Sign in to follow this  
LQ

Supporters groups meet the Board next week

Now here I go, setting myself up for (potentially) a load of flak but what''s new? Never know when to keep schtum and hide, me![;)]Some of you may recall that a meeting between the Board members and supporters groups had been alluded to on here a while ago. This meeting is due to take place next week. As far as I know NCISA, NCST, the Shareholders Assoc and the SCG have all been invited as, I assume, have other groups (Northern Canaries, Capital Canaries etc).I haven''t seen any posts about this meeting since it has been confirmed so I''m not sure how the reps of some of these groups are communicating to see if there are issues they would like raised amongst their membership. I imagine there have been emails flying around here, there and everywhere! So, here''s the bit where the flak can start, I''m going (or I was till someone reads this and takes exception!) and would very much like to hear your views that you may like expressed at the meeting because as far as I''m concerned the whole ''open and honest'' thing that I signed up to hasn''t changed. I''ve often been asked if I pass on sentiments I read online during SCG meetings so this time, although it''s not only an SCG jobby, I thought I''d ask outright.Where are we, now that Team Gunn has had the summer to reassess, sign, sell, let go, train and all that? Are you generally happy with how things are panning out down Carra way? Do you have particular concerns or worries that you feel have been overlooked by the Board? Have the changes at the top and in the squad given you more confidence?I appreciate that there will probably be some ''hilarious'' ripostes to this post but any serious issues I can put directly to the Board I will. If you''re not comfortable saying anything on here I suggest you get in touch with NCISA, NCST or whoever you may be a member of directly - I''m sure they''ll offer the same.I have no idea what the format for the meeting will be nor whether I''ll get much of an opportunity to say much at all but I''ll happily report back afterwards with what answers I can.Ta!

No-one suggested to me that this was some kind of secret.If it were I wouldn''t be going!Not after last time...[:P]

Can confirm that the Capital Canaries will be represented.

For anyone in the London area, Delia, Michael and new Chief Executive David McNally will be answering questions at the Q&A session following our AGM on Monday 10th August. For more information please see our website: www.capitalcanaries.com, details on the front page.

[quote user="Forces2Canaries"]F2C aren''t going - not been invited![/quote]

Hmmmm... Our Boys excluded as the Daily Star might say.

Neither have I !

[quote user="Forces2Canaries"]F2C aren''t going - not been invited![/quote]

.Other fans will have their own views but I would suggest this is a rare

opportunity to discuss big issues, and there is none bigger than the

future ownership of the club.The previous board, whatever its

faults, got at least one thing right, and that was wanting any

potential owner to promise long-term financial support.I would

want an assurance that the new board is keeping firmly to that crucial

criterion and will not be seduced by offers that are only attractive in

the short-term and do not guarantee the club''s future.However,

as LQ may be overloaded with other people''s suggestions and questions

to put forward, as well as her own, I will make this point directly to

the new board by email.

You wont have any luck with Neil Doncasters email anymore...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"].Other fans will have their own views but I would suggest this is a rare

opportunity to discuss big issues, and there is none bigger than the

future ownership of the club.The previous board, whatever its

faults, got at least one thing right, and that was wanting any

potential owner to promise long-term financial support.I would

want an assurance that the new board is keeping firmly to that crucial

criterion and will not be seduced by offers that are only attractive in

the short-term and do not guarantee the club''s future.However,

as LQ may be overloaded with other people''s suggestions and questions

to put forward, as well as her own, I will make this point directly to

the new board by email.[/quote]

LQ as each of the other invitees are representing associations of one kind or another, who are you representing?

Other than message boards were do you get your feedback/questions?

Who do you report back to?

How many of the SCG have been invited?

That''s a start!!

Hello Butler,I''ve answered all that before but...1) People who sit around me; friends in ''real'' life; people who just talk to me (yep - they do!)2) I don''t report back to anyone?3) All of them I assume. That''ll include SCG members who are also members of other groups.The only reason I posted this is because I haven''t seen anyone else who is going ask for views to express directly to the Board from any fan. It''s a long way from being a perfect system as I''ve said a hundred times, but it is what it is and while it exists I''ll work with it.Do you have anything you''d like me to try to get an opinion on from the Board?

[quote user="LQ"]Hello Butler,

I''ve answered all that before but...

1) People who sit around me; friends in ''real'' life; people who just talk to me (yep - they do!)

2) I don''t report back to anyone?

3) All of them I assume. That''ll include SCG members who are also members of other groups.

The only reason I posted this is because I haven''t seen anyone else who is going ask for views to express directly to the Board from any fan. It''s a long way from being a perfect system as I''ve said a hundred times, but it is what it is and while it exists I''ll work with it.

Do you have anything you''d like me to try to get an opinion on from the Board?

[/quote]

Are they going to put the prices up to £2 to watch the players train?

