Sign in to follow this  
Canary02 III

Getting irritable and impatient

This is why I hate the transfer window. If we were just waiting for decisions on the trial players I''d be happily patient, but to announce a player having a medical on Monday and by wednesday to have made no more comment suggests that either the player is tossing us about or that we''ve arsed up a negotiation by being amateur.

Hopefully I''m just venting some steam and by tonight at least Whaley will be signed and sealed. But why do we ALWAYS make such heavy weather of getting players in?

Isn''t it Tuesday? Or have I slept through a day!?

There''s still time!

Sorry, although do agree with the point - very frustrating times!

And not really much of a sniff on Twitter, it''s very quiet.  So something is going on and it''s very hush hush or we have yet another day of waiting and wondering, I will go for the latter lol

I must admit I usually sit on the fence on these issues, but i''m starting to side with you and getting annoyed,

As you mentioned about the trial players, i''m not expecting any news on them until next week, as they have been given an extra weeks trial.

I posted yesterday asking how long it takes do do a medical.

Obviously with bigger clubs they can get them done quickly. But we seem to have gone back in time and employed bloody Florence Nightingale to do ours.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

lol you aren''t alone and I normally have the patience of a saint [;)]

[/quote]

I do have the patience of a Saint........

I came on here to say exactly the same thing, although maybe with a little more swearing, and you''ve beaten me to it... great minds and all that...That''s the thing that grates, really - reports of Whaley having a medical, and then.......... nothing! Not a whisper... just a few soundbytes from manager and players, and a little bit of news about Clingan''s inevitable departure... but nothing of Whaley or any of the trial players maybe given contracts.  Even just to tell us that they''re going to get a few more games to prove themselves would be nice, so that we at least know!This is where Archant should be going all out to bring us news, but they''re seemingly happy to sit on their thumbs twittering about how nothing is happening... no? Well go out there and make it happen, then... you''re journalists, you should be banging on doors demanding to know the truth! Grrrr...  [H]

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t know that you could remove and own peoples mindsets after you''d bitten their heads off and devoured their souls. Worth knowing.

Poor Saint...

[quote user="THINK BLUE"]Isn''t it Tuesday? Or have I slept through a day!? There''s still time! Sorry, although do agree with the point - very frustrating times![/quote]

Oops, sorry, I have been under the impression it''s wednesday! I''m having a blonde moment brought on by extreme frustration. The point still stands but if you could all lose just a little respect for my mental accuities to compensate that''d be smashing. I''m off to eat curry and battle the outset of alzheimers.

[/quote]

[/quote]I have the patience of Simon Templar.Trumped.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I came on here to say exactly the same thing, although maybe with a little more swearing, and you''ve beaten me to it... great minds and all that...

That''s the thing that grates, really - reports of Whaley having a medical, and then.......... nothing! Not a whisper... just a few soundbytes from manager and players, and a little bit of news about Clingan''s inevitable departure... but nothing of Whaley or any of the trial players maybe given contracts.  Even just to tell us that they''re going to get a few more games to prove themselves would be nice, so that we at least know!

This is where Archant should be going all out to bring us news, but they''re seemingly happy to sit on their thumbs twittering about how nothing is happening... no? Well go out there and make it happen, then... you''re journalists, you should be banging on doors demanding to know the truth! Grrrr...  [H]
[/quote]

I love it when you go Grrr and get all manly...

How goes it EM? Long time no speak.

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t know that you could remove and own peoples mindsets after you''d bitten their heads off and devoured their souls. Worth knowing.

Poor Saint...

[/quote]

You are all my bitches........

Now get down on your knees while I spray for you.......

[/quote]

[/quote]

But that''s because you are a Saint Cluck, Saint WAY don''t sound too good lol

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I came on here to say exactly the same thing, although maybe with a little more swearing, and you''ve beaten me to it... great minds and all that...That''s the thing that grates, really - reports of Whaley having a medical, and then.......... nothing! Not a whisper... just a few soundbytes from manager and players, and a little bit of news about Clingan''s inevitable departure... but nothing of Whaley or any of the trial players maybe given contracts.  Even just to tell us that they''re going to get a few more games to prove themselves would be nice, so that we at least know!This is where Archant should be going all out to bring us news, but they''re seemingly happy to sit on their thumbs twittering about how nothing is happening... no? Well go out there and make it happen, then... you''re journalists, you should be banging on doors demanding to know the truth! Grrrr...  [H][/quote]

But Archant reporters can''t go near Carrow Road anymore.

It''s a bit like the scene in the film The Running Man when they are in a prison with no walls, but they have those collar things round their necks, and if they cross the where the sensors are then their collars dotonate.

And before anyone asks, I''m working on getting some of those collars to put on Delia and co. when they are away from the grouod to stop them going back there.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I came on here to say exactly the same thing, although maybe with a little more swearing, and you''ve beaten me to it... great minds and all that...That''s the thing that grates, really - reports of Whaley having a medical, and then.......... nothing! Not a whisper... just a few soundbytes from manager and players, and a little bit of news about Clingan''s inevitable departure... but nothing of Whaley or any of the trial players maybe given contracts.  Even just to tell us that they''re going to get a few more games to prove themselves would be nice, so that we at least know!This is where Archant should be going all out to bring us news, but they''re seemingly happy to sit on their thumbs twittering about how nothing is happening... no? Well go out there and make it happen, then... you''re journalists, you should be banging on doors demanding to know the truth! Grrrr...  [H][/quote]

[/quote]Poor and bored... looking forward to the kids coming back from their week at the Grandparents... relaxing is all well and good for a few days, then it just gets samey... doesn''t help that I''m sitting here having to listen to the racket from the garage as workmen dig up the floor to divert the toilet pipes that were so poorly installed they caused an overflow and got shitty water all over the garage floor....Hopefully we''ll get to come down to Norwich at some point over the summer... plus I''ll be urging you closer to the time to ensure you put Stockport (31st Oct) in your away fixtures plans!!

