Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Pink'Un mobile site

As much as I love NCFC I have enough useless junk associated with my darn mobile already. Most of it I neither need nor want in fact do I really need a mobile at all? I am not sure it has improved my life one jot so I hope that answers the OP''s question. Sorry and all that.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

The Pink ''Un is going mobile!

We are looking at creating a dedicated Pink ''Un mobile site - and want you to tell us what you want to see on it.

Do you want to continue your Norwich City debates through a mobile message board? Do you want SMS text alerts for breaking news and goals? Downloads? Ringtones? Local league scores and tables?

We will then take your ideas to our developers to offer you the best Pink ''Un mobile service.

Thanks for your help and support.

[/quote]

Pete

What about something more imaginative from Archant ?

Like people knocking on your door (the personal touch) and singing you the latest transfer news ? Or have people driving round the city in vans with loud hailers shouting ''the latest'' ?

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

We are looking at creating a dedicated Pink ''Un mobile site - and want you to tell us what you want to see on it.

Do you want to continue your Norwich City debates through a mobile message board? Do you want SMS text alerts for breaking news and goals? Downloads? Ringtones? Local league scores and tables?

We will then take your ideas to our developers to offer you the best Pink ''Un mobile service.

[/quote]

There is no point in wasting money on creating a seperate website for mobiles as most mobiles can now read normal websites. Typical Archant about 15 years behind with the times.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Girl of the week in a city shirt!

[/quote]girl of the week just in city socks [;)] [Y] i will sign up to that (glad the wife isnt watching me type this lol)

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

I would like a readily available back catalogue of all of my posts so that I am able to reach a wider audience. I would also like my avatar to be the "home page".... plus contact details of any attractive young women in Norwich who are into older men.  (Sorry but this will not entitle you to membership of Cluck''s Purist Group.)

I trust you will get onto this asap.

[/quote]LMFAO....crying laughing so hard [Y]

Why is it a waste of money?  For loads of modern mobiles, their browsers are still to small and simple to render full pages correctly.  Offering it as an option makes sense to me.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

There is no point in wasting money on creating a seperate website for mobiles as most mobiles can now read normal websites. Typical Archant about 15 years behind with the times.

[/quote]

Sooooooo.....what exactly are the chances then Pete?

I could accept some sort of compromise. Any chance? Maybe perhaps? Any possibility? Any? Any at all?.......Mmm? Mmm?....... Mmm?

Ring me ok?

[quote user="St. Cluck"]Ring me ok?[/quote]Pigeons normally have a ring round their legs but in your case one round your neck might be more appropriate! [+o(]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="St. Cluck"]Ring me ok?[/quote]Pigeons normally have a ring round their legs but in your case one round your neck might be more appropriate! [+o(][/quote]

That wasn''t very nice....

I hope you get sores on your testicles.

[quote user="ACE"]Why is it a waste of money?  For loads of modern mobiles, their browsers are still to small and simple to render full pages correctly.  Offering it as an option makes sense to me.

1. Those older style phones are being phased out to be replaced by ones that can view normal websites.

2. People who want to view websites on their phone are buying ones that can view normal websites.

3. People still with older style/basic phones tend to be happy with SMS text updates rather than use it to browse the Internet - else they would buy a phone that can browse normal websites.

Therefore very very few people, and even fewer in the future would bother with a Pink Un mobile website. Archant (ECN) tried mobile websites years ago and it was a massive flop.

The money would be better spent on proof-reading what is put on the Archant websites as there are often lots of mistakes.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]