[quote user="LQ"]Hello Butler,

I''ve answered all that before but...

1) People who sit around me; friends in ''real'' life; people who just talk to me (yep - they do!)

2) I don''t report back to anyone?

3) All of them I assume. That''ll include SCG members who are also members of other groups.

The only reason I posted this is because I haven''t seen anyone else who is going ask for views to express directly to the Board from any fan. It''s a long way from being a perfect system as I''ve said a hundred times, but it is what it is and while it exists I''ll work with it.

Do you have anything you''d like me to try to get an opinion on from the Board?

[/quote]

Not a critisism but it seems a strange system that you go as an individual representing "your own views". Put what slant you want to any answers and have no one to report to afterwards.

No wonder there was suspicion about SCG!

What I would realy like is a non sycophantic opinion of the new board, it''s members and the influence still weighed by Delia and Michael.

If ,as a business woman, you can come back with a straight answer on that I for one would much appreciate it.

All I can do, Butler, is tell you what I see and how I see it. I have always tried to ensure that a variety of views are expressed and if someone else doesn''t do it, I will.That''s all I ever do - like it or not! That''s what you do too [;)] As I said the only reason I posted this was to see if there was

anything anyone wanted said now, after the summer of madness and before

kick-off.I''ll certainly express my opinion in public, as it were, after the meeting.Ok?

I assume the SCG are a group that are representative of a general cross section of supporters, and not representing specific supporters per se.  LQ I take it is trying to involve fans on here so she doesn''t get any flak.

[quote user="LQ"]All I can do, Butler, is tell you what I see and how I see it. I have always tried to ensure that a variety of views are expressed and if someone else doesn''t do it, I will.

That''s all I ever do - like it or not! That''s what you do too [;)] As I said the only reason I posted this was to see if there was anything anyone wanted said now, after the summer of madness and before kick-off.

I''ll certainly express my opinion in public, as it were, after the meeting.

Ok?

[/quote]

The request LQ was a serious one.

If, as you say, you will give an honest opinion that is all I ask.

It''s not so I don''t get any flak - it''s so that I can take on board more views than just those of the mates I chat to in ''real'' life.All our opinions are equally valid (even if you are a keyboard warrior [;)]) and I''m interested.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="LQ"]All I can do, Butler, is tell you what I see and how I see it. I have always tried to ensure that a variety of views are expressed and if someone else doesn''t do it, I will.That''s all I ever do - like it or not! That''s what you do too [;)] As I said the only reason I posted this was to see if there was anything anyone wanted said now, after the summer of madness and before kick-off.I''ll certainly express my opinion in public, as it were, after the meeting.Ok?

[/quote]

The request LQ was a serious one.

If, as you say, you will give an honest opinion that is all I ask.

[/quote]I took it seriously - and I will.

So LQ, at the risk of upsetting someone else this week, if this is nor "real life" what''s the point of taking the views from here to the meeting?

Sorry NN, by ''real'' I mean face to face.This is ''virtual life'', but as you suggest no less real.

It''s sort of half and half LQ. I am beginning to realise that where as some folk are genuine others live in a fantasy world. On the message board you can not renew a season ticket that you don''t actually have to renew. Or you can claim a rebate from a ticket that you never owned. You can make all kinds of claims that are from a complete fantasy world. So unless you know your questions are coming from "real life" people you could be taking points to the meeting that have no bearing on anything but virtual reality.

Credit where credit is due, your old adversary Tilly got it right. Flush ''em out and take the points from face to face meetings.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s sort of half and half LQ. I am beginning to realise that where as some folk are genuine others live in a fantasy world. On the message board you can not renew a season ticket that you don''t actually have to renew. Or you can claim a rebate from a ticket that you never owned. You can make all kinds of claims that are from a complete fantasy world. So unless you know your questions are coming from "real life" people you could be taking points to the meeting that have no bearing on anything but virtual reality.

Credit where credit is due, your old adversary Tilly got it right. Flush ''em out and take the points from face to face meetings.

[/quote]I hardly think I can call face to face meetings, NN. All I can do is say this is happening and ask for questions/views, so I will.I think I''ve worked out who I can take seriously on here [;)]

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I hardly think I can call face to face meetings, NN. All I can do is say this is happening and ask for questions/views, so I will.

I think I''ve worked out who I can take seriously on here [;)]

[/quote]

Good luck to you anyway [Y]

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I hardly think I can call face to face meetings, NN. All I can do is say this is happening and ask for questions/views, so I will.

I think I''ve worked out who I can take seriously on here [;)]

[/quote]

I think the only people taken seriously on here are the ones with an A-level in english. Wether they are on a winde up or not?

Not criticizing you LQ but NCSIA can go into the board meeting and claim the representation of five hundred odd (sometimes very odd) members. So Tilly''s views carry some weight. Whereas the board can argue that your opinions are yours alone.