep this up.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]sounds good thnx [Y]....so looking forward to the new season [:D]  roll on aug 7th[/quote]

You going a day early?

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]sounds good thnx [Y]....so looking forward to the new season [:D]  roll on aug 7th[/quote]

Or even the 8th........

[quote user="The Chirp"]Not since Green left have I felt comfortable watching a Norwich keeper coming for crosses etc... Hopefully Theo will keep this up. [/quote]Really?!?! Seem to recall that was his real weakness.

[quote user="The Chirp"]came for crosses and talked a lot. Music to my ears. Not since Green left have I felt comfortable watching a Norwich keeper coming for crosses etc... Hopefully Theo will keep this up.
[/quote]

Absolutely spot on

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Or even the 8th........

[/quote]see im that excited im going a day early [:D]  lol  [:P]

[quote user="The Chirp"]came for crosses and talked a lot. Music to my ears. Not since Green left have I felt comfortable watching a Norwich keeper coming for crosses etc... Hopefully Theo will keep this up.
[/quote]

I hope he catches them or gets good clearance on his punch when he comes.

That''s the trick. Not coming. 

OTBC

bly I would say that goes without saying!The worst is when a keeper goes out into no mans land leaving his goal at the mercy of the opposition. Walta Zenga did this a lot, strange for a decent goalie... Paul Gallagher did as well. Reading a quote from Gunn, he said he and Crook could hear Theo talking to his defence even when we were attacking, this is good to hear. From the reports i''ve read on him from his time in Oz, he is a great organiser and is excellent dealing with crosses etc, not to mention a decent shot stopper. If he can keep this up he could earn us 10 points this season. Think how many points we dropped by mistakes made by our keeper over the last couple of years... quite a few... even marshall, made some great saves but also flapped or made bad decisions.A keeper who gives good information out to his defence is a very positive sign for the season.

Marshall cost us 6 points through two god awful kicks alone, not to mention other areas he lacked goalkeeping ability in.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]came for crosses and talked a lot. Music to my ears. Not since Green left have I felt comfortable watching a Norwich keeper coming for crosses etc... Hopefully Theo will keep this up. [/quote]

I hope he catches them or gets good clearance on his punch when he comes.

That''s the trick. Not coming. 

OTBC

[/quote]He bossed the back 4 / 5 players well (I''m including Gill who responded well defensively) and when he came for crosses it was decisive. He punched appropriately and only when a secure collection was out of the question. Good start I''d say.

I wonder how well he''ll be playing after his fellow Aussies have lost the Ashes though?[:D]

[quote user="Lambo"]Marshall cost us 6 points through two god awful kicks alone, not to mention other areas he lacked goalkeeping ability in.[/quote]

Yes but he also probably saved us about ten with some quite exceptional shot stops.

Theo looked good, although his distribution in the first half was a bit iffy. He was very confident, came out and caught pretty much everything that was with his grasp and made one very commanding punch in a crowded box. Saved a stinging long range shot which moved in the air quite a bit, was at a good height though. Also came out and closed down Freddie Sears and Victor Moses on a couple of occasions smothering the ball well. Looked alot less mistake prone than Speroni at the other end.

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]Hmm?[/quote]Ok here''s how this works. He did play well enough against Palace. It was a good start. We reported that. Then he had a howler. That doesn''t alter any of the analysis of the Palace game. So ''hmmm'' what?It''s all very well hauling these posts out when people need proving wrong, but surely this was an honest attempt by some of us to report how his game went. Or is the entire purpose of this forum to notch punches and counter punches against one another?

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Colchester Canary"]Hmm?[/quote]

Ok here''s how this works. He did play well enough against Palace. It was a good start. We reported that. Then he had a howler. That doesn''t alter any of the analysis of the Palace game. So ''hmmm'' what?