Perhaps, just perhaps, the Whaley deal is a swap after all.....[quote user="Canary02 III"]

This is why I hate the transfer window. If we were just waiting for decisions on the trial players I''d be happily patient, but to announce a player having a medical on Monday and by wednesday to have made no more comment suggests that either the player is tossing us about or that we''ve arsed up a negotiation by being amateur.

Hopefully I''m just venting some steam and by tonight at least Whaley will be signed and sealed. But why do we ALWAYS make such heavy weather of getting players in?

[/quote]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Canary02 III"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I came on here to say exactly the same thing, although maybe with a little more swearing, and you''ve beaten me to it... great minds and all that...

That''s the thing that grates, really - reports of Whaley having a medical, and then.......... nothing! Not a whisper... just a few soundbytes from manager and players, and a little bit of news about Clingan''s inevitable departure... but nothing of Whaley or any of the trial players maybe given contracts.  Even just to tell us that they''re going to get a few more games to prove themselves would be nice, so that we at least know!

This is where Archant should be going all out to bring us news, but they''re seemingly happy to sit on their thumbs twittering about how nothing is happening... no? Well go out there and make it happen, then... you''re journalists, you should be banging on doors demanding to know the truth! Grrrr...  [H]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Poor and bored... looking forward to the kids coming back from their week at the Grandparents... relaxing is all well and good for a few days, then it just gets samey... doesn''t help that I''m sitting here having to listen to the racket from the garage as workmen dig up the floor to divert the toilet pipes that were so poorly installed they caused an overflow and got shitty water all over the garage floor....

Hopefully we''ll get to come down to Norwich at some point over the summer... plus I''ll be urging you closer to the time to ensure you put Stockport (31st Oct) in your away fixtures plans!!
[/quote]

Given that baby is due 21st Oct the chances of Mrs Canary 02 III letting me up to Monkeywalk Land are relatively slim. Let me know when you''re back in Naaarch and by that time I may just be able to afford a pint or two!

It''s a pity though because Stockport are a decent shout to go down so it might be a while before I get to knock Edgeley Park off again.

[quote user="ref89"]Perhaps, just perhaps, the Whaley deal is a swap after all.....

[/quote][/quote]

Now if that''s for Russell it''s an idea I''m happy to go with and if it takes a day longer to sort that one out it''d be worth the wait (esp if we get a few quid on top as well).

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="ref89"]Perhaps, just perhaps, the Whaley deal is a swap after all.....

[/quote][/quote]

Now if that''s for Russell it''s an idea I''m happy to go with and if it takes a day longer to sort that one out it''d be worth the wait (esp if we get a few quid on top as well).

[/quote]

Cock, Idiot, Tw@t, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="ref89"]Perhaps, just perhaps, the Whaley deal is a swap after all.....

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="yorkcanary"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]I came on here to say exactly the same thing, although maybe with a little more swearing, and you''ve beaten me to it... great minds and all that...That''s the thing that grates, really - reports of Whaley having a medical, and then.......... nothing! Not a whisper... just a few soundbytes from manager and players, and a little bit of news about Clingan''s inevitable departure... but nothing of Whaley or any of the trial players maybe given contracts.  Even just to tell us that they''re going to get a few more games to prove themselves would be nice, so that we at least know!This is where Archant should be going all out to bring us news, but they''re seemingly happy to sit on their thumbs twittering about how nothing is happening... no? Well go out there and make it happen, then... you''re journalists, you should be banging on doors demanding to know the truth! Grrrr...  [H][/quote]

But Archant reporters can''t go near Carrow Road anymore.

It''s a bit like the scene in the film The Running Man when they are in a prison with no walls, but they have those collar things round their necks, and if they cross the where the sensors are then their collars dotonate.

And before anyone asks, I''m working on getting some of those collars to put on Delia and co. when they are away from the grouod to stop them going back there.[/quote]Unfortunately you are competing against the fact that they already have one that keeps them within CR.  Never wondered why they won''t sell up!

I have to say i find it all immensely frustrating as well. For me the biggest frustration is that the free signings are all well and good but once again the biggest and most important gap in our squad/team remains unfilled with less than 3 weeks to go before the season kicks off. Some things never change.

it does seem a little odd that theres been a delay which could mean one of a few things

1) whaley isnt sure about signing but did the medical anyway but asked for a little extra time to consider the move

2) gunn has delayed announcing the signing until he decides which triallists he will be signing in order to make it big buisness in media terms

3) something completely normal is holding it up and I don''t have a scooby what that is

Oh well heres to waiting, summers are always a mixed bag at Carrow Road

The striker is key. We simply cannot be succesful without more physical presence in attack. The players we have cannot provide that.

I accept that strikers are the most expensive players to buy and the ones that managers are most loathe to lose, but other clubs manage to make things happen, and I''m sick of us always being the ones at the end of a domino chain, hoping that none of the links goes missing. Take the bull by the horns and MAKE IT HAPPEN.