Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Pink'Un mobile site

The Pink ''Un is going mobile!

We are looking at creating a dedicated Pink ''Un mobile site - and want you to tell us what you want to see on it.

Do you want to continue your Norwich City debates through a mobile message board? Do you want SMS text alerts for breaking news and goals? Downloads? Ringtones? Local league scores and tables?

We will then take your ideas to our developers to offer you the best Pink ''Un mobile service.

Thanks for your help and support.

• Normal Message Board service like it is on here
  • Fixtures (Available to browse on the mobile site and possibly to download to your phone?)
  • League Table (Same as above)
  • 5 or 6 Latest Norwich City news
That is all [:)]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Girl of the week in a city shirt!

[/quote]

Or man of the week [;)]  Although i''m not sure I would be happy to let hubby pose topless lmfao

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

The Pink ''Un is going mobile!

We are looking at creating a dedicated Pink ''Un mobile site - and want you to tell us what you want to see on it.

Do you want to continue your Norwich City debates through a mobile message board? Do you want SMS text alerts for breaking news and goals? Downloads? Ringtones? Local league scores and tables?

We will then take your ideas to our developers to offer you the best Pink ''Un mobile service.

Thanks for your help and support.

[/quote]

I''d like to see some original news.

The thought of paying for news that your reporters get off the forum in the first place doesn''t really get me excited.

Honestly, you see posts on the forum and two days later it''s big Pink Un headlines.

Yawn.

Some news would be nice... on the main website, maybe? No? Okay, we''ll sit happy not knowing what''s happening, then............... ho hum.....

If you are aiming at the WAP users, such as I am, no graphics. It takes time to download on a 3G connection.Also, do away with the ads. If I have to pay to view advertising, I just won''t bother logging on.

I would like to see the following:

Breaking News by sms (eg. new signings, press conference), team news (including subs), goal updates and up to date match reports by sms, transfer rumours (in), information on new signings (some players I have never heard of and know nothing about), fans forum for supporters to express their views, a Question and Answer section for supporters to ask the club any questions they may have, up to date league table as and when goals are scored, NCFC fantasy football, video highlights of goals scored in matches and interviews, NCFC ringtones, pictures and games. [Y]

I would like a readily available back catalogue of all of my posts so that I am able to reach a wider audience. I would also like my avatar to be the "home page".... plus contact details of any attractive young women in Norwich who are into older men.  (Sorry but this will not entitle you to membership of Cluck''s Purist Group.)

I trust you will get onto this asap.

Absolutely no need for a mobile version of the site. The site as it is now is nice and basic, simple and adequately laid out. Navigating the site on my phone while I am at work is very easy.

[quote user="JTG"]Absolutely no need for a mobile version of the site. The site as it is now is nice and basic, simple and adequately laid out. Navigating the site on my phone while I am at work is very easy.[/quote]

You''re one of the lucky ones. Doesn''t even work on my phone.

[quote user="JTG"]Absolutely no need for a mobile version of the site. The site as it is now is nice and basic, simple and adequately laid out. Navigating the site on my phone while I am at work is very easy.[/quote]

It works well for me too,and i only have a basic SonyE. The only change i can suggest is to get rid of the photos!

I actually find abridged mobile verions of websites pretty irritating, the BBC for example, it takes me ages to get to the page I want.

For me the most important thing would be for it not to go automatically to the mobile site if using a mobile, I find this site perfectly easy to navigate on my phone.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]I actually find abridged mobile verions of websites pretty irritating, the BBC for example, it takes me ages to get to the page I want. For me the most important thing would be for it not to go automatically to the mobile site if using a mobile, I find this site perfectly easy to navigate on my phone.[/quote]

How does the EDP site navigate on your phone? (as that''s the way the PinkUn site is going)

We''ve had a basic mobile version of the site with the graphics for years at www.pinkun.com/text but not sure there''s much call for that these days with these new-fangled phones that do all sorts (apart from mine it seems)

pete

i use an htc touch with Windows 6 and Opera browser so can read main site fine - it could be quicker but otherwise fine. i also hate the bbc mobile site - much prefer the main one. Just think you''ve missed the boat on this. Much better to spend the r''n''d cash on the main site and make it faster - or spend it on journo''s that really investigate!

A mobile pink un website would be great, offen tap into the website on my blackberry.

Mobile Pink Un should cover the basics and easy to use, otherwise nobody will use it. Most pinkun user will use this service whilst away from their laptop or computer, which generally will only be for a short period. Therefore live scores and goalscorers, cards ect are a must!! A top story over the past few days along with some minor 3 or 4 headlines. Other results within L1 might also be a good idea. Most of all keep it user friendly test it on various phones. keep it simple!! Thanks PinkUn - on the ball city!!

I totally agree with Shefcanary - I use both a HTC touch diamond and iPod Touch, and both of them run the main site fine. It''s one of the easiest sites to use on there as it''s not ''caked'' in images, videos, flashpoint animations, or adverts (like most other sites seem to be these days).

Don''t limit the content. Dumbed down versions aren''t the way forward (again, as said before - the BBC site is a prime example). But do keep it simple (like the current page is).

....liked the idea of City ''Girl of the Week''

Honestly most mobile web sites are rubbish. And in a world in which phones have regular browsers there''s really little point. If you want to make something great for mobile users make an iphone/itouch/Blackberry app. As a template check out the ECB cricket iphone app on the itunes store.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

You''re one of the lucky ones. Doesn''t even work on my phone.

[/quote]Granted, I do have an iPhone, but still, phones'' web browser are only going to get better and better. I implore you not to go ahead with a mobile version of the Pink''Un. Mobile versions of websites are always far worse.