It''s all very well hauling these posts out when people need proving wrong, but surely this was an honest attempt by some of us to report how his game went. Or is the entire purpose of this forum to notch punches and counter punches against one another?
[/quote]

Perhaps you''ve inadvertantly stumbled upon a point here Romantic, many posters on here appear to have written Theokolitis off after the  Colchester game, but this thread clearly demonstrates that he does infact have the ability to be a reliable goalkeeper for us.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="Colchester Canary"]Hmm?[/quote]Ok here''s how this works. He did play well enough against Palace. It was a good start. We reported that. Then he had a howler. That doesn''t alter any of the analysis of the Palace game. So ''hmmm'' what?It''s all very well hauling these posts out when people need proving wrong, but surely this was an honest attempt by some of us to report how his game went. Or is the entire purpose of this forum to notch punches and counter punches against one another?[/quote]

Perhaps you''ve inadvertantly stumbled upon a point here Romantic, many posters on here appear to have written Theokolitis off after the  Colchester game, but this thread clearly demonstrates that he does infact have the ability to be a reliable goalkeeper for us.

[/quote]Not necessarily what I (or indeed the bumpist) had in mind but ok.

I think that we need to look at the whole 11, and drop the whole 11.

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever to play any of them.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]I think that we need to look at the whole 11, and drop the whole 11.

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever to play any of them.[/quote]Apart from ditching them after one atricious game would probably destroy any last piece of confidence in their ability.  Giving them a second chance in a match that before Saturday would have been a game where people wouldn''t be phased by a loss.  Tomorrow night will make or break our season imo.  A win and a solid performance and Saturday can be put to bed as something that will stay in their minds but used more as inspiration rather than something that started the rot.People like Theo, Semi, Wes, Whaley seem to be confidence players.  Leaving them out will do nothing for their confidence.  And if they play poorly and we lose then can the team be changed in a game that matters in terms of points.

this really is last chance saloon for Semmi, he''s been rubbish for ages now apart from 1 friendly now. I think Theoklitos definately deserves another chance, i can name lots of goalies that have looked awful for 1 game and then amazing for the vast majority of others. Paul Robinson, David James, Fabien Barthez, even Van Der Sar... Give theo a chance again imo, maybe not vs yeovil tho, it''s Rudds turn to see what he can do now i think. Get Askou in and you can flip a coin to see who gets dropped out of Doc and Nelson, although i''d be inclined to go Nelson and Askou to see what they''re like, maybe it is the Doc who is the spanner in the works.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]this really is last chance saloon for Semmi, he''s been rubbish for ages now apart from 1 friendly now. I think Theoklitos definately deserves another chance, i can name lots of goalies that have looked awful for 1 game and then amazing for the vast majority of others. Paul Robinson, David James, Fabien Barthez, even Van Der Sar... Give theo a chance again imo, maybe not vs yeovil tho, it''s Rudds turn to see what he can do now i think. Get Askou in and you can flip a coin to see who gets dropped out of Doc and Nelson, although i''d be inclined to go Nelson and Askou to see what they''re like, maybe it is the Doc who is the spanner in the works.[/quote]Agree with you completely, Semi needs someone there to motivate him and obviously that is lacking, not just for him but for the whole team, I remember after the Barnsley game last year (Gunn''s first game) there were reports of the GK coach at the time laying into Semi in an attempt to motivate him and it obviously worked as he had one hell of a second half and that just doesnt seem to be there.As for Doc, he plays well when he has a great partner, he played well with Stevanovic, Taylor and Kennedy however looked awful with Omazuzi (although he wasnt a CB) and Nelson.  I would go with Doc and Askou.I think Theo is a very self confident person and he will be determind to prove himself (he needs to) but I expect him to prove himself.

Whatever Otsemobor''s other qualities might be, his defining characteristic is to destroy the team''s confidence in a heartbeat.For this reson he is a total & complete liabilty. Playing with him in your side must be like driving a car at high speed knowing a wheel bearing is close to collapse.Unless he can be converted to RM, he can never, ever play for NCFC again.

I think we have to keep Theo in the team tonight and bring in Spillane for Semi and Askou for Nelson.  Gunn will not drop his captain after one game however bad it was.

It has to be said, and he admitted it himself, that on Saturday Theo was poor. The four goals in 20 minutes completely destroyed the self-belief of our team, and Theo contributed significantly along with the rest of the defence.Even the best keeper makes mistakes and is beaten often, but unless he consistently does well there will always be a doubt in the mind of the rest of the defence, and even blame and animosity.We need a confident, consistent and good keeper. If Theo can step up to the mark, then great, but we cannot permit too many games to pass in trying to restore his confidence. No player is more important than the team.