Sign in to follow this  
LQ

Supporters groups meet the Board next week

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Given our level of resources we should be in the top 6 by Oct / Nov.[/quote]Yep, let''s do the final league tables in order of wealth then there''ll be no need to play all those pesky matches! [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Given our level of resources we should be in the top 6 by Oct / Nov.[/quote]Yep, let''s do the final league tables in order of wealth then there''ll be no need to play all those pesky matches! [:S][/quote]

We could make a film about The Stowmarket Two''s gardener stalking Tangy!   The gardener doesn''t say much of any substance but he''s good at stalking.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t have a question for the board as such LQ because it won''t matter a jot what they answer. At the end of the day if we win football matches the ordinary fan will soon lose interest in the boardroom but if we have another disappointing season there will be calls for the boards heads. We''re a football club and that''s the way of it. No answers that the board could give would change that fact.

I do have a question for you though : I believe the forming of the SCG and other fans initiatives came through people who are no longer at the club. Do you believe these things will carry on under the new board?

[/quote]

Exactly, spot on Nutty... [Y]

As The Butler and Myself have suggested many times, those running our club need to be set some kind of targets throughout the season to match.

If come the end of September/start of October things are going as most fans are now expecting them to go and we are sat up there in the top 6 then I am sure the team will continue to receive most fans backing and what is going on within the boardroom will take much more of a back seat.  Anything short or that however and questions will obviously start be raised.

First and foremost, we as a group of fans need to decide what is an acceptable performance for this coming season.  For example, some say that just getting in to the play-offs without promotion would be acceptable, I would say that it is not and anything less than promotion at the first attempt without significant fresh investment being found will mean yet another year of our club moving in the wrong direction.

I get the feeling that some fans would even take a 7th or 8th place finish?

I think that anything short of a swift return to the Championship and the offer of a suitable budget given to Mr Gunn to keep us there is failing the club and the city once more.

To be fair, I think that we may have a squad capable of competing at this level.  I am still not sure though if we may find ourselves lacking in that extra bit of quality required to make the difference between success and failure.  I will not be happy if come the end of the season they are claiming poverty yet again for not having one or two real quality individuals who could of made the difference, as yet more cutbacks are made to balance the books.

I think that there should be further meetings throughout the season to assess whether we are on track to achieve the above goals or not.

[/quote]

But that''s the team''s performance, Smudger. So if the team does well, then you think the board is off the hook? I''m surprised that you of all people would think that? What''s still really important is the underlying investment and overall control of the club.

I won''t be happy until those are sorted, regardless of where we are in the league this year, because it''s the long term problems that will hold us back in the long-term.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Given our level of resources we should be in the top 6 by Oct / Nov.[/quote]Yep, let''s do the final league tables in order of wealth then there''ll be no need to play all those pesky matches! [:S][/quote]

If you calculated the co-efficient of correlation between club''s wealth and their league positions, I think you''d find a pretty significant correlation.

Now there''s a big word for you, doggy. Correlation. Go look it up and come back when you''ve educated yourself

As I have posted in the Hoolahan / Leeds thread, can somebody please make it clear to them that the Board will lose an awful lot of credibility if they sell Hoolahan (for anything other than ''silly money'', say £2m) in this transfer window!

I can confirm that neither the Norfolk Nationalist Party or its military wing Sons of Boadicea have been invited.

LQ - Could you ask them to respond to the most important question of all.........Have/are the club going to replace my old, jaded, faded, off yellow plastic seat?

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

I can confirm that neither the Norfolk Nationalist Party or its military wing Sons of Boadicea have been invited.

LQ - Could you ask them to respond to the most important question of all.........Have/are the club going to replace my old, jaded, faded, off yellow plastic seat?

[/quote]Have you asked them to?[I]

[quote user="Lambo"]How do you go about joining a supporters group may i ask??[/quote]http://www.capitalcanaries.com/index.php?page=how-to-join

[quote user="Rock the Boat"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t have a question for the board as such LQ because it won''t matter a jot what they answer. At the end of the day if we win football matches the ordinary fan will soon lose interest in the boardroom but if we have another disappointing season there will be calls for the boards heads. We''re a football club and that''s the way of it. No answers that the board could give would change that fact.

I do have a question for you though : I believe the forming of the SCG and other fans initiatives came through people who are no longer at the club. Do you believe these things will carry on under the new board?

[/quote]

Exactly, spot on Nutty... [Y]

As The Butler and Myself have suggested many times, those running our club need to be set some kind of targets throughout the season to match.

If come the end of September/start of October things are going as most fans are now expecting them to go and we are sat up there in the top 6 then I am sure the team will continue to receive most fans backing and what is going on within the boardroom will take much more of a back seat.  Anything short or that however and questions will obviously start be raised.

First and foremost, we as a group of fans need to decide what is an acceptable performance for this coming season.  For example, some say that just getting in to the play-offs without promotion would be acceptable, I would say that it is not and anything less than promotion at the first attempt without significant fresh investment being found will mean yet another year of our club moving in the wrong direction.

I get the feeling that some fans would even take a 7th or 8th place finish?

I think that anything short of a swift return to the Championship and the offer of a suitable budget given to Mr Gunn to keep us there is failing the club and the city once more.

To be fair, I think that we may have a squad capable of competing at this level.  I am still not sure though if we may find ourselves lacking in that extra bit of quality required to make the difference between success and failure.  I will not be happy if come the end of the season they are claiming poverty yet again for not having one or two real quality individuals who could of made the difference, as yet more cutbacks are made to balance the books.

I think that there should be further meetings throughout the season to assess whether we are on track to achieve the above goals or not.

[/quote]

But that''s the team''s performance, Smudger. So if the team does well, then you think the board is off the hook? I''m surprised that you of all people would think that? What''s still really important is the underlying investment and overall control of the club.

I won''t be happy until those are sorted, regardless of where we are in the league this year, because it''s the long term problems that will hold us back in the long-term.

[/quote]

I suggest that you read my original post again.

Nowhere does it say lets let the board off the hook if we do well this season.

They need to find investment as well as making sure that enough support is there to ensure that promotion is won this year.

[quote user="Rock the Boat"]

If you calculated the co-efficient of correlation between club''s wealth and their league positions, I think you''d find a pretty significant correlation.

Now there''s a big word for you, doggy. Correlation. Go look it up and come back when you''ve educated yourself

[/quote]

Good one, Rock the Boat.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Have/are the club going to replace my old, jaded, faded, off yellow plastic seat?[/quote]

Dont give the board an idea to spend more money on Tangible Fixed Assets!

[/quote]Too right.......Tangible Fixed Assets!.......waste of space![:''